Pinktiger's Next Adventure: Can She Double Her Yield With Two Tents?

Great haircut on the clones. With that root system it's not going to take long for them to explode in the bigger tent!

Having grown these before you will probably be very close to the same harvest window.

Things not heard from Jonas Salk...
Definitely not Jonas Salk here, lol.

Trichome Reveal and Update

I wish I were a better photographer. I find it difficult to get good pictures with my microscope, because my hand shakes. I've tried using a tripod, but it wasn't right for the setup. But anyway, after lots of pics and a lot of discards, here are the best of the micro photos. Oh, and the first shot is the canopy, taken with my Luddite-proof digital camera. All of the photos have been run through color correction on Photoshop. (IMAGE, ADJUSTMENTS, COLOR BALANCE: choose a number. I use 50 on digital photos of the flowering tent. Place a negative number first, then a positive, then the negative again, in the three places that pop up.) The color balance does not create color where there is none. I am simply removing the blurple by cancelling it out.

Most of the trichomes are still clear. Interestingly, you can see, in the 1000X photos, where the amber is beginning to form, even before the trichomes become cloudy. I didn't have much in the way of cloudy yet. But that is good. These are at least two weeks out and maybe three.

Plenty of time left, and if you can get white light pics (with a desk lamp or something) at lights on or off, it's a lot easier to tell what's going on.
What do you think of the timing on this harvest? I'd like to get it to July 15 if possible.
As for white light, I could turn off the lights and just use the microscope light, but I have trouble finding myself when I turn off the lights, LOL. It's right on the actual color of stuff, though.

I have trouble finding myself when I turn off the lights
If you're like the rest of us, you're exactly where you were before you turned them off! :)

You can turn on your phone flashlight and set it down next to you to provide general light to see, and use the microscope light for the pics.

July 15th might be a stretch, but they should ripen around the same number of days as the mother did.

Ok, is this normal? I can smell weed growing when I walk in the house.. How could my charcoal filter be dying already? I just changed it for this grow.

I think all is OK for now. I forgot that yesterday I burned all my Ganga trash in the fireplace. I’m an idiot- but I’m cute,as they say...

This grow is the stickiest I’ve ever grown. I put my arm in the canopy to take a look at flowers in the back. My arm was covered in resin when I pulled it back. Wow.

Scrape it off and smoke it! Leave no cannabinoid behind.
Thank goodness I'm not that desperate. LOL. However, I have been.
OK, @InTheShed , I have a question. And anyone else please -
My grow is now in the 7th week of flower beginning Monday. The trichomes are rapidly becoming cloudy and I can see amber. The last grow finished in 9 weeks (almost. actually 8 1/2 weeks) but I only had 600 watt equiv. on the lights. Now I have 900 watt equiv. So, is it even possible that the grow could finish earlier? They sure look almost done. Several colas are still sprouting white hairs, though. If I go the full 8 or 9 weeks like I did before, will they be OK? Suggestions???
Thanks.

Oh, and the grow tent is going through a gallon a day, 10 percent of the res water. The respiration rate and water uptake usually slows way down when they are ripe and have stopped growing new buds. That hasn't happened yet.

You can turn on your phone flashlight and set it down next to you to provide general light to see, and use the microscope light for the pics
If I do this, will it mess up my light schedule? Or should I do this before they go to sleep?

At lights on or off. And I don't know own if more light makes a difference in timing (there's no evolutionary reason it should) so I would just keep an eye on the trichomes.

Ignore new white pistils as plants may do that right up to chop day if they're foxtailing.
Ok, I will ignore. Lol. I’m still unsure about when to chop. This grow is way ahead of the last grow.

If you liked the last harvest of this strain, then when the pistils are the same color would be my thought.
That’s what I’m thinking. They are going to be ready to chop this week, so I’ll do it on Thursday. Thanks!

Final Update before Chop

Today I took an inventory of the flowering tent's trichomes with my loupe.
I have cloudy, I have amber, just starting though and not overripe. Both plant types are ready at the same time, which is weird. The WW X BB took 8 weeks last time to finish. But I added one light, upping the light by one-third to 900 LED watt equiv. The buds are chunky and covered in resin - lots of popcorn down on the branches, light penetration excellent down below canopy. This grow has really been easy. The temperature has stayed right at 72 degrees and the humidity has ranged from high 50's to low 70's. My only problem is the carbon filter. Yes, I thought it was my fireplace, but no. I can smell weed very strongly when I walk into the front door. The grow is downstairs under the stairs in the basement. I have negative pressure in the tent and no leaks. So I bought a new filter, and we will see if this one lasts as advertised. In the meantime, I'm having a word with the maker of the bad one.

Chop day is July 4. Yes, I have no life. LOL. (not really - but we are having a family shindig this weekend instead).

The cloning tent is happening along, not causing any trouble. I'm quite pleased with the new shoots that appeared after the major pruning I did last week. I'm glad these are going in the big tent on Thursday. Today I LST'd the branches.
Now, to announce a minor change: I'm putting the three Mazari Grapes in the big tent, and I'm creating seeds in the small tent. I've never done this before, so I'm beginning with the two small WWXBB plants. The MG's are too big anyway. I'll spray the dickens out of one of the plants with colloidal silver (I'm going to remove the other one while spraying). Neither of these plants will be used for anything other than making pollen and seeds. If it works, and I get seeds, then I'll know what to do or not do next time. I'll create a new journal for this experiment, to keep things calm. I'm not sure, but I think the plants will be poison, and I'm not going to even say the non-sprayed one will be ok. I would love any input anyone has on this. Please. I can take criticism and I actually invite it.

OK - Now for the pics:

Back
Top Bottom