Pink's New Grow Room: Perpetual Fun and Games

Here's some more pics! The grow is very fragrant. And although I have a wonderful exhaust system, the carbon scrubber is overwhelmed. You can't smell it in the house, but outside you can. I got a great whiff while letting the dogs out this morning.

So can the neighborhood. Glad I’m legal.
I began harvesting a few days ago. Started with the tops and any obviously ready branches. I ran out of room to hang them. So I stopped for a day or two. Here’s a few pics.

That is true. I’m hoping I have enough to be fallow until January.

I finally got it harvested. I haven’t weighed the trim; I have a lot of it.
Two pounds, right at. Mostly Peppermint Kush; the Bruce the Russian put out about 2/3 of what the Peppermint Kush did.
I’ve been pretty sick this week; I’m taking a drug for my diabetes that is kicking my butt. Nausea. AndI have surgery coming up on Thursday morning. Not actually doing all that well, LOL.

I’ll be in touch, so don’t worry. I will have my iPad with me.

The surgery went good. I’ll recover. I’m at home. I’ll be in touch more as I get better. Have a great one everyone

Oh boy, guys, this has been an experience.
I have found as I’m healing, that marijuana has helped tremendously. It can’t do the job of morphine, but it can alleviate the anxiety of anticipating pain, and that has helped so much.
Another thing I have to say is, this is taking awhile, getting over the spinal fusion. I’m better. But the back takes about six months to heal. I’m wearing a back brace.
I am planning to start the next grow as soon as I can.
In the meantime, getting two pounds out of the last tent gives me a little breathing room.

My back is healing well, and yesterday I was cleared to go back to exercise and real life. No more brace. And I’m a fraction of an inch taller!!! LOL
And now I want to discuss my future grows and where I plan to go from here:
In Missouri, recreational pot is on the ballot Nov. 8th. If it passes, nothing in my grow will really change, except for the costs. Instead of paying $100 annually for my license to grow plus $25 for a med license (and the charge for the medical appointment, which is usually $99, They will have a three-year license that costs $50, I believe. I don’t have all the info, but it will be better.
I plan to grow four large plants in the 5 X 5 tent. I’m choosing indica varieties that are high yield, now that I have found that those grow best in my environment. Sativas are too tall and resistant to LST methods, and the branches break easily. Indica plants tend to have a lot of undergrowth, so the main idea is to keep that at a minimum.
The method I have finally found to work best is to have two nets; one slung low over the plants, used to scrog the branches until all the growth is as wide across the canopy as possible (or your preference.) The second net is about a foot up, and is used to support the branches as they develop.
It is important to trim, trim, trim as the plants grow, to keep them in the canopy. I’ve had them get away from me in a hurry, and then there is so much cleanup. Trimming saves time and nerves.
As you know if you have read my journal, I’m a hydroponics grower. I use the ebb and flow method in a tray.
The medium I finally have found to be best for my purposes is fiberglass blocks. The plants are rooted in a large square block, then another rectangular block is placed underneath to contain the root mass. The amount of root mass you allow is directly proportional to how large the plant will get. For four plants, one rectangular block underneath is enough.
I feed four times a day, every six hours, for 45 minutes total. The food I use is GH flora series, with cal mag and some of the additives. I have found that less is more, and I’m learning how to use some of the more complicated ways of determining water viability. I haven’t had serious pest or gnat problems recently, mostly because I don‘t allow them to get started. I use organic methods of breaking the life cycle rather than pesticides.
The tent is automated, using analog timers. Our electricity and our Internet are too unreliable otherwise. I did try total automation with Alexa and it failed. So safe rather than sorry.
I’m going to wrap this journal up here, and will be opening up a new journal in the future with my new grow.

So great to hear that MO may get on the recreational bandwagon and lower the cost of keeping you legal! And that's an excellent sum-up of the growing methods you've developed. Well done!
My back is healing well, and yesterday I was cleared to go back to exercise and real life. No more brace. And I’m a fraction of an inch taller!!! LOL
:woohoo: on all Pink! And the rest of us are shrinking a lot more than that. :)
The amount of root mass you allow is directly proportional to how large the plant will get.
This grower never finished his journal, but look what he could do in 4" rockwool cubes. :eek:

So great to hear that MO may get on the recreational bandwagon and lower the cost of keeping you legal! And that's an excellent sum-up of the growing methods you've developed. Well done!

:woohoo: on all Pink! And the rest of us are shrinking a lot more than that. :)

This grower never finished his journal, but look what he could do in 4" rockwool cubes. :eek:
That is some feat! I'm afraid if I tried that, my plants would fail.

OK, this journal is finished. I need to start a new one to reflect my new growing methods.

Back
Top Bottom