Pinktiger's Next Adventure: Can She Double Her Yield With Two Tents?

Ok @InTheShed heres the question. I want to use a double boiler like always. It’s safe. But In order to do the decarb it has to get hotter. Right?

Yes. Alcohol cooks off at 173º F, well under the decarb temps, and Grandpa evaps below 140 to preserve the terpenes, so don't boil the water in the bottom of the double boiler.

It's always best not to try and rush anything or do two things at once. I decarb at 240º for 1 hour 20 minutes but that's with buds. I'm sure you could do 240º for 60 minutes with shatter.

Lol. I’m on Motrin plus herb at the moment. No pain . Not very with it though. Cheap date.

@InTheShed , you were right about the chipmunk! The pain has been really bad, because three of the extractions were surgical. Thank goodness I had the RSO. I used it topically and it numbed the gums enough to make it bearable, along with the Advil.
Update on my grow - The plants in the flowering tent are in day 8 of flower right now, and have stretched about four inches. I defoliated under the canopy last week. I've started transition nutrients, according to the GH schedule. I use the nutes at the strength listed on their schedule and never had an over-feeding issue that I know of. Of course, I also change the water often and clean the entire unit except for the top tray with bleach every two weeks. I never let the PPM get over the suggested range.
Earlier grows, I've been through the fungus gnats and temp problems and I think I have it figured out mostly. In the winter, I have to heat the res with an aquarium heater - works great. The tent air is low, at 68 degrees just about all the time. But the plants seem to love the warmer water more than they care about colder air.
All the plants are fluffed out and at peak to begin adding buds. I've never had such an even canopy before, and I attribute this to two things:
  1. Only having four plants, one for each corner to prevent crowding; and
  2. Defoliating severely after four weeks of veg, to reduce height and encourage growing laterally instead of horizontally.
I plan to wait until day 21 of flower before removing extraneous fan leaves and lollipopping the branches.
In the clone tent, my two Mazari Grape seeds now have roots and are growing. One is behind the other, even though they were planted the same day. I think the smaller one had more problems getting rid of the seed pod and that made it smaller. But I'm really happy that I only planted two seeds and both are now plants. That is a first for me. I'm showing patience. LOL!!!
Here's photos:

Canopy looks great as does the undercarriage!
I attribute this to three things:
  1. Only having four plants, one for each corner to prevent crowding;
  2. Defoliating severely after four weeks of veg, to reduce height and encourage growing laterally instead of horizontally;
  3. The advice of the growers on this site.
FTFY
I plan to wait until day 21 of flower before removing extraneous fan leaves and lollipopping the branches.
21 days is an average for stretch, not a drop-dead date! Measure your plants and they'll tell you when they're done.

Canopy looks great as does the undercarriage!

FTFY

21 days is an average for stretch, not a drop-dead date! Measure your plants and they'll tell you when they're done.
Hey @InTheShed, I have questions. If you have a sec. should I defoliate some now, or wait until some buds are apparent? Also, what is FTFY mean?lol

I hyperlinked it for you in case you're not familiar with the acronym:
Fixed That For You

If it's done stretching then this would be the traditional time to do the last defoliation. The type you do is up to you, but when I'm done I still don't want any light getting down to the pots. I will also take a bit more off once I see where the buds are actually forming in case I missed any lower ones after stretch.

Once buds start forming, stretch should be over. I’m excited. Have great hopes for this grow.

Update on my grow:
Sunday I cleaned both tents out, changed water and bleached the reservoirs, and added new nutrients. I'm having some PH issues. I bought a new PH meter because my old one wouldn't calibrate anymore. I use cheap ones, so no big deal. But now I've noticed wild fluctuations - for example, I'll get the pH right, at 5.8 or so, and then the next day it has jumped up to 6.4. Irritating. But in the meantime, all is doing well.
In the cloning and vegging tent, one of my seedlings grew top heavy and I had to splint it. I used a portion of a small zip tie that I trimmed off to fit, and attached it with a twist tie that is not tight, just snug. This plant is trying to get out of the tent!
I fimmed it early, at the fourth set of leaves, and it went nuts. So I had to remove fan leaves to allow the weight to restabilize itself with the splint. You can see it, first the before and then the after.

The clones are doing great - one is branching like crazy and I actually had to top it. The largest one shown is that one. Another is a more recent cut, that still needs to develop roots, but it is taking well to the treatment. That is the smaller one. I also have some extras hanging around (the small bunch), but I will be discarding those when my roots show on the second clone. I only want four plants. Which is probably too many. LOL. But I only have one flowering tent.
I wish I had two flowering tents, plus the clone tent and another tent for mothers. Sigh. No space. I'm lucky to be able to have the clone tent at all. My family is still not all that happy about my growing this. But they help me do it. I guess I'm an enabler. (And if we get caught, that is what I will be told.) But my state has legalized medical cannabis, and removed criminal penalties. I still don't trust the law. I plan to remain stealth until they reduce the growing restrictions and go recreational. It is so stupid that we live in a country with such divergent laws on cannabis, plus such stupid law enforcement behavior.
I'm referring to a story from Bolivar, Mo., where a stage 4 pancreatic patient in a hospital had his room searched by cops who had gotten a tip from a hospital employee that the patient was using cannabis. The patient was taking capsules of RSO. No green. The cops never found any weed and I don't know if they found the capsules, but I am guessing not. Cancer patient's hospital room searched.
With everything that is going on right now in the world and our nation, this is just another sensational story that proves we need federal prohibition of cannabis repealed. Or whatever they would do to make it legal.
As easy as it grows, I don't see how they can really regulate it. Don't we have more important things to worry about? LOL my rant is over.

In the large tent, things are really hopping. Today they even look more frosty, but these are yesterday's pics.
Stretch has brought these plants within a hair of the lights. I don't like that. But I'm unsure how to fix it. I've been lst-ing and bending, but they keep reaching to the sky.
Ideas?

Try pinching them to slow them down.
OK - But where do I pinch? The top bud? What about removing a bunch of fan leaves? (to slow it down).

Back
Top Bottom