Pipe Cleaning 101

Already been mentioned, but it didn't mention how high you get...

Get a pot of water and put a decent amount of salt in it. Let it sit until its fully boiling. Then put your piece on some tongs and shake it around inside the water. Inhail the fumes coming off of the pot and you will feel nice :)

Walaaaa your piece will be brand new and it costs 0 dollars.

If you want to scrub the inside of your bong pick up an 'Original Buddy" www.bongbuddy.com
I got one of these from my local headshop few weeks ago and it works wonders. Makes my glass bongs look brand new.

One day I cleaned all the glass I own with Iso. Alcohol 70%, table salt, and a zip bag. This is by far and away the most effective cleaned method, much better than the 420 cleaner or the Orange chronic stuff. Just rinse well with hot water after you are done to get all the remains out.

Eskimojoe said:
what did you use the zip bag for?

I had ALOT of glass to clean,so I put the Iso and the salt in a zip bag and shook it all around. The salt acts as an abrasive and after shaking for a while the piece will be fairly clean, all thats needed then is a hot water rinse. I wanted to reuse this solution multiple times, for maybe 3 or 4 pieces, and then make more and keep cleaning. Also, I put the zip bag into another zip bag because it was kind of getting through one bag but not through two. Good luck cleaning.

Don't I feel like a dumb ass. For some reason I was thinking of a bong. I have a Phx that is hard as hell to clean. The best thing I have found for it was the 420 cleaner. But, if you say this is better, I’ll give it a try. “Without the bag obviously”

The PHX's, because of the diffusers, are so hard to clean. I would try using Iso and a good amount of salt and shake it really good for a long time. Don't use too much alcohol because the more you can throw the solution around inside the piece when you shake it the better. I also have a small flexable bottle brush that is good for cleaning out the ground joint and the area underneath.

I find it really easy to clean my PHx maybe a 5 min job.. I put the bowl and diffuser in a bag at different times shake with the alcohol and salt for few mins then thats done.. Then i fill the salt from the top of the phx tell it covers those weird resin marks then i pour in the alcohol .. covering the top i shake shake shake the bong and it is clean.

Dannibong said:
boil it then scrape the rez out.

I used to do it that way but I've had a few bowls break. The alcohol and salt is the safest way for your piece, but you can't smoke the rez.

Using the dishwasher is not going to work at all. Use the salt and iso. technique that is your best bet.

I recently substituted epsom salt for table salt for cleaning my first pipe. It did an okay job, but it wasn't 100% brand new clean. Maybe I used too much of the epsom, I'm not sure, but does the regular salt/iso combo make a pipe spotless?

Let is soak a couple of days.......don't use styrofoam or plastic to put the alcohol in......glass or metal.....or thick plastic.......';)

Back
Top Bottom