Pink Kush Vs Cheese

Nice work on the screen !

I've had a lot of luck with rooting hormone jiffy pellets and a plastic dome. 100% success with 16 clones taken from my flowering lady they look pretty ugly when they re veg maybe that will grow out.

Kp
Cool, I used the rootech gel and just stuck them in some wet coco, misted them and put under the humidity dome too. Have a heating pad but not sure if it's needed.

Day off for me so here's a little update. Both girls doing fine.. The Pink Kush seems to be a heavier feeder, I'm up to very close to 600 ppm and she is finally starting to green up. Started a little mag pro on her also. The Cheese seems to be liking around 450 ppm.. Just waiting impatiently for the net to fill up some more basically then hopefully flip time in about 10 days. Got to get this grow moving along!

Oh ya my clones I took looked great for about 24 hours then went super droopy. The top growth looked to perk up again for a few days but in the end they were a fail. I think my coco was too wet.
Anyways I don't feel like messing around with that method again plus it's a pain prepping the coco and cups.. Looking into a dewey mister type setup, tempted to just buy the 14 place unit but I will probably only ever do a handful, so I may buy the mister/pump and make my own tote. If anyone reading has any experience with these I'd love to hear about it.

I just use tap water for the calcium.
Cool, my tap (well) water is around 90 ppm these days.. Do you have to ph for the cloner? And if so to what?.. I'll probably just buy the whole unit here at the end of the month, for the sake of a few bucks it will be ready to go instead of cobbling together something half assed.

I have some highbush blueberries I want to clone too, not sure if it would work for that, but I'd like to add a couple dozen to the 6 I have now.

I ph mine to 5.8, should work on any plant you want to clone.
Awesome thanks. I'll definitely give it a try, would be sweet if it works. Apparently I have some crazy idea I should be farming blueberries and need to get a test plot going.

A BB patch would be sweet.
Sure would. I've got 4 plants that are 4 years old and producing well, and 2 more just planted last spring. I've also got 10 spare acres soo we will see what happens in the future.

I do blueberries to they are very easy to clone every time you prune them poke the cuttings into damp potting mix and your away I think at the moment my tap water it's 6.0-6.5. It works really well with raspberries too (I have a lot of berry crops)

When ever I prune I notrmally have a bucket of water with me and drop the cuttings in as I go (1 inch of water not full).

As for planting them out it's much easier if you start them in individual pots and amend the soil with something like coffee grounds munched bark or saw dust to keep them fairly acidic.I mulch mine with saw dust as they can't compete with weeds and it helps maintain acidic soil.

Hopefully there is some useful info there for you.

Kp

I do blueberries to they are very easy to clone every time you prune them poke the cuttings into damp potting mix and your away I think at the moment my tap water it's 6.0-6.5. It works really well with raspberries too (I have a lot of berry crops)

When ever I prune I notrmally have a bucket of water with me and drop the cuttings in as I go (1 inch of water not full).

As for planting them out it's much easier if you start them in individual pots and amend the soil with something like coffee grounds munched bark or saw dust to keep them fairly acidic.I mulch mine with saw dust as they can't compete with weeds and it helps maintain acidic soil.

Hopefully there is some useful info there for you.

Kp
Thanks for the tips that's great! Ya we have raspberries too actually. I had dug up maybe a dozen canes from my parents patch and transplanted them, now they are taking over probably 50 sq feet in the corner of the garden and expanding rapidly.

Back
Top Bottom