Pineapple Kush - Perpetual - 1000w

Hmm interesting Jim. I've heard that about many different crops. I grew up a farm boy sort of. My grandparents own farms, and I stayed there for a few summers and learned a bit here and there. I know they change genetics every few years for that reason. The strain becomes weak.

That's cool about grafting, got my mind racing at possibilities. Tubaco and cannabis cross, cannabis and strawberries. Cannaberries or strawnabis.
I've herd of grafting but not cross species. Google here I come lol

When talking potatoes and corn and most other crops, it makes total sense that the inbred SEEDS loose the vigor and performance of their parents. Inbreeding and sexual reproduction, even unisex reproduction is where's you expect to have the worst problems with loss of hybrid vigor. Clones are the fix for this problem.

Yet I won't argue with direct experience.

Any loss of plant performance with clones seems like something that might be traceable to plant stress. I know my girls have had, and do have challenges.

When talking potatoes and corn and most other crops, it makes total sense that the inbred SEEDS loose the vigor and performance of their parents. Inbreeding and sexual reproduction, even unisex reproduction is where's you expect to have the worst problems with loss of hybrid vigor. Clones are the fix for this problem.

Yet I won't argue with direct experience.

Any loss of plant performance with clones seems like something that might be traceable to plant stress. I know my girls have had, and do have challenges.

I agree about plant stress as it might be a large stress. I grow my tomatoes in a sort of Hempy drain and recycle system. It is funny that their complete life cycle is in water, something that in itself is an extreme stress on the plant. But unexpectedly makes plant growth faster than in soil. Strange.
You tell me if you think my plant is growing fast. The previous picture isn't more than 2 pages ago. Her seed popped June 8. I swear I see growth from when I get up in the morning to my bed time and the last look at her.

Here is a view with camera under the Mars II 700. It is bright.
above_jpg.JPG

This is a view from tent door
from_door_jpg.JPG

Here is an attempt at a side view.
sideview_jpg.JPG

I will try to take her out of the tent in a couple days for pictures

:geek:
WJ

Hey Peyton, Does she look 10" tall? I saw a couple flowers this morning. I hope they were flowers. I can't see well because of Glaucoma. Matter of fact that is what she is for.

I bought one of those NuWave single induction cooktops yesterday. I paid $144 for it. They had a hard sell on other things, free second one just pay shipping $29, Free frying pans and sauce pan for $29 shipping, free this and that for shipping only. I didn't buy anything extra, but I did upgrade to the pro model for 1/2 price of $14. I thought it was a good idea for what I am going to use it for. To make my paste. I'll keep you informed on how it works. Oh yea, I bought a giant pot suggested in the video for $50 about a month ago.

It's still cheaper than the epilepsy medicine I have to use. My first grow cost me about $500 for a little over an ounce. Next one should work out to be cheaper. Have you ever tried to figure out just how much a months worth of medicine costs to grow?

WJ

Yeah she looks about a foot tall. I haven't been on any prescribed medicines in a decade, so I couldn't begin to understand the cost. I know after this harvest it'll have paid for itself and then some. Especially compared to the prices of buying off the street

Damn Jim, look at those branches catch up. How close is your light? Seems to be optimal distance.
I've never seen bottom nodes catch up to the main stem like that before.

My BC big bud seeds in rockwool didn't grow at all today lol, or so it seems. Kinda made me depressed. Then I smoked a joint from my lasted shitty harvest, got even more depressed. Then one of my Buddy's dropped me off a bag of some shit he called death or deaf, I couldn't hear him so I'm going with deaf hahah.

Don't worry, bout a thing.

Cheers

flower room with 8 plants 3 weeks into budding. room is filled up without adding more plants.
IMG_8518.JPG
IMG_8519.JPG
IMG_85221.JPG

new mixture of nutes seems to be keeping the yellowing at bay so far! hopefully these plants are not too big for there 2 gallon pots.

5ml grow, 5ml micro, 10ml bloom, 2.5ml liquid koolbloom. and all of a sudden i find myself using ph adjusters alot less. with lucas i had to boost my ph from 5.8 after mixing to 6.5. now after mixing it sits around 6.2-6.4 ph witch is fine. no adjusting needed.

veg box is out of control. again.... why cant i just sacrifice a plant to give the rest more room lol its like i have to put down a dog or something. i just cant bring myself to do it.

i might get brave and try to flower all 3 mother plants in a 2 gallon dwc. lol ill have to add water daily, so that will help keep temps down in the solution. there in veg now and i have to add about a gallon every 3-4 days.

cheers i get crazy ideas all the time. i run with about 3% of them hahaha

Looking Good Brudda! :passitleft::cheer:

Well yesterday was watering day. I was late, didn't get to water till 3 hours after light on. And 3 plants were wilting they were so dry.
So I watered them all but I got thinking. I'm going to have to up this to 3 waterings a week. Summer is here and in the mornings I'm usually down at the dock , or not home for noon. Too paranoid to run my lights while I sleep. Makes me uneasy.

Can't decide how I should feed. Should I feed - water -water or 1/2 feed - 1/2 feed - water.

Gonna change from , Sunday and Thursday to Sunday, Wednesday and Friday, starting this sunday. Probably going to switch to 5 gallon containers for next grow. Then I can go back to watering 2 times a week.

I learned something today. Use a large, 3 gallon minimum, bucket for Hempy and Autos. I am using a 2 gallon and I am having to feed nearly every day. Next time I am using a 3 gallon, which looks like it takes more than twice the perlite that I have in the girl I have now. Today I noticed that some of the tip leaves look like they have a bit of nute burn. So this morning I flushed with a gallon of ph'd faucet water. I'll get back to the routine I have been using and I will lessen amounts of FloraNova Bloom. I have to remember that my small reservoir needs adding to every day.

:winkyface:
WJ

Hey Stumped, It isn't nute burn. There is no burn. The leaf tips are twisting and the color just looks lighter at the twist. Have you ever seen this? Could it be heat? Tent is 86 to 91 degrees during the day. Just in case I raised my light to it's highest position about 29" from plant top. Here is a picture from this morning. Any ideas would be so appreciated.

twisted_leaf_tips.jpg

WJ

Hey Stumped, It isn't nute burn. There is no burn. The leaf tips are twisting and the color just looks lighter at the twist. Have you ever seen this? Could it be heat? Tent is 86 to 91 degrees during the day. Just in case I raised my light to it's highest position about 29" from plant top. Here is a picture from this morning. Any ideas would be so appreciated.

twisted_leaf_tips.jpg

WJ
Yea it does look like heat caused it, but its not severe. Adding a fan to just blow across the plant and light will help too.

Have you tested runoff pH lately?

I tested yesterday and it was 6.4. Not bad as I started with 6.1. I want it to be between 5.8 and 6.2. I'll check it next time I water with ph adjusted H20. My faucet water is 7.1. When I add all the ingredients for the GH FloraNova simple drain to waste recipe I have to add ph-up to get it where I want it. When I was doing Lucas I had to add ph Down.

WJ

I tested yesterday and it was 6.4. Not bad as I started with 6.1. I want it to be between 5.8 and 6.2. I'll check it next time I water with ph adjusted H20. My faucet water is 7.1. When I add all the ingredients for the GH FloraNova simple drain to waste recipe I have to add ph-up to get it where I want it. When I was doing Lucas I had to add ph Down.

WJ

sounds like just a minor temperature issue. not really sure what to recommend at this point. just keep an eye on it. if it gets worse id recommend checking your root zone temperature somehow. also when your taking a temp reading where is your thermometer?
try getting a reading in the shade and in direct light. sometimes the shade areas are quite cooler then direct.
reason why i bring up root temperature is i had similar issues when i was trying dwc. i know this isnt dwc but same would apply to hydroponic style growing i would assume. keeping the root temps below 70f not sure if that applys for hempy or not though.

cheers

Hey Stumped,
Man your stuff looks good. Glad no trouble with drought scare. Are you doing the veg with cfl lights?

I moved my thermometer into shadow under the table my carbon filter sits on as you suggested. Temps shown as 9 degrees cooler and humidity 48. Digital thermometer must be right. Just hotter in direct light. Mercury thermometer in top tent corner is still high but I understand that, it's 20 years old and up in the heat. Also flushed and the reservoir, it must have been nearly dry. That plant could suck up near 40 ounces during the day. The shark tooth rolling of the fan leaves also straightened out. Not completely but it is hardly noticeable now. It must have been a sort of drought scare with mine too. Just filling the rez started making visual changes. I'm going to be more watchful from now on. After all, you can't over water a hempy. Or can you?

I am getting my next bucket ready. I will use a remote wired digital aquarium thermometer and have it in the rez under the net bag of perlite. Then I will have an idea of what the rez temps are. The rez in the new bucket is about a gallon. The drilled hole is still 2" from bottom of the bucket. Things are looking up and I am feeling much better.

Thanks for your suggestions. You're a Pal. Had others helping KingJohnC, LA and Spimp. For a newbie it sure is nice here to have so many stepping up to give help and calming messages to a knuckle head like myself. Thanks guys. :thanks::thanks::adore:
:thanks:

WJ

Back
Top Bottom