Pineapple Haze Bagseed, Mars TS1000, Indoor Soil & Promix

NBT

Hey guys! NBT here. After taking a break for a couple months just before Christmas to try some existing tomato plants under the Mars light which was very lacklustre due to their sheer size vs the light I could provide with a Mars TS1000. I had 3 tomato plants that I kept in front of the window for a couple months and they stretched and didn’t fruit. I then put them under the light and they produced mass amounts of flowers each but only produced about 5 tomatoes as most of the flowers withered and died instead of turning to fruit. These plants finished at ~7 feet tall using 2 stacked tomato cages for each plant and in a medium storage container. But enough about tomatoes since this is about a new seed! (I leave you with an old pic of the tomatoes for those curious.)

20191123_152718.jpg

So back at the beginning of February I decided it was time to try to start some new girls so with my mass amount of old seeds started popping a bunch down between wet paper towel. There were combinations of 10+ yr old seeds from my pill bottle, some a little newer from a bag, and more recently towards the end of February since I had no success with the others, some seeds from my guy I buy from since his batch went bad and all he had was seedy plants. Even though these were fresh and mature looking seeds, these didn’t pop either. So a total of roughly 30 seeds were wrote off minus 1. In the last batch of 6 I did, I did 1 oddball seed I got a few weeks ago from the dispensary. My guy wasn’t available so I got a stash there (yes, we already smoked all of my 2 girls which looking back now turned out very good compared to my dealers. I let him sample and he even commented how good it was compared to his and he’s been at it 15 yrs)

That brings us to the one lonely seed. So I buy my stash and preparing to smoke and I accidentally cut up a seed which I wasn’t expecting to find. So I figure, there’s odds to find a second so I search the stash and find ONE additional lonely seed. Score!!! :slide:This went straight into paper towel to try to hatch with 5 others and it did! So here we are today, a plant to start a new journal with. When I bought this stash, it was called Pineapple something which I couldn’t remember as she only wrote Pineapple on the bag but theirs was tested at 27% THC and Sativa So even though this is bagseed again, I have more information this time around which is great! And the smoke from them was definitely enjoyable so I’ll look forward to more if this seed turns out female. My wife and I did some searching pineapple strain names and pictures and believe it was Pineapple Haze (PH) we had so thats what we’ll call it for documentation sake.

A bit about the Equipment in this grow:
Light Mars Hydro TS1000 on veg scheduled timer
Dehumidifier if needed
14” fan once needed
Black garden soil/promix roughly 50/50 mix
regular tap water no PH info available except that the city tested as 6.83 at the treatment plant. (Same water used last grow fine)
nutrients are hs plantlife easy bloom+ 3-6-6 for soil and coco

Forgive me if I have left anything out of the list. I guess I’ll mention later if need be.

Seeds hit paper towel Feb 11th, soil by Feb 13th and by Feb 18th I had a healthy little start to my PH seed.

20200211_123207.jpg

20200224_123213.jpg
20200224_123219.jpg
20200224_123231.jpg
20200224_123241.jpg

This seedling is about ready for transplant from its little cup as its starting to show roots on the bottom of the cup. I’ll be completing this later today or tomorrow along with popping more seeds down in hopes of having a few on the go. They are all bagseed so the better odds I have of getting at least 2 females, the better. And if I end up with more than 2, might finally be the push I need to take the plunge on another light.

If I missed any information that anyone would like, please feel free to ask! Thanks for reading my long first post on this new journey together and welcome to my journal!

Attachments

• 20200211_123207.jpg
    20200211_123207.jpg
    735 KB · Views: 113
Welcome 780grow! Thanks for joining in! I've already completed 1 grow with my Mars TS1000 and it was great! Even pushing the coverage limits I yielded 100g dry from 2 plants using bagseed, first attempt ever and vegged mostly outside before coming inside to finish under the light. Link in my signature.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Count me in brother! Good to see you get a journal up and going finally! :high-five:

Thanks! I'm pretty excited to be starting a new one too. Never again will I bother with tomatoes inside haha.

Hello everyone!

Time for an overdue update!

A lot has gone on in the last little while. I decided to put another batch of seeds down to see if I could pop anymore but this time in a shot glass with water in a warm, dark place. Success! Some had larger tails and some had barely a nub but they all got planted. Less than 24 hours and one has proven to be super ambitious and has already broken the soil and is standing tall.

