PitVipers nutrient recomendations

HYDRO ONLY
Several people have asked us what levels of nutes we use.

This is the schedule we have used all the time. They wont hurt you

Vegetative
1st week 600ppm
2nd week 900ppm
3rd week 1200ppm
4th week 1500ppm
if you veg more than 4 weeks...
5th week 1800 ppm...stay there till bloom

put it into 30 hrs dark flushing with plain water..sometimes I flush 1 more day when the lights come back on

Bloom
1st week 600 ppm
2nd week 900 ppm
3rd week 1200 ppm
4th week 1500 ppm
5th week 1800 ppm
6th week 2000 ppm
7th week 2000 ppm
8th week 2000 ppm

if you are adding bloom enhancers add them in last 2 weeks but reduce you ppm to 1200 1st/ Shooting powder and bud boster takes place of the last 2 weeks of bloom

flushing...alot of controversy....some do and some dont...I do myself
all of this has some leeway so sont take it as gospel

I found that 1600 ppm in veg and bloom will give most strains at least 80-90% production....some strains take more nutes and so 1600ppm will be good...tweak as you like[/QUOTE]

so how do you detrimen PPM is it how much nutes per water ratio. 1tsp per gal = 600ppm and 2tsp = 1200 depending on the specs of any given nute?

1st remember these numbers are not gospel. They wont hurt you. You can tweak alot. that being said....use the bottles chart...I did the first time. If you are hooked like most people you will want to invest in a quality meter.
Ph is the most important. EC/PPM is next. Ive used alot of monitors and Im down with Milwaukee's SM802......enuf sales

I was seeing if I could calc the total dissovled solids without a meter given a base ppm on
my tap water and manuf reccomedations on the nutes. How are the HM meters for reading tds mesurements?

I was seeing if I could calc the total dissovled solids without a meter given a base ppm on
my tap water and manuf reccomedations on the nutes. How are the HM meters for reading tds mesurements?

if you know the base ppm then just adjust...but FYI....my ppm is 225...I just add the original mix and end up at aprox 800....no worries. this isnt rocket science....there is a huge fudge factor involved...as long as the Ph is ok

What is ppm?

Hey Pit, hope you don't mind.

Good question. PPM is parts/per/million.

You may also see another "vocab" term also spoken frequently called EC. Short for Electrical conductivity.

These abbreviations relate to how much nutes (or anything) (based on electrical current) are present in the sample being collected, when represented as PPM or EC, depending on your measuring device.

SF

Great info Pit. Do you just try to keep it at the ppm through the week? Like if my ppm goes from 1200 to 1600 over 2 days i adjust to say 1050 thinking its to high for the strain or if it goes from 950 to 800 i adjust to say 1100 thinking it needs more or should i try to keep it going. PH always 5.5 to 6.2. I over feed and locked out one whole grow so kinda nute shy now. I grow aero (stinkstyle) and dwc bubbles.
thanks

You find a ppm meter either online or at your local grow shop.

I've been to a couple garden centers, but they seem to only stock supplies for
outdoor gardens.

I would just like to add that especially for hydro that what Pit says is true about following the directions on the bottles.
Every manufacturer has different mixtures and the safe way to mix is to follow directions for the size of your reservoir and come in on the low at first and then as you become more comfortable with the products, you can start to decrease or increase the mix.

Another thing to do is to become a pro at spotting leaf messages. Learn to be able to spot what deficiencies are killing your plants.

Your plants do talk. You just have to learn their language.

Be sure and keep a journal so that you can pass on what you learn through trial and error.

no problem

Great info Pit. Do you just try to keep it at the ppm through the week? Like if my ppm goes from 1200 to 1600 over 2 days i adjust to say 1050 thinking its to high for the strain or if it goes from 950 to 800 i adjust to say 1100 thinking it needs more or should i try to keep it going. PH always 5.5 to 6.2. I over feed and locked out one whole grow so kinda nute shy now. I grow aero (stinkstyle) and dwc bubbles.
thanks

do not adjust the PPM thru the week....Ph is the one you want to watch.
watching the PPM will tell you whats happening...but dont adjust
do not set a hard numper on PH. the general belief is setting at 5.5 first and let it wander up to 6.2..thats a good thing. hope that helps

Hey Pit, hope you don't mind.

Good question. PPM is parts/per/million.

You may also see another "vocab" term also spoken frequently called EC. Short for Electrical conductivity.

These abbreviations relate to how much nutes (or anything) (based on electrical current) are present in the sample being collected, when represented as PPM or EC, depending on your measuring device.

SF

you are always wecome Stinky....:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom