Pineapple Haze Bagseed, Mars TS1000, Indoor Soil & Promix

Sweet!! You got your seeds!! :yahoo:
@780grow grew those lambs breath before. I’ve actually got some bud of his from his LB. it’s good stuff!

Yeah crop kings never give freebies for seeds. I have like three or four of those pins as well! I was stoked on them at first but then they just sit around lol the two you have on the far left, I don’t have. I’ve got the one on the right though.

Thanks man, any help is always appreciated since this will be a big endeavour for me. So excited and nervous haha!

White widow auto was my first grow and provided great yields! Lambs breath auto i just finished and this plant was easy to LST with her long branching.
Good luck with the grow!

Thanks @780grow I am very excited to try both kinds. Feeling like I made the right choices lol and thanks! I’ll keep that in mind!

Thanks for the tag, BL!

It's not generally recommended, but it is definitely possible...you just have to start training real early, and continue it well into flowering (which always seems to start too early)
Give me a shout out if there's anything I can do to help...
Have a great day,NBT!

Hey @carcass how you been? Long time no talk man. Haven’t been around a lot. Last I read your journal Ms Cheese was still outside haha. A bit ago now. But will be more active again since I am getting into this full tilt now that I can afford the investment.
I’d definitely appreciate some pointers. I was thinking to top after the 4 branches needed to quadline and bought several different style ties so I can train even the smallest most delicate branches lol I may only try that on 1 and then let the rest grow mostly natural main cola but still train branches out and not up. What do you think? Do you have a couple few pages of your journal I could review regarding your training?

Thanks again:passitleft:

Do you have a couple few pages of your journal I could review regarding your training?
Sure enough!

It goes on for quite a few pages, but it covers a couple of quadlined autos that both worked
out pretty well- harvested 11oz. between the 2 of them....
( back when Ms. Cheese was a just a little thing :))

Sure enough!

It goes on for quite a few pages, but it covers a couple of quadlined autos that both worked
out pretty well- harvested 11oz. between the 2 of them....
( back when Ms. Cheese was a just a little thing :))

Thanks! I’ll go check it out but looks like the journal of yours I was active in a while so guess I’ll go look again for a refresher. I’ve done so much reading and research about everything I often forget where I found the resources. And that’s even with a folder of links about growing and processing and another folder full of links about equipment.. fans, lights, tents Etc with recommendations or guidelines haha.

I’ve got a busy next couple as I’m bringing a close friend to see his dying mom today and Mother’s Day coming Sunday with Saturday plans to just work on the garden. Monday will be my day maybe haha.

So.. I did a thing guys. I couldn’t wait. Haha. But I did receive confirmation that the pots have shipped and that was really the last piece I was waiting for. Knowing they’ll arrive early next week... I accidentally..

C09C97D1-551E-4232-821C-F0D6E8F61300.jpeg

Based on their rules for popping these seeds.. a warm, humid, dark, but with airflow place isn’t an easy place to find. So I opted for my food pantry which meets most of the criteria as best I can. The warmest room in the house is also the brightest lol. I am going to wait a week or so and then start a couple more so I can have enough to fill my tent because if both lights are running full tilt, I don’t want wasted space lol and will hopefully give me a week leg up what to expect from the rest of them and use the first 2 as guinea pigs lol

Also, the auto wannabe is still packing on the inches and getting more lush and green by the day. Pretty sure seeing gains of an inch a day on the 2 longer branches I’ve been training. Here’s a couple pics from yesterday of only her.
7AEF6681-97CA-4DD4-9E37-FAF354BBDCD3.jpeg

9C325517-5840-46D1-9E60-99430D3EFD85.jpeg

C9F93DDA-C5C2-488F-8D86-1F3B23FE244E.jpeg

The others got a good drink of full strength nutrients this time instead of 50% strength like they have been and the flowering girl got her first 50% feeding since transplant. It was actually transplanted into all purpose promix (All I had available then) and has been using the soils nutrition but with all the new growth, figured it was time to ease into a boost. Wish the Pineapple haze, the one bagseed I have identified would recover better. Seems flipping into flower for the other one is what really revived it but since autos are on their way in I might just toss the 2 in veg as they’ll be too big even at their slow rate of growth to wait until autos are done to give them 12/12 to flower. I’ll keep the one that is behaving like an auto as she’ll fit right in with the others.

For today, that’s all I have. Until next time...

NBT:passitleft:

Hey everyone!

Back with another update. Not going to spend too much time on this one. I transplanted the white widow into soil last night. She was ready. The Lambs breath will be transplanted later today but I’m concerned as the tail didn’t grow straight but rather curled in the same direction the seed section will want to grow. No pics of the seeds as I forgot but here’s white widow transplanted. Watered just a tiny bit with plain water ph’d to 6.2. 26” away from the light.
CF36DB25-8204-4B3C-92E4-9A501FBB3829.jpeg

I decided to go with a smaller pot of Happy frog soil from FoxFarms and will do 1 transplant into final 3 gal smart pot each with FoxFarms Ocean Forest soil which seems to be a great debate on if it’s too hot for seedlings so not taking chances and just going the transplant route. Also, since I couldn’t find a suitable warm enough place I’ve been keeping the seeds in a pan (in damp paper towel) on a heating blanket on medium heat which is just enough to take the chill off the metal. Both seeds I dropped germed so that’s a plus.

Onto the auto wannabe.. TLDR
So I finished the last of the upgrades to the tent being venting the in-line fan/filter outside instead of the room the tent was in with a window open. To do this I had to rearrange the room to get the tent closer to the window. Doing this required some rearranging of wires and plugs and led me to decide to put separate the lights onto separate but synced timers on different plugs. When I setup the new timer to copy the current one running both lights (inside tent for girls and outside the tent for veggies) I discovered that the light cycle was actually 17 hours, not 18 like I thought. So I added an extra hour onto the end of the day and the entire on off period was shifted by about 15 minutes due to stuff being unplugged. Then at the end of the night I waited for the lead tent timer to shut off then manually clicked the second timer until it shut off to exactly sync the “time”. This may be the cause of the auto wannabe going into flower. Between that and the huge stress period all the plants went through. So now everything is rearranged and the timer is fixed and everything is ready to start the auto seeds.
I fashioned a homemade frame for the vent hose in the window. It’s 2 pieces of painted plywood sandwiching a 1”x1” piece of board on either side where the external vent with louvres is mounted. I decided on this one so theres no back flow and it’s closed when the fan shuts off (which it often does but never more then 30 seconds at a time). The thickness is so the window closes on it and holds it in place. So far it seems to work well and there is only a tiny draft around it in a spot or two.
End

The auto wannabe seems to be doing good but if you read the above, I’m curious to see if she will go back into veg given the light cycle change to 18/6. She got plain ph’d water To 6.2 last night and unph’d nutrient water almost a week ago before I got the meter. What an experience using the ph meter! I did what I have been doing the last few waters based on the formula I found online and it was 100% incorrect and read a ph of 4.8 haha. So now at least all is well and the plants will get the ph they need. I also checked my tap and it reads a 6.9 which is close to the 6.8 the last city test identified at the beginning of the year at the treatment plant. My distilled rinse water was a 5.0. Good things to know haha. So I’ve stopped really shaping the auto wannabe as most of the shoots coming off the main branches are all the same height as the tips of the main and I’m happy with the shape it’s taking on. Kind of like a multi tined pitch fork. Haha
86BED37E-4A66-496A-8251-A14F32F6692E.jpeg
74AB5071-7AB0-471F-A8FF-D395DDB7B8B5.jpeg

I did tension a couple of lines a tiny bit just to make the mainline a bit more straight and level after the pictures. I also find it interesting the seemingly genetic defect where the leaves aren’t growing in the usual formation. It’s left me rather puzzled and curious. The other 2 plants in the tent.. well.. they’re still just slowly vegging away. Not making any significant gains but aren’t looking worse either so I didn’t bother to photo. Anyway that’s all the update for today.

Until next time.. happy growing!
NBT

Back
Top Bottom