PlanetJ's Big Tent - LED & CFL - Multi-Strain - Perpetual Flowering

re: PlanetJ's Big Tent - LED & CFL - Multi-Strain - Perpetual Flowering

I'm so exited about my big tent ... its looking great. Bit of defoil done .. they are two weeks in Bloom now.

tmp_9344-IMG_20150213_123136322602924.jpg
tmp_9344-IMG_20150213_1231481313287661.jpg
tmp_9344-IMG_20150214_100320-517879799.jpg
tmp_9344-IMG_20150214_100842715240798.jpg

Today's update in about an hour .. too busy to process pictures now .. first get some kids to bed :p

Soon to be featured here tho: The Doctor (Feminised) by Green House Seed Company Amsterdam

Just ordered 3 seeds of this strain, 1 will become a mum, the other 2 will be flowered, cloned and evaluated against my Exodus Cheese, also from greenhouseseeds.

The pee experiment has to be redone .. either I pee chemicals, or the roots where to small to transplant when I did .. either way, she died. The other one is thriving .. pics later, incl. a backlog :p

New candidates will be found for a re-run of that experiment, with more info as well ;)

PlanetJ, I thought peein' on the plant was kind of odd? If your problem is possibly a weak stream... try Flomax and don't aim directly at the plant! LOL :rofl: :biglaugh: :laughtwo: jk... I am actually curious to see the results if you can make it work... cheap, DIY, and "homemade".... all the best things. :)
The pee experiment has to be redone .. either I pee chemicals, or the roots where to small to transplant when I did .. either way, she died. The other one is thriving .. pics later, incl. a backlog :p

New candidates will be found for a re-run of that experiment, with more info as well ;)

Overdue picture update :)

First I'm gonna show off my big tent, which is gonna be my reference for future grows... I'm so pleased with this, it's hard to describe. It's what happens when everything goes as planned I guess .. immensely satisfying!

They are two weeks into flowering, counting from flip.
:circle-of-love:

IMG_20150218_162957.jpg

IMG_20150218_163017.jpg

IMG_20150218_163059.jpg

Last pic shows the stretch ... they where level with the net at flip ..

My back is hurting like hell at the moment from undressing these girls. But a man has to do what a man has to do ... I sprayed them good afterwards :cool:

Small tent is about two weeks away from harvest, in sub optimal lighting. I left the popcorns there on purpose .. I want good quality butter for edibles. Last time I floored my girl with it .. that needs to be improved upon :rofl:

IMG_20150218_175104.jpg

IMG_20150218_175118.jpg

IMG_20150219_211757.jpg

I have a new plant for my growing collection, meet my second Salvia Divinorum .. I LOVE this plant. The trips one gets from these are fast, short, intense and to be respected, without any side effects except for a pleasant body stoned & mild high. I can recommend this plant to anybody not afraid of meeting themselves head on at accelerated speed :p

IMG_20150219_211336.jpg

Clones and herbs and other things going on in the corner

IMG_20150219_211302.jpg

IMG_20150219_211314.jpg

As always thanks for watching :)

I'll be restructuring this journal soon ... this will become my "big tent journal", alongside my "small tent journal" and my "growing corner". The tents will feature flowering only .. the corner is where you can see them develop before they relocate to either of the two tents.

My new seeds will be flowering in the big tent, you can track their progress in the corner ;)

I need to build myself a cloner, I'm getting fed up with wilting and dying cuttings, too lazy to get a humidity dome set up, and I have no building materials, and if I have to buy stuff anyway, better do it right and build myself an aerocloner. Should not be too expensive in parts, have part of it already, and can improvise a little. I hope enough of the current batch survive to keep growing on schedule :p

In other news, the doctor is in the house:
tmp_6040-IMG_20150220_133912-602557553.jpg

TheDoctor.jpg

GENETICS ==> Great White Shark x South Indian x Super Skunk.
EFFECTS ==> An instant-hitter, very stoned, bordering the narcotic. Medicinally effective in pain therapy and against insomnia.
FLOWERING INDOOR ==> 8 weeks, with a yield up to 800 gr/m2. Very good for SoG and SCRoG.

As you can see, seeds are in the water, will transplant straight to soil, mum one, and do something creative with one of the seeds, and flux-like the other. I will allow some growth on limbs, but keep it spacey wide, and without the need for a net I hope. Veg time incl. sprouting will be about 1 month and 2 weeks, depending on when the big tent finishes.

Thanks for your interest :)

Looks good. Building a cloner...I probably should do that too.... my "humidity dome" is the plastic lid from a large birthday cake. lol
:Namaste:

2 weeks into flowering atm .. what an amazing difference to the previous grow :thedoubletake:

2nd grow, 2 weeks into flowering:
20141107_185534.jpg

Now:
IMG_20150220_163015.jpg

IMG_20150220_163029.jpg

IMG_20150220_163039.jpg

IMG_20150220_163053.jpg

I'm getting more and more exited :drool:

Is that a calcium foliage spray on your leaves?

About the cloner, I was able to clone a elderberry in a 5 gallon bucket with plastic kitchen wrap over the top. Kept spraying for humidity and kept about 3 feet under my 400 in veg room.

Also a friend used a plastic tote and put a piece of plexy-glass over top of it. He said it worked great and o don't see why It wouldnt. I gave him two clone domes and he's used those since. Pretty sure I got at hydro store for 10$

Plants look nice. Your peeing on one of them??

I&I

Most people here grow with all kinds of shit, literally, added to their soil and foliar sprays. I fail to see what is so especially gross about human urine ? When people ask, just call it a micro nutrient rich natural fertilizer and be done with it ;)

What I see a problem with is humans are meat eaters And our urine is constantly changing in pH Depending on what we eat and drink. There is a reason when dogs pee on your grass it kills it and when they poo we can't use as compost. They are meat eaters as well.. the smell alone would keep me from peeing on my plants hah sounds funny to say. do you have a picture of the dead peed on plant? Curious what deficiency she had.

I&I

Is that a calcium foliage spray on your leaves?

About the cloner, I was able to clone a elderberry in a 5 gallon bucket with plastic kitchen wrap over the top. Kept spraying for humidity and kept about 3 feet under my 400 in veg room.

Also a friend used a plastic tote and put a piece of plexy-glass over top of it. He said it worked great and o don't see why It wouldnt. I gave him two clone domes and he's used those since. Pretty sure I got at hydro store for 10$

Plants look nice. Your peeing on one of them??

I&I

Not a Cal spray, just very bad camera, wet from foliar spray, and a lot of reflection :p

I think part of my issue is the size of the clones .. they are quite small as I try to maintain a bonsai mum .. they would need a humidity dome, and your ideas might be an easy solution I will try .. but in the end, I want to be able to root soft-tip cuttings .. and afaik, that is gonna be a pita without an aerocloner.

So far, about half of the soft-tip cuttings rooted ok .. the rest so-so .. 3 out of 10 did not make it without humidity dome. Some most likely due to air embolism in the stem