Pistils turned brown at start of week 5

NiJoSa

420 Member
The pistils of my plant have turned brownish at their tips at only the start of 5th flower week. There have been harsh winds, rains and some hail here so that could be the case. Google says Brown pistils means almost ready for harvest but i doubt that's possible at 4 weeks of flower (not counting the stretch weeks). She's a Skywalker Kush from Reserva Privada that normaly has an 8-9w flower period

Attachments

• IMG_20200926_173923.jpg
    IMG_20200926_173923.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 90
Welcome to 420, NijoSa:welcome:
Pistils don't last forever-as they dry out and turn brown, new pistils are growing in to replace them.
This is an indoor plant I've got going, 3 weeks into flower- notice a few brown pistils- that's normal- as the
plant ages, there'll be a lot of them, but it doesn't have anything to do with "ripeness"

1601146183907.jpeg

When they all turn brown, then you're probably getting close to harvest- but I recommend going by trichome condition rather than basing a harvest decision on pistil color. Google probably hasn't grown a lot of pot, so, now that you're here, you can research how to determine harvest by trichome color

Your plant has a long ways to go, but it looks to be doing great so far!

Back
Top Bottom