Pinktiger Grows Blue Kush Berry

Pinktiger777

Hi everyone - I'm at it again.
I started the seeds when I got home from vacation, and now they are up and growing well.
The strain is blue kush berry by Paradise Seeds
I'm growing two plants

Today, June 11:

Medical uses
Stress, pain relief and appetite stimulus
Genetics
Kush crossed with Shiskaberry
Indica/Sativa
Mostly indica
THC
Unknown but high
CBD
Unknown
Flowering time
Indoor: 55-60 days
Yield
High

My grow setup:

I grow indoors in a Gorilla tent under the stairs in the basement.
My equipment:
  • Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT22 Tent, 2' x 2.5' x 5'7"
  • 2 of these: 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower
  • Viagrow Complete 2 ft. x 2 Ft. Ebb & Flow Hydroponics System
  • VIVOSUN 440 CFM 6" Inline Duct Fan with 6" Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal
  • General Hydroponics nutrients

I also use Cal Mag, beneficial bacteria (Hydroguard) and SM 90 for keeping the water clear.

This attempt is my third at growing from seed. I plan to reveg the plants after harvest, as I have done before.
This time I used my net pots with hydroton, and started the seed in small rock wool squares.
The plants are squat, which is interesting; they haven't started to stretch yet. I assume they will finish in September, as I plan to veg them until the end of July.

Had a weird issue with these seeds germinating. I started them in a damp paper towel in a plastic bag and they sprouted, but when I transplanted them to the rock wool, they died. So I got two more seeds and put them in the rock wool cubes, shielded them from light until they sprouted, and that is what is shown here. I have no idea why the first ones died, but next time I will do it this way.

OK, just realized the labels are wrong on the bottom two. The right one is the left one, and vice versa. LOL my little left/right disorder strikes again!

Today I upped nutes to 2/3 of a full dose, using GH. The PH is staying constant at 5.8, which is worrying me a little. Last grow I had trouble keeping the PH below 7, but maybe that is because I had the tray full of hydroton, adding minerals to the water after every cycle. But anyway, the water is clear and everything is working well.
Every grow is a challenge, and you learn something new by making mistakes and learning the hard way. Or, at least, I do.
Today I also topped each plant by pinching off the new node in the middle of the top leaves. I plan to do this again to all the top nodes until I'm happy with the branching.
Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the flavor of my latest harvest, also a kush variety, Mazari Grape.

I was worried, at first, because the growth seemed slow. Now I'm amazed by the swiftness of this grow.
The scrog screen here is one I bought online. I like it ok, but it has a bottom ring that I didn't attach because it wouldn't fit outside the footprint of the pots. I may use bungee cords to hold the screen up. Any ideas?

Today I noticed that the plants have a distinct fragrance. You know, the smell we love.

A few days ago I administered my second and final topping off of the shoots. Now the growth has increased, and in a few days it should begin to reach the screen.
This plant variety is so different from the last one I grew. It is shorter and bushier. I'm hoping that will make it easier to reveg.

Today the plants are close to the screen, about three cm away. See pics. I should have mentioned this a long time ago, I now realize, but I use photoperiod feminized seeds. I have had the light cycle on these at 6 hours of dark and 18 of light. Today I started reducing the light by two hours. Now they will be at 8 hours of dark and 16 of light, starting now. I'm trying something I read about hereabouts, with reducing the light gradually before going 12/12. We will measure the results and report.
Also, a comment about this strain, blue kush berry. These plants are small and compact. Perfect for growing indoors! I wish I had found them sooner, because I like to reveg my plants (I'm lazy. Also, i like to harvest every 90 days to keep my smoking habit fed. I use at least an ounce a month.) My last reveg (see my finished journal) didn't give me much smokeable weed, only about three and a half ounces. The rest was all used to make RSO. I have a ton of that. And I'm vaping it. But I like the high you get from weed and a bong.
This is also a very fragrant plant. Already smells wonderful. I'm as bad as a cat with catnip- l would love to roll in the stuff.

The temp in my tent is staying at 79 degrees during the light time, 73 degrees in the night time. It is hot here where I live right now, with highs in the 90s. Even tho my grow is under the stairs in the basement of the house, the house temp affects the plants. The house is kept right at 70 degrees, and in the basement it is definitely cool, 69 degrees top.
I would love to hear from some of you about light, temp, etc. Please feel free to comment. I don't know exactly why the temp doesn't go lower when the lights are out. But at least I don't have serious temp problems. Hope I don't.

I also upped the nutes to full strength this week, according to the label on the gh nutes.
I'm having a low ph problem, first time for this.
Today I had to add PH up, as the water was measuring at 5.1. I also topped off the tank with fresh water, but it isn't using much yet, only about 1/2 gallon every day or two.

Hey there! I’ll hang around if you don’t mind :). That temperature is just fine! Nothing wrong at all with 79. It looks like you’re doing a great job. The plants looks happy and that’s what counts! Your set up sounds sweet. You’ve got it right in the happy zone. As far as the PH. I find the GH nutrients can bring it down a little after adding them. I wouldn’t be too worried, 5.8-6.2 is happy place. Keep it green and good job! I’ll be around!

Oh, I'm so glad. I was beginning to think nobody read my journal. LOL.
I'll check out yours now.

Oh, I'm so glad. I was beginning to think nobody read my journal. LOL.
I'll check out yours now.
It can seem like that sometimes, specially at the beginning. People will pop in eventually! :) Also, I know you mentioned you found the scrog online can you give me a name to google? Thats pretty much what I want to have on each of my buckets. I havent been able to find something like that though.

Here's a link: Scrog Kit 19''x25''

Unless you buy $150 or more, the shipping is high. But I really like the screen, even with the high shipping.

Today, July 11: I upped the nutes (all GH) to full strength today, after getting the PH stable at 6.2. I also added a new one, GH Armor Si, at full strength. Which is truly, not full, but half strength. I used half of what it said to use for full strength, if that makes sense.
I also purchased GH Koolbloom and will use it when we go to flower in a few weeks. Actually, I'm planning to go to flower on August 1. Or so. These plants are growing too slowly!!!
LOL.
Actually, I haven't raised from seed in awhile, having done all those reveggings, so I'm out of practice on the waiting. Meanwhile, the plants are growing well after being topped twice, and there isn't much stretch, so that means my lights are right, correct?

Back
Top Bottom