Pioneering indoor Cannabis growing in my country with Land Races & Bag Seeds: sigh

HotHeadBurner

420 Member
Hello 4.20ians. This might be mighty tricky. (Grow equipment attached to know the scale of the task)

20200104_112405.jpg

(More pictures at the bottom, plus I played at topping one)

This will be first grow, for health reasons obviously ... cos the crap I get sold to smoke in my country is straight butt-hole and is bad for my health. Typically in my country we get sold about a 2 grams of weed for about 50 Cents, might seem cheap but 80% of the "block or bag" is filled with seeds, stems, sticks and leaves barely any bud is in the mix. Another variety is sold for about 2USD for 8grams, the buds are distinct, very small and filled with seeds also dry as microwaved ash. Both get you high for a minute.

A year ago I go a hit from a joint of a friendly and my life changed for good. The puff had taste, got my tongue ice cold and squeezed my throat shut. The aroma was heaven fam. Bliss. He introduced me to his dealer who sold 1 gram of "Loud" for about 14 USD, yup, you read that right 14 big ones for a single gram, 1.2 grams on a happy day. Yo, I live in a 3rd world country aint no way I can afford $14 at my sticks/day rate. So I mix the "Loud" with the cheap bud. Still hits good.

2 Month ago. By now I know Loud is just the name given to weed imported from Canada and South Africa mostly via Ghana. Smoke White Widow, Purple Haze, Lemon something and Pineapple something. I saw a seed in my last "Loud" batch (Lemon something) and placed it in soil and watered it for a few days. Nothing happened, a week later I saw a sprout and went bunkers, I kept drowning it in water till I smothered it to death. I had been dreaming of smoking my own plant, its leaves dropped and started turning yellow it died soon after. Tragic.

Been geeking out on Cannabis growing for about a month now, been through about 15 plants (no shortage of bag seeds). I have finally gotten a plant to first week of Veg but it looks like it would be dead in days (turning lime, lower leaves gone yellow). It has the best root growth of my samples (I always check dead plants, I feel like the roots tell a better story), it has got roots shooting out of it's base and i frequently have to cover the base. Last time I checked for dryness (before watering) I saw roots near the top of the red cup (time to transplant).

My grow setup is 3rd world poor.
- 18w Ctorch LED bulb + 18w CFL EnergySaving Bulb - 6500k and 10000k
- Only potting soil I could get from the mall was something called "Soil Master pure bark" - Read bark is bad for MJ grow but hey mixed it with some soil from a pot laying around my new house.
- Super grow magic liquid fertilizer.

2016-New-Product-Good-Chip-LED-Bulb-5W-Pillar-LED-Bulb.jpgsuper-gro-5litres.jpgsilo-MIN_267692_EAA_large.jpg
(Links to page with detailed information of products)

Piss poor I know, nobody grows plant at home in my country, so our malls are not stocked with Hydroponic grow supplies at all. Bat Guano, Fox Farm soils and Nutes are fantasy items for us here, worm casting is absent as well, loads of Urea (eww), still searching for compost. Most folks on this side just plant bag seeds in dirt and get lucky, they dont even know the difference between Female and male plants, they just smoke the leaves and pollen sacs (gross to some, gross to me, cool for some I suppose, gross to me). I also cant get Autoflowering seeds or any seeds from abroad. Sucks for me but I have loads of Land Race and Bag seeds so I plant those and experiment.

Again I said this will be tricky, thus why I joined this forum so the best heads can solve this grow puzzle.

20200104_112343.jpg20200104_112405.jpgBaby going gold20200104_112608.jpg20200104_112712.jpg20200104_112800.jpg
20200104_112829.jpg

Welcome to 420 my continental brother. You have been trying in vain it appears. Your big problem is FOOD . light needs to be good enough to help the leaves convert their green into energy/food , as your using a potting compost and basic soil along with a light that will not be strong enough to do the job. Also the issue with bagseed and how you describe it being full of seeds. There isba very high chance they are going to be homeathradites/hermies and only produce another copy of itself. Thisnisnwhybthe local stock is bad . You have to have the basic elements for indoor growing and the bark soil will be way too Nitrogen heavy for your seedlings. you get the beginning of growing then they desperately need feed when they get bigger but the light will struggle to convert the leaves chlorophyll. There is also the issue of what the water your using contains. The PH is I.portant to know so your not poisoning them with acidic or alkaline water . I know this all sounds very negative but I hear your desperate need and hate seeing you chase an impossible route. You either need to feed the soil for life by using food scraps and peels ect...( no meat, onion) and try to get an active food web going in a patch that will feed all the nutrients naturally or add nutes artificially from retail . Depending what your seasons light cycle is now , you could use the outside sun to provide the light on pots of soil too if the ground gets too dry ect..
Your light could be a good germination/cuttings light and area though as youb get a good germ rate on your seeds.
You do need decent seeds too. going with bagseed is always a huge risk for all the growing time/money ect to be wasted.
Wish I could have been more help but this is my opinion and hate seeing you waste time/money . There may be options from other sources here so dont givebup just keep faith a solution could arrive.

Hi and welcome to the community. Looks like this one is going to be fun.

You should start a journal so we can help out on a regular basis.

Welcome @HotHeadBurner everyone starts somewhere! I dunno about that medium, I grow in regular old soil. They look plenty big to start stretching out their root balls, I'd say you could repot those in some potting soil and just don't overfeed them and you'll be golden. Cheers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

Thanks for the love budders. Just went out for a quickie and got me 2 litres of perlites, I found the perlites and a block of "Coco" (Been told to soak in water for a bit.) in a weird looking factory. I fear the perlites may be too small (radius)
20200104_174601.jpg20200104_174559.jpg
But this is such a huge win for me. Also found some organic compost, I was sent the lab results for composition.
Capturedd.PNG
Hopefully this helps make my soil better.

Welcome to 420 my continental brother. You have been trying in vain it appears. Your big problem is FOOD . light needs to be good enough to help the leaves convert their green into energy/food , as your using a potting compost and basic soil along with a light that will not be strong enough to do the job. Also the issue with bagseed and how you describe it being full of seeds. There isba very high chance they are going to be homeathradites/hermies and only produce another copy of itself. Thisnisnwhybthe local stock is bad . You have to have the basic elements for indoor growing and the bark soil will be way too Nitrogen heavy for your seedlings. you get the beginning of growing then they desperately need feed when they get bigger but the light will struggle to convert the leaves chlorophyll. There is also the issue of what the water your using contains. The PH is I.portant to know so your not poisoning them with acidic or alkaline water . I know this all sounds very negative but I hear your desperate need and hate seeing you chase an impossible route. You either need to feed the soil for life by using food scraps and peels ect...( no meat, onion) and try to get an active food web going in a patch that will feed all the nutrients naturally or add nutes artificially from retail . Depending what your seasons light cycle is now , you could use the outside sun to provide the light on pots of soil too if the ground gets too dry ect..
Your light could be a good germination/cuttings light and area though as youb get a good germ rate on your seeds.
You do need decent seeds too. going with bagseed is always a huge risk for all the growing time/money ect to be wasted.
Wish I could have been more help but this is my opinion and hate seeing you waste time/money . There may be options from other sources here so dont givebup just keep faith a solution could arrive.

Sigh, the truth burns I know. Will def repot and already trying to get better lighting off Amazon(what is best for 3 plants under $60?), shipping is too expensive most of the time, trying to ship some bags of Fox Farm soil amendments but only option is DHL/UPS which is a hell NO. As per seeds, my hands are up in the air mate, this has been my single biggest worry, I have seen dudes grow bag seed to be huge but never indoor. Ready to go the distance though, but ifyou know of a way I can get seeds without ending up in jail ... ALL for it!!

I think your bark soil is going to be a problem. A peat based potting mix with perlite would be much much better if you can possibly source some.

I just got a small block of coco coir and perlites, you think a combination would be good for a grow as is or I need to add more stuff?

Does 4 season affects outdoor growing? Some article i read during summer and winter they sometimes grew it and manage to get a good yield. Is it true?

Is there no way to grow it outdoors? Climate must be very suitable for an off-site grow ?
Cheers for the win with perlite and cocoa. I have no experience with coco except adding the fibers to my soil to keep it loose. Perlite will work too.
Winning

Growing Cannabis is frowned upon where I am from so I am doing it on the down low. What is the minimum light requirement. The 80w led packs a punch or the plants reach for it. Added a 30w 3000k Led bulb to the mix, plants started turning lime so I switched it off.

You can use just coco and perlite but it needs to be watered daily with a nutrient solution.
Watering daily? my girl would like that, she sulks whenever I stop her watering the plants. Do you have any idea what nutes will work with this. Putting all my hope on the Fox Farm trio to solve all my feeding problems? Can you recommend better? or a cheaper alternative. Thanks

Watering daily? my girl would like that, she sulks whenever I stop her watering the plants. Do you have any idea what nutes will work with this. Putting all my hope on the Fox Farm trio to solve all my feeding problems? Can you recommend better? or a cheaper alternative. Thanks

I've used the Fox Farms trio (for soil), not the hydroponic trio. I grew 3 different grows using it with their cocoloco, and it worked ok. I moved from it, because with my conditions and availability of other options, I knew I could do better. I'm currently in Doc Bud's and also getting ready for a Mega Crop grow. If all you have access to is FF, you'll get much better weed than it sounds like you have access to now.

Unless someone else knows better, I'm not really sure that you need both the perlite and the coco. The coco in my experience allows for plenty of aeration. I'd think the perlite is duplicitous. Make sure you are PH adjusting your water and feed for coco, I made that mistake on my first coco grow. Got confused.

On the lites, I know little, so can't help you there.

Good Luck with the grow, and welcome!

Back
Top Bottom