Plan on ordering a bong, seeking opinions/advice

GGnerd

Hey guys, I recently realized that I don't have a decent bong. I do have one but its a cheap one (don't get me wrong its been my best friend for a while now), id just like to have a nice, solid piece. After some browser browsing I've got my eye on this setup.

A 5mm Ehle cylinder bong w/ ice notches, 14.5 (or 14.4 I 4get atm) joint, and its about 14.5 inches tall. I also plan on getting the non teardrop precooler/ashcatcher, along with the correct size diffuser, and one of their turbo bowls.

I am open to opinions and suggestions, however I don't rly want anything with a perc. Nothing against them I just think a piece looks better without em. Call me crazy but also keep in mind my current bong has no extras so I believe a diffuser and precooler is a good step up =P also I kno people will be sayin 'roor' but I wanna keep this below $200 and ehle seems to be a pretty well respected brand.

My opinion is shop around online or in convienve stores, head shops as a last resort(Don't get ME wrong great pieces but a tad on the expensive side), get a tree perc with a nice open-ended diffuser downstem (14.4 or 18.8 it doesn't matter) and a one piece bowl(crazy designs on some if em') make sure the holes big enough for pull throughs and NEVER use a screen, you'll be cleaning your piece alot more often(Oxy clean and hot water or cous cous and hot water once a week) but it'l be the smOke of your life my friend. Check convienve stores first, chances are you'll find a decent perc for $30-120 then go to a head shop for the diffuser stem for $5-20. Or if you MUST go without a perc same thing but get a tube, beakers and orb shapes will leave you with a crap load of drag if their big.

I dont like buying stuff online b/c you cant see exactly what youre getting....you'll save some $$ but thats rollin the dice.

I look for flaws and stem positioning.
I like my downstem to go to the back corner WITHOUT touching. Some are blown at different angles that they'll be too high or to the middle of the piece.

Just my preference.....GOOD LUCK!!!!

P.S.
Post a pic of what you end up getting!

Well I went and ordered the setup I listed last Friday. I wouldn't of ordered online however there was the 30% off promo so I figured it was too good to pass up. Awaiting its arrival as we speak and hoping it doesn't turn into a long wait =P
Ya ill def. post some pics once it gets here.

Excited to see it! :]

I second that when it comes to headshops though. I go to a local pawn shop to get mine, got a brand new pink bong for 60 dollars, glows in the dark, all this fancy shit. Went to a headshop and found the saaaame one for close to $200. Got a cool skull one for $25, and i don't know how much it is regular, but the glass is really thick. Convenience stores are good too.

Ehhh yeah but ya see the 2 local headshops around here chop heads, got my iolite portable vap for like 300$. Conv. stores are worse around here, my gf bought a lil bong from one and some1 ended up gluing a frog to cover a crack, thing fell off like 2 hrs after she bought it.

Lol the tracking for the royal mail says its over here waiting 2 b delivered, the usps tracking says it has yet to leave the uk. Crazy that its in 2 places at once =P

Haha so I had been thinking about calling off work today but decided against it so here I am. Not even 30 minutes in I get a text sayin somethin came for me in the mail marked fragile. Lol so wish I woulda called off.....haha oh well I'm excited knowing what's waiting for me. TGIF!

Will post some pics 2nite or 2morro.

Haha so I had been thinking about calling off work today but decided against it so here I am. Not even 30 minutes in I get a text sayin somethin came for me in the mail marked fragile. Lol so wish I woulda called off.....haha oh well I'm excited knowing what's waiting for me. TGIF!

Will post some pics 2nite or 2morro.

Haha daamn that sucks. But exciting! Hope you enjoy it. :]

Back
Top Bottom