Yesterday after all were planted:

20200228_150338.jpg

Today barely lunch time:
20200229_111515.jpg

As for the original seed, I transplanted that a few days ago but forgot that the new pot would move the plant quite a bit closer to the light (which it was for about 24 hours) so a couple of the leaves turned brown. Since then I've lowered the light back to 24" from the lower level cups bringing it slightly closer to the one in the bigger pot and used the dimmer to dim it to what I can only guess is about 60% since the markings don't help with a screwdriver inserted to turn. Also dont have a meter to test power draw to tune it but will look into one of those for future.

Heres a couple pics over the last couple days of it in its bigger pot:
20200228_150320.jpg
20200228_150350.jpg
20200228_150407.jpg

Sorry about the focus in the pictures. Camera just didn't want to cooperate today.

Everything has been lightly watered a few times since the soil is bone dry and doesnt seem to absorb well until its had time to soak and saturate.

Will be working the next few days so next update will be Thursday if I can find the time.

Something happening with the plant in the last two photos! :nervous-guy:Looks like a calcium shortage or something. Good to see ya man!

No, I forgot to raise the light or lower the intensity for the first 24 hours after transplanting. Light was at about 16" for almost a full light cycle (day) due to how raised the new pot I transferred to was. The new growth seems fine. It's going to get its first weak nutritional drink next water anyway.

Hey everyone. Sorry for a complete lack of updating as life took hold full force a while. But a lot has changed since last update. These plants in the grow were neglected and stalled out. 3 have been destroyed as they took the neglect the hardest. Thank goodness they’re bagseed haha. 3 others are now enjoying their new home with some new gear and getting some late LST while still recovering from the mess. I probably wont be updating this journal much more before the cycle is completed due to anticipated time constraints getting the autos going and giving them the TLC they need. Not super concerned about the loss but might still bring them full cycle if space permits with the autos. Or at least the one that’s flowering under 18/6. I will be starting a new journal in a couple (3 weeks tops) with a whole new gear setup.
Here are some updated pics of the girls in their new home.

This girl for some reason or another has started flowering in the tent under 18/6 light as well. Auto wannabe I say. But she’s the healthiest and also getting some late LST and is also the healthiest.

Now for the changes. There has been a lot of changes over the past month with more supplies on their way. There was no tent before but now the new home is a 5’x5’x7’ Mars Hydro tent along with 2X Mars Hydro TSL-2000 lights, a new tower fan for better air circulation and coverage to both top and bottoms of plants. Mesh pots on the way and already have FF Happy frog for seedlings and FF Ocean Forest for mature plants instead of plain promix. Also a bottle of Tiger Bloom by FF for end game nutes during flower. Also on order is a ph pen & lastly working on a cooling solution. Will likely be a combination of ac in room that tent is in and in-line fan for exhausting the tent.

All this is in preparation for my first batch of seeds ordered. No more bagseed!! On order are 5x White Widow auto fem and 5x Lambs Breath Auto fem. one is Indica heavy and the other is Sativa dom to have both options on hand for personal smoke. Once I get a couple autos done, I also have 5x Afghani regular seeds on order. The hope is a male which will be taken full cycle under the TS1000 in a separate area to harvest pollen and use the qtip technique to hit a branch or two on the best female to get additional seeds as well as a good harvest.
I leave you with a tent pic before I upgraded the fan.

Keep on smokin’
NBT

Attachments

• 7269C93D-6FF9-4D5E-A0D3-64A270E2F2A2.jpeg
    7269C93D-6FF9-4D5E-A0D3-64A270E2F2A2.jpeg
    986.7 KB · Views: 108
Is there a way to open another fresh air I take or have a heavier outtake of air to keep your tent cool enough to run both your lights?
Good to see you back with an update!!
we’ve been PM back and forth but it’s still good to see you throw out an update!!

Just took a look at your completed journal,I'm a bag seed junky myself so It was cool to see such success with bag seed as I am having a decent time with mine also.. I'll stick around to see how this one goes.. that wannabe auto is interesting, what are the odds haha.. if u wanna see some seed/clone madness go check out my journal lol got a clusterf**k goin on here lol.. :goodluck:

Is there a way to open another fresh air I take or have a heavier outtake of air to keep your tent cool enough to run both your lights?
Good to see you back with an update!!
we’ve been PM back and forth but it’s still good to see you throw out an update!!
Thanks man! As of today I’ve ordered the AC Infinity Cloudline T6 (6”) fan. Has speed control based based on temp/humidity thresholds you set. Looked at others and they’re cheaper but also get what you pay for. Figured I’d spend now and get something that should last. Also charcoal filter so can comfortably vent out window without concern and with respect for the neighbours even though it’s legal. That’ll solve the problems once that arrives haha. Should be able to cycle air in room up to twice per minute (only once per minute recommended) even with the filter causing resistance. That should take care of heat problems because the house is otherwise reasonably cool.

Just took a look at your completed journal,I'm a bag seed junky myself so It was cool to see such success with bag seed as I am having a decent time with mine also.. I'll stick around to see how this one goes.. that wannabe auto is interesting, what are the odds haha.. if u wanna see some seed/clone madness go check out my journal lol got a clusterf**k goin on here lol.. :goodluck:
Firstly, welcome Moneyman! Nice to see a new face! Thanks for checking out my completed journal! It was my first go at growing plants and I am glad I though the yield wasn’t superb.. I think for the light I used to flower and the mistakes I made, there’s nothing to complain about with the harvest haha. After soaking and dumping a bunch of old bagseed that didn’t pop I ended up with these. Of course 3 remaining after life took over for a bit and neglect set in.

I’m having a hard time to wrap my head around the auto wannabe myself haha. Though I’m not complaining as it’ll get me a small harvest sooner so I can stop buying again. I ran out of my last stash way too soon unfortunately. Right now it’s doing the best of the 3 plants with lots of new growth. Here’s a few snaps I took today after adjusting the training on the branches and adding a couple new ties to the tiny lower branches.
Auto wannabe:
1DECDE33-9D46-42AB-9A14-BA023DC844CE.jpeg

28BA3046-127E-44FD-BCC0-8955023BF9B3.jpeg

Others vegging:
Leggy (both long arms are 2’+ each)
6BF8F587-F983-40A5-81D6-C4520B5C8E9D.jpeg

Stout
156F8839-AFEB-4901-8006-9A3477D33845.jpeg

B4622B13-185F-4300-843A-8D0DF91AFFF0.jpeg

Anyway gonna take off for now. Just finished the training and thought I’d post a few quick pics of the progress. Still working on transplanting all of our veggie garden seeds from peat pucks to solo cups.
image.jpg

Have a good one everyone! :passitleft:

Hey everyone. No pics today. Just a quick update. Got my Vivosun carbon filter ordered along with a Cloudline T6 with temp and humidity controls built in. A ph meter, and a dozen 3 gallon fabric pots to have lots of spares for my autos. Pots are a reorder after sitting in pending status for 2 weeks on Amazon. Paid for a prime membership and cancelled and reordered. New eta is 2 weeks out... (I believe due to back order though it’s not clearly marked) or about the same date as before but should now come express shipping. 12th for fan,13th for filter and 20th I think for ph pen and pots. Also ordered 5 massive 30 gallon bags to use as potato bags haha. Amazon FTW when it comes to cheap pots as these cost double locally or anywhere else I’ve found them so far.

All I’ve got for today. Hope everyone is having a great day! NBT

Saweet!! Got some new toys coming!! Gotta love new toys!! :yahoo:
Yes!!! And haven’t had time until now but got these today finally!!
20B13512-A59A-4339-936D-A45AFF306490.jpeg

Was kinda disappointed there were no extra seeds but seems to make up for it got some swag in the form of 3 pins (also available on the website) which is cool. But not seeds haha. All good though. Still pumped they’re here.

Just waiting on pots and ph meter now before I pop them. Fan isn’t priority yet even though it’s on the way as I run 1 light on full in the tent with temps just fine. It’s only to run both I need the in-line fan. They’re going from seed to final resting place in 1 step as I don’t want to risk transplant shock. And only topping based of vigor. If I don’t think they’ll bounce back I won’t top. Will be doing LST only other then potentially topping. Might try to quadline one or more for shits and giggles after I research to see if possible or recommended for autos haha

Anyway heading off for the night. Happy growing!

NBT

Sweet!! You got your seeds!! :yahoo:
@780grow grew those lambs breath before. I’ve actually got some bud of his from his LB. it’s good stuff!

Yeah crop kings never give freebies for seeds. I have like three or four of those pins as well! I was stoked on them at first but then they just sit around lol the two you have on the far left, I don’t have. I’ve got the one on the right though.

@carcass trains autos all the time, he might be able to push you in the right direction on how to train autos!!:high-five::ciao:

Thanks for the tag, BL!
Might try to quadline one or more for shits and giggles after I research to see if possible or recommended for autos haha
It's not generally recommended, but it is definitely possible...you just have to start training real early, and continue it well into flowering (which always seems to start too early)
Give me a shout out if there's anything I can do to help...
Have a great day,NBT!

Back
Top Bottom