Pjs First Grow -T5HO - Soil - Black Dog, Blue Cheese, Purple Kush

Pjs420

Good day all!

Third time is the charm.. doing this from a mobile, written it up twice.. got busy with life, forgot to post and accidentally closed the app... brilliant move... this time I wrote it In a note, copy and paste is a beautiful thing lol

Anywho, down to business, been a long time lurker on this community in order to get my green thumb fix, started following doc buds Hempy grow many many moons ago and have been tagging along in the shadows for many others since then... I feel like I know many of you and yet haven't had the opportunity to join in and share, alas times they are a changing, and it's given me the chance I've needed to pursue my goal of a perpetual garden with the blessing of my far more attractive and intelligent better half.

Let's go back in time, on the first of April the beans hit the water in the shot glass.
One -kannabia purple kush
One - humboldt black dog
One - Dinafem blue cheese(freebie from the local shop)

For 24hours they sat and soaked, before heading into solo cups with some seedling soil and into my 2ftx4ft closet which miraculously fit the 6bulb 4ft T5HO I've kept around since my college/university days, all the other gear I had 600hps, 150hps, etc I lent to friends because I didn't have the space... well I never got them back.... sold and not a penny came my way... some friends eh?

They were all above ground by the end of the week, April 6th I believe. About 1 week after that they got transplanted into some promix in 3litre pots and dressed with some pure hen manure 5-3-2 that's slow release when watered. Trying to keep it simple and get this grow to produce some results and show my better half I can save us money while still enjoying our habit lol

Slowly I did a bit of lst training to the black dog and blue cheese, the kannabia purple kush got topped because I hadn't done it in a long time lol I had planned on flipping the switch one month in, but I opened the closet around the first of May to find the purple kush from kannabia seeds was having some trouble.. i had only been watering with plain tap water roughly 6.5-7ph, and I only have the handy dandy strip of paper test, no fancy pen yet lol

I diagnosed it to be a possible Nitrogen deficiency so I let the soil dry out, added a little more fertilizer, watered, and cut away the ugly leaves and waited to see what happened as the other two were trucking along happier than could be. Sure enough, I started seeing some fresh green growth a few days later, but it put me a Month behind cause you shouldn't flower an unhealthy plant duh!

Next couple of weeks went smoothly, tying down cutting off the odd useless fan leaf that was in a bad spot, keeping it watered but not too wet, I usually do the finger check, something my mother(who has quite the green thumb but won't grow cannabis grr!) has taught me since a young age in her veggie gardens. When June 1st came along I was happier with how they all looked so I up potted the black dog and blue cheese into larger pots.. not sure what size just ones I had lying around, the purple kush went into a 5 litre. All got some added tomato/vegetable slow release fertilizer 4-6-8. I figure it was about 10 days until I saw the first real signs of flowering. And I Just kept on a 2-3 day watering depending on how dry they have felt. Keep it simple stupid, hard to screw up!

Which brings us to where we are today. About a week and a half ago the purple kush started dying off leaves near the tops of one cola no clue why, at this point I don't really care about her, she's been a troublesome one compared to the other two ladies. So When I saw signs of another cola doing the same thing I decided it was off with her head, very early but whatever.. could be nutrient lock or maybe a deficiency of something. Anyone who can offer a suggestion as to the reason would be great, but it's one of 3 girls and the only one to act up under the same regime so I think it might just be a finickity strain.

Not sure how much longer these two girls have, I need to check the Trichs when I take a few new pictures tonight. Also forgot to mention I snipped off a couple of baby shoots before flower, dipped in rooting solution, and straight into soil.. one blue cheese and one black dog... took about two weeks until I started seeing new growth, they are just sitting behind the frosted glass of my living room window as I'm working on a new veg unit so I can keep plants ready for flowering.

Anyways that's my spiel! I'm going to throw up some pics when they started flower and work my way up to the most recent.

A couple convo starters!

Lighting- I want to upgrade.. love what feral is doing with the 315w cmh.. but I also love the looks of the timber led that ditchweed is using.... and the gs1000 that hyena Mercia is using seems to do the trick as well.. any and all suggestions, comments or criticisms would be appreciated to help me decide. Closet is 2ftx4ft - 8ft floor to ceiling with the option of venting into the attic if it gets too warm

Strains - looking for a couple daytime strains and a couple heavy evening straights that can help out the wife to sleep.. again any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to meeting everyone, cheers!

re: Aiming For A Perpetual Closet In 2017

420-magazine-mobile1951523292.jpg

420-magazine-mobile576274719.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1519122757.jpg

The 3 little girls up potted from their solo cups and the type of fertilizer I've been using.

re: Aiming For A Perpetual Closet In 2017

420-magazine-mobile54481307.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1245022777.jpg

Blue cheese most recent pics from yesterday.. coming along slowly but surely!

420-magazine-mobile1610287090.jpg

420-magazine-mobile704404157.jpg

Black dog most recent pics, almost there I think.. sorry the one is blurry still working on my photo skills lol

I think I should have given them extra fertilizer around the 3-4week mark but alas live and learn there is always the next run! Lol

Re: Aiming For A Perpetual Closet In 2017

I run a perpetual and LOVE it bc I pull one replace with one and repeat I currently have 2 2 ft× 2 ft scrog, 2 so tall and heavy that I tomato cages around them and 4 just doing great this is lemon haze that is only 3 weeks in but is doing amazing
420-magazine-mobile1848104337.jpg
420-magazine-mobile400617676.jpg
420-magazine-mobile133989395.jpg
420-magazine-mobile729276027.jpg
and this. Is a critical same age and one just thrown into flower less than a week I usually clone each plant in flower so I can run it a couple times, its not easy bc plants in transition to flower need different food than late flower
420-magazine-mobile1765151556.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1920222536.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1993786657.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1240868658.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2005138714.jpg
420-magazine-mobile769638508.jpg

Hey bignugz thanks for the response! Your plants look gorgeous. Sounds like the exact setup I'm hoping to achieve, I just subbed up to your journal so I'm going to pop on over for a read... I definitely should have added some extra fertilizer around the end of June cause I'm starting to see some more burnt tips around the colas which is frustrating but live and learn, don't see any point adding it now when they're almost finished I'll get some pics tonight, need to check trichs and the clones I've got need To be up potted... need to get my veg cab built and running so that it makes the transition to flower more consistent... they will probably need a month of veg before they're ready to flower again.

Hey bignugz thanks for the response! Your plants look gorgeous. Sounds like the exact setup I'm hoping to achieve, I just subbed up to your journal so I'm going to pop on over for a read... I definitely should have added some extra fertilizer around the end of June cause I'm starting to see some more burnt tips around the colas which is frustrating but live and learn, don't see any point adding it now when they're almost finished I'll get some pics tonight, need to check trichs and the clones I've got need To be up potted... need to get my veg cab built and running so that it makes the transition to flower more consistent... they will probably need a month of veg before they're ready to flower again.
I have 2 rooms actually 3 but I am not using one currently I have 2 5×5×7 ft rooms that one is veg and autos running 20/4, my flower room running 12/12 currently both have plenty of light and def plenty of fans its the cooling for them that's the problem and I only have co2 going in one my flowering room at 1300 ppm and love my results so far

Subbed in mate, finally found your journal :) looking good, the burnt girl may have been a bit more sensitive to the nutes than the others :thumb:

Much appreciated sir! Sorry I made you search for it lol silly app and no signatures.

I'm starting to think it may have needed more feed than what I had been giving, the black dog seems to be heading down the same path.., only fed them once with the slow release tomato/vegetable feed..starting to think I should have done it every 2-3 weeks instead of going by the 4-6 on the label... ah well next run I shall adjust and hopefully see some improvements.

I apologize in advance for my terrible picture taking lol I'll get better the more I take

Black D.O.G

420-magazine-mobile1232201586.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1722067830.jpg

Blue cheese

420-magazine-mobile818996149.jpg

420-magazine-mobile698334008.jpg

Always fun working out slow release ferts hehe, did it for too many years outdoors :rofl: Pics look good, probably the light affecting them more than anything, i usually take all my pics with the lights out and a white light source like a LED torch, if i take them with lights on i hold a pair of sunglasses over the lens which takes away the light waves and gives a much clearer pic :thumb:

Thanks for the tips feral, I will definitely try those out, all the girls have been chopped and hung now, id post some pics but I completely obliterated my phone at work so they're all lost except what ive posted up here, got the closet cleaned up and wiped down, going to throw the clones ive got in the living room window in there over the next day or so on a 20/4 light schedule.... Im not a big fan of autos but im thinking about buying some to run while I veg these girls into some monsters, want to use as much of my 8ft tall closet as possible lol I think ive developed a good plan tl get on the perpetual program I want to run but need to get so jars filled with bud so I dont rush the process the blue cheese I cut smells incredible, looking forward tl it the most

Ok, going to shut this one down so I can start a new journal. Ended up with just over an Oz from blue cheese and black dog... About a half zip from the purple Kush... Have many new things in store for the new one! Thanks for anyone who stopped by!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom