Update Monday July 29
Yesterday was reservoir change and clean day. I changed the water in the big tent and cleaned the res and changed water in the small tent. Until the big tent starts to get more complicated, a water and nute change is necessary weekly, but cleaning the res and dismantling all of it only has to be done every two weeks. But you can't fudge on those two weeks. When in flower, it is every week to clean, disinfect and change water and nutes. I also attack all green algae with a vengeance (and bleach in a spray bottle) on the flood tray.
Also, yesterday I defoliated the small tent grow, now in full flower. I also staked the plant, since I have no net in there. It's kind of cool to see the two plants grow in this small tent. Kind of like a bonsai. It's nice to know a plant or two can be grown in there, but I prefer to use this tent for cloning and seedling vegging.
Everything looks good. Temps and PH and PPM and all that is optimum.

Here's some photos of the big tent. Notice the roots peeking out of the net pots.

Here's some photos of the small tent grow. I show before and after defoliation. The stakes are like large tongue depressors that I found at Wally World in the plant department. I think they are supposed to be for labeling garden grows, but they are wonderful as stakes. Some of the stakes had to be stabilized in a net pot with hydroton for weight.

Hey, @MochaBud, I'm watching your five-strain train! I need to branch out a bit, now that I have some (mostly) good growing experience. I make oil with my trim (sugary) and want to get a CBD strain to assess the difference. It's exciting. I love growing this stuff. Hope I never get caught. Would not look good in orange at my age (69 almost). LOL Of course, if I could accessorize, I can make any color work. LOL - Oh, and congrats on your new grandchild! I have one and only one, who turns 12 this October. He is the apple of my eye and not a bit spoiled. (ha)

Hey, @MochaBud, I'm watching your five-strain train! I need to branch out a bit, now that I have some (mostly) good growing experience. I make oil with my trim (sugary) and want to get a CBD strain to assess the difference. It's exciting. I love growing this stuff. Hope I never get caught. Would not look good in orange at my age (69 almost). LOL Of course, if I could accessorize, I can make any color work. LOL - Oh, and congrats on your new grandchild! I have one and only one, who turns 12 this October. He is the apple of my eye and not a bit spoiled. (ha)
Thanks Pink :hug: I'm trying to widen our variety over here :yummy: if all goes well we'll have 9 strains going in our perpetual garden :lot-o-toke: and I make oil with my trim and bottom fluff also :thumb: there's a link in my sig :volcano-smiley:
And I don't think you'll have to worry about getting caught :hmmmm: they're more worried about all the meth labs than us here in SWMO :snowboating:
And thank you she's my fourth :hug:and just as precious as the first :green_heart::green_heart: who is 10, and my only grandson :rofl: yep the other 3 are girls :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Are you in Missouri too? I forgot that. I wish we had a local support group, but that will take years. LOL.
I'm finally getting enough bud laid back - and enjoying the heck out of it. Now I can experiment!

Bad News
One of the plants in the small tent has died. Sunday I noticed that it looked like it was wilting. The other plant (the one I spritzed the silver on) is fine. Two days before, it seemed to be finishing too quickly (5 weeks). And today it is confirmed, the plant is dead.
After a discussion, my husband and I decided we wouldn't attempt to use any of this plant or the one that lived. I'm going to put it down the garbage disposer. On the bright side, now I can root the clones for my next grow. I'm losing the genetics on this plant, but I can get more seed.
I have no idea why it died. It looked great, up until the end. Here are some photos for comparison. I will post a last picture tomorrow, when I remove the plants from the tent.

@Weaselcracker @InTheShed @Pennywise and I'm drawing a blank on who else, but see above and let me know what you think might have happened. If you have time, that is. Thanks!

Did it go all crispy or just wilt and not come back?
It just started dying about five days ago, and today it looks worse. I’ll post pics later. It looked like it wasn’t getting water, so I’m thinking maybe stem rot.

Yeah. But the tent stayed in the low 70s. The other plant is fine. I don’t get it.

In! Always a good idea to post a link to your new journal in your old journal ;). Going back to read...
You could use the links in my sig.

Here are the pics. I also include the clones that I seated after cleaning and disinfecting the tent and the reservoir. The plant I sprayed never hermied, but it was stunted. The other one, the one that died, was beautiful.
I'm guessing here, but I'm going with the DWC unit not working for the huge plants I seem to produce. I think it is insufficient for their growth. But hey, maybe this just happens sometime. I think maybe it is like a miscarriage of sorts. I'm also thinking the colloidal silver was partially responsible, only don't ask me how. LOL

Meanwhile, in the large tent, we are preparing to go 12/12. The plants are all about the same size and height, and have filled out their portions of the canopy well. By Sunday the height of the shoots should be apparent above the canopy, and if so, I will flip. If not, I will wait. This picture is several days old. They are higher now, but I was so worried about the other tent, I forgot to take pictures today.

Back
Top Bottom