Pineapple POUND CAKE!!!

vegesbruen

I saw this recipe online a while back..and I just HAD to make it. Everyone LOVES PINAPPLE! But..it makes a large pound cake, I halved the recipe and it turned out great! It got 10 of my friends ripped beyond there wildest dreams! and..I still have some left over!(just when your done, be sure to freeze this! it takes about 1 min to defrost on the counter, and this way you can keep it for a month or more)

* 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained, divided
* 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
* 1 cup cannibutter (2 sticks)
* 2 cups granulated sugar
* 6 large eggs
* 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, the real stuff, come on people!
* 1/4 cup butter or margarine
* 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
(just a word of advice. I advise against using both cannibutter, and cannabis oil<in place of shortening>. If you do, your just going to pass out.)

PREPARATION:
put 3/4 cup undrained pineapple with its juice in a small bowl; set aside. Drain remaining pineapple and measure 1 cup; set aside.

Cream shortening, butter, and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. 1 large spoonful at a time, alternately with milk. Add vanilla; stir in 3/4 cup undrained pineapple with juice and blend well. Pour batter into a well greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Place in cold oven. Turn oven to 325° and bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until top springs back when touched lightly with finger. Let pineapple pound cake stand for few minutes in pan. Run knife around edges to loosen and remove pineapple cake carefully to a rack. Combine butter, confectioners' sugar, and about 1 cup drained pineapple. Pour pineapple sauce over cake while still hot.

It's GREAT! it will take about an hour, to an hour and a half to kick in. a 2 inch slice...f'ed me up. for over 10 hours!

Back
Top Bottom