Pineapple Express Automatic - Barneys Farm + Sweet Tooth Automatic - Barneys Farm

well some quick advice on autos: don't do ANYTHING to stress. this means, cut anything, transfers, picking buds early, FIM, TOP. none of it.

You wanna start it in its final home to avoid transplants. Id say ATLEAST a 2 gallon pot. mine are in 3-4 gallon pots and i still am prob gna do bigger next time. like 5 or 7.

autos love CAL/Mag when they are in flower and many autos show cal/mag deficiencies in late growth so keep that in mind. (maybe pick up some cal/mag)

Most autos are done in between 40days and 90 days from seed depending on the strain.

In the future i think i will grow in coco(at least my autos). reason being, i want to start them right away on my Blue planet nutrients and what i have now( fox farm happy frog) has about 3 weeks worth of nutes in it. so it throws off the whole BPN schedule and has caused me to create my own feed schedule. Just fed them tonight 16M-21B-16G

Hope this helps :)

In my opinion Gnats are an over-hyped threat, but actually are annoying and for auto's might not be so over-hyped as they are more sensitive shall we say (I personally believe the breeders just eff up the seeds and blame the world for their crap-outs, but, whose to say.)

On Auto's I use it from the git go. On photo's, I just blanket the surface if a problem arises.

& its real handy for what its purpose is truly for also...cleaning up spills, lol, algae to prevent algae...gotta love it

might be worth buying some and keeping it in stock till needed, at the moment, touch wood ive had no problems, at first i noticed what i thought was a spider mite, its a few mm in size and round and looked like a spider with short legs and was stripy, i caught it and dealt with it, i kept checking my plants and under the leaves for signs of mites but since removing that one i have seen nothing, so possibly it wasnt a mit, but it didnt look like a normal spider, did look like a mite, but its dealt with, ill get some just in case as these things can go out of control very quick,

@AutoBlazer, ill put everything in the post tomorrow and it will be with you very shortly ill send you tracking number, everything will be secure,

yes i have heard of and used some DE. but users must keep in mind that it has NO effect when wet which is why i don't use it. being outdoors i get dew every morning along with pesticides etc. butttt to sprinkle some on ur dirt and even all around your grow its great for almost everything lol. even snakes won't cross a line of DE. picture like a lot of little sulfur-like razorblades. pretty much thats de lol. but IMPORTANT: do not mix up natural DE and pool DE. they are different and you need to make sure you get the 100% DE. farmers use it on animal feed to keep bacteria and little living things out that may cause disease. they are many benefits but don't get POOL DE!

might be worth buying some and keeping it in stock till needed, at the moment, touch wood ive had no problems, at first i noticed what i thought was a spider mite, its a few mm in size and round and looked like a spider with short legs and was stripy, i caught it and dealt with it, i kept checking my plants and under the leaves for signs of mites but since removing that one i have seen nothing, so possibly it wasnt a mit, but it didnt look like a normal spider, did look like a mite, but its dealt with, ill get some just in case as these things can go out of control very quick,

@autoblazer, ill put everything in the post tomorrow and it will be with you very shortly ill send you tracking number, everything will be secure,

Nah, only get it if you have a need for it or its free...he's using miracle grow though and it comes pre-nuted & pre-infested...even still, i'd only get it if needed. They're either already there eating the roots or not.

k, i did mention that miracle grow is not the best as it contains to much nutes for seed growth and growers have problem with it, but ive heard others have had great results with it, if it was me id prefer to use it on clones i try and stay away from miracle grow if i can and try and get something that is labled with john innes or jonne innes, not sure on spelling though, my compost i got was dirt cheap, excuse the pun, but it seems to be doing ok with my plants, and even better now im using bpn,

I used Miracle grow once and had gnats everywhere, then researched (lazy me shoulda researched first, hand-slap) & found its common with their soil...found that on non-Mary Jane threads en masse. Plus my darn plant just seemed to stubbornly refuse to finish. Got doggone near a whole bag outside never touched again, frick'in bugs (gnats) living in it.

breeding your own bugs then, at least they got somewhere nice to live, i think miracle grow must have the wrong kind of nutes, not actually sure whats in it but i know they add stuff, miracle grow have bought something new out as well, its sort of compressed compost and when you water it it expands if this link works check it out

Miracle-Gro® Expand 'n Gro

now check that crazy stuff out, i can see it been good for adding to normal ground soil, but my question is this, what on earth makes it expand and does it shrink when it dries out, surely this cant be good for plants, i mean if it does shrink when it dries out then surely this has to pull on roots and break them, it looks good but does it actually work, problem is the price is probably not worth it

I think Miracle Grow isn't neccessarily Miracle Grow any more. I think Scott's bought 'em out & now they're something most likely different under a "known marketable" namebrand. Probably most of the bad crap associated with their soil is stockpiled old stuff gradually being bought up. I actually use one of their fert's. Called to get the part's per million of the nitrogen and did the math to get the elemental P & K. Then use it combined with some potassium nitrate prills to mix up my own nutes. Carries me well into the grow before it needs any serious tweaking...right now I'm at 123 ppm N, 60 ppm P & 208 ppm K (theoretically at least by the math.) I'm 20-22 days from sprout, 27 from germination on a 12/12 from slightly after seed (18 days)

your probably right then, all i can remember was their compost been a load of crap but that was going back 8 or 9 years, it had all bits of plastic bag in it and stuff like that, it was as if it was just collected from recycling bins and then shredded and bagged up after the microbes have sat for a few weeks to compost it a bit, but they could of at least processed it a bit better and got all the plastic out of it, i also have plants growing in it that i never planted and loads of weeds growing,

breeding your own bugs then, at least they got somewhere nice to live, i think miracle grow must have the wrong kind of nutes, not actually sure whats in it but i know they add stuff, miracle grow have bought something new out as well, its sort of compressed compost and when you water it it expands if this link works check it out

Miracle-Gro® Expand 'n Gro

That actually looks like its worth checking out. Says its "coir" nuted 0.45-0.15-0.30...doesn't say whether time released or not although at such a small percentage don't know that it would matter too much. I used Burpee coco coir pre-charged a tad this time so I guess we'll see, lol.

right mate, hows the grow going, give us an update, not heard from you for a while, ill send you the tracking number shortly ok, its on its way should be with you buy sat or mon at the very latest, any pics to show and any updates on the grow

Okay so, its about two-three weeks in now, Pineapple Express Auto is looking good and Sweet Tooth is now cathcing up with her. Sorry I have'nt updated for a while and great to see soo many replies, I will be sure to upload some picks tonight guys :D

good to see ya back mate, hope its all good and you can get the best out of what you got, my plants have exploded all of a sudden and got buds all over the place, got loads of pics up but you need to go back a few pages on my journal to see them as i put more pics up of the plants that have just come into flower now, i got to much going on at the moment, im not sprouting any more seeds till i need to, i got enough going on now to give me 2 flower rounds so once this is out the way the rest will go into flower then ill flower them off and start again from day one with new strains, ill be using hps from day1 though next time round to compare growth with cfls, to me the cfls where amazing and gave me amazing results, i mean just look at my plants now, they was under cfl till very recently so cfls do work and get great results, you get very little stretch and loads of bushy growth which is all good,

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom