Pinktiger's Third Reveg - Come Along For The Ride!

I also should mention that I use a co2 bag in the tent and am using Great White root treatment in the tank now, after the flush and renutrientization.

March 11 update: Trimming back the little shoots on my grow was a good idea. Three days later, the branches are filling out instead of growing taller, and bud development has accelerated. The temperature is 66 degrees Fahrenheit, the humidity at 37 percent. The plant is using less water, also. I added a gallon this morning (10 gallon tank), first add in four days.

Here's a shot of the plant pointing up:

I see so much more light penetrating the canopy now.
Anyone have advice about light, etc.?

Also, I have a bunch of gnats in the tent. Probably they came in for water. They don't seem to be causing any problems, and they aren't eating the plant. Maybe they have a good function? My stepdaughter keeps warning me that soon I will have to be fighting tigers, boa constrictors and other beasts in my "jungle." (She's way over 21, don't worry.)

Every time I trim this plant back, I feel guilty because I don't have anyone to share clones with. That is one of the problems about growing your own in a state where it is illegal. This forum is the one place I can share what I'm doing, so I'm grateful. I also need the community here to make me a better grower.
One problem I have is stretch, and the only way to stop that is to get the lights lowered. Right? But in this tent, which is only about 6 feet tall, there is no room once the tank is installed and the tray, so I leave the lights where they hang. Also, I'm concerned about burning the plants, as I did that a bit on my first grow. Maybe I have the wrong setup or tent, but I'm growing in the only space I have, which is under the stairs. And to get that space, I had to promise not to get us arrested. LOL.

Good afternoon, friends. Here's an update on my grow. Two days ago I found that my water hose had come off the pump in the reservoir, and my plants were not getting fed. The plants seemed OK, if just a little in suspended animation (no real growth, other than bud development, which was slight.) So, I reattached the hose and checked all the time settings, and today I'm seeing lots of bud development. It is so easy for something to go wrong - especially as the tent is its own ecosystem. Also, today I added gnat killer to my tank, to get rid of the larvae in the roots. I don't have a bad infestation, but I have a definite gnat issue. I used Gnatrol, purchased online. It is a powder that you mix in water; I made a solution of three tablespoons Gnatrol to add to my 10-gallon tank. Here are some pictures I took today of bud development. We are at four weeks of flower.

The plant has recovered nicely from the trimming I did a few days ago, and now has copious new growth around the base of the branches.

Examination of the new growth makes me think I should consider revegging for a fourth time. This grow will probably net me at least six ounces of dried herb. That is what I am hoping for, but if I get more, I won't be surprised. I get better at this as we go along, as we all do. This Mazari Grape by Medicann Seeds is a very heathy plant. I am reluctant to let it die, although I am also wanting to try some different strains. I have seeds waiting to be germinated: White Widow X Big Bud, Sour Diesel, and Blue Kushberry, all feminized. Times like these I wish I had another tent so I can experiment, but I have to be careful not to go overboard. I can only use so much of this myself, and don't want to end up with too much herb just sitting there, waiting. As it is, I have enough seeds and herb to take care of my needs for years!
Truth be told, I enjoy growing it. I'm constantly amazed at how this little tent and its micro-ecosystem is able to generate this result. I know I could not have done it without help from all of you, who are still teaching me what I don't know. And I appreciate the comments, both pro and con, regarding my setup, etc.
Today I'm feeling confident that by April 1, or thereabouts, we will be planning to harvest. It's hard to believe it can be harvested by then. It seems impossible, and yet it was this way last time - 90 days from veg to bloom to harvest.

The bud development continues. In two days, the buds have filled out to form large colas that will continue to grow in the next few days. The tent temperature is from 61 to 65 degrees, the humidity in the 40-47 percent range. PH of water is 6.2.
Here's a picture of the bud development today:
and here's an example of how the colas are forming:

Getting a good picture is tricky. I wish I had a good macro lens on my digital camera. I would like to show the trichome development, which is substantial.

OK, so here we are on Thursday, March 22, and my grow is going well. I don't have new pictures, because they wouldn't look that different to you today. I topped the reservoir off with two gallons of water (didn't add any yesterday), and added a dose of Cal Mag (4 tablespoons). I still see gnats flying; can't tell if the number is smaller or the same. May have to dose it again with larvae killer (gnatrol) in a day or two.

It won't be long now, before harvest. Harvest day will depend on the condition of the colas, as looked at under the microscope. Today, after lollypopping, I can readily see that the colas are getting fatter and more filled out; the trichomes are clear mostly, with a few cloudy ones. No amber yet. So we have time to get fat! Usually I harvest when the amber trichomes are as numerous as the cloudy ones. I am adding nutrients daily at the point, keeping it at what I consider optimum, 1600 ppm. I added more gnatrol and Great White (to control gnats and etc.). Water is at 6.2 ph, 64-74 degrees F., 54 percent humidity.

Harvest time is supposed to be April 1, which is seven days. It's not ready yet and I can't see how it will be ready on April 1. We will have to wait and see. The last harvest was similar, in that it was ready on Jan. 1 whether I wanted to harvest then or not; It was extremely cold outside where my drying rack had to go. I put it all out to dry when the temp was in the teens. It was scary; I didn't want to destroy my grow by freezing it, but after five days of that and same temps outside, I brought it in, hung the rack in a back closet and let it dry there for a few days. The result was really good, even though some people say freeze drying is not a good idea. I had no choice. This harvest will also be put outside, but we are in the 60's and 70's now, so no worries. Except to hide the smell from the neighbors, which I do by using a fan blowing air in the other direction from the neighbors.

Good afternoon; here's an update on the grow. Overnight the plant is looking mature. The colas are fattening up more every day, but the trichomes are still clear; very few, if any, amber. So, we will see how it goes. The accelerated pace of this plant, over three different reveggings (is that a word?) should have prepared me, but I'm still skeptical. Six days to harvest? I dunno. Look at the pics:

Update: Today the plant is looking very good, overall, except for a few places where light burn is happening because my plant is too tall for the tent.
Today I saw amber trichomes on nearly all the buds, although the predominant color is still clear and partly cloudy; I'm looking at chopping it next week if it is ready. I'll just keep checking.
I'm going to destroy the plant after it finishes, because it is time. The plant is too big for that tent now.
And I'm going to be going on vacation and don't want to have to worry about it while I'm gone. So I'm cleaning it all up, to get ready for the next grow when I return. This way I can dry the buds in the tent until ready to go in the jar.

I would be grateful for advice about how long to let this ripen??

Today I harvested a little more than half of the plant. The trichomes on the harvested colas were approaching 45 percent amber, mostly cloudy, with a few clear here and there. I decided to go ahead and begin the harvest rather than wait until Sunday (as planned) because I want CBD in my buds, and like a psychedelic effect. Plus, taking out the big colas give the rest of the plant more light and will help the immature buds below the colas to ripen.

My drying setup is simple; I do it out on my screened balcony, which overlooks my garden in back, and is away from the neighbors. To make it more secure, I hang the drying rack in front of a fan set on low, that pushes air away from the neighbors and out over my garden area. No one can see it or smell it, and the buds dry fairly quickly this way. I harvested 20 colas and have sixteen still in the tent, plus lots of buds below.
Here's the drying setup:

Back
Top Bottom