Pinktiger Grows Blue Kush Berry

There's a lot of amber now, I normally harvest when amber first shows on calyx. Remember amber begins on sugar leaves first so use the calyx as your standard. Amber means the THC is converting to CBG which gives a more sedative type high.

There's a lot of amber now, I normally harvest when amber first shows on calyx. Remember amber begins on sugar leaves first so use the calyx as your standard. Amber means the THC is converting to CBG which gives a more sedative type high.
I had to look up calyx and I'm still confused. Is amber showing on the calyx yet? Or is that just cloudy now? Thanks!! (note: my degrees are all in the humanities. I'm woefully unscientific.)

OK, I have to show you my "other" plants. I'm proud of the norfolk pine, which is five years old Christmas. Look how it has grown! And the cactus I've had for 6 years.

OK- if I can recover from my stomach flu (I had a relapse last night) I may do it next week.

Apparently CBD production increases as it ages. So, as this plant is a high CBD medium THC plant I can let it develop further and maybe the plants will plump up. I will wait until day 50 at least before harvest.

Amber means the THC is converting to CBG
Apparently CBD production increases as it ages. So, as this plant is a high CBD medium THC plant I can let it develop further and maybe the plants will plump up. I will wait until day 50 at least before harvest.
It degrades into CBN and will give you a much more couch lock high. If that's what your after then wait until you get more amber.
If I may jump in to clarify something for future readers?

THCa degrades on the plant into CBNa. Amber is the sign that is happening. CBNa is converted to CBN during decarb (smoking, vaping, heating in the oven) and is responsible for couch lock. Folks with insomnia will often let the entire plant go amber before harvesting to maximize that effect.

CBD content of the plant is strictly determined by genetics (and how well it is grown), though if you have a high CBD plant, I have always read it is best to harvest earlier rather than later.

I'm confused now. LOL. I usually wait until I have 40 percent amber at least before harvesting. I use it for insomnia and for calming down. I suffer from PTSD, IBD, Diabetes, Arthritis, degenerative discs in my spine, and I've had two back surgeries in the past year and will probably end up with a third. So I think a bit of amber is OK. I don't see a lot of amber now that I'm getting good at the microscope.
Here are some photos of it today - I'm learning how to use the microscope, which is new - these are of the calyx part of the plant. (I was going to say calyxes, but I'm not sure that is a word).

Thanks guys. Some times I feel a little out of sorts.
Oh, me too! LOL. I kicked the husband and stepdaughter out of the house today (his day off) and sent them shopping. We were hit by lightning yesterday and it fried our TV. Well, one of our four TVs. I can't believe we have so many TVs. Only one is not watched much. And for groceries. I'm still under the weather a bit from what I had.
Nice day for recharging!

Hope you get over the bug soon! It's Labor Day Weekend :).

If you are using it for insomnia then amber is what you're looking for. I was just mentioning that high CBD strains (which aren't usually used for insomnia as CBD is an "alerting" cannabinoid) tend to be harvested early.

The calyxes (yes!) are the tight buds that live close to the stem and the sugar leaves are the leaves with trichomes that stick out between them (what most folks save as "trim"). The leaves will amber first and it's the calyxes that hold the bulk of the trichomes which is why we use them to judge when to harvest.

I hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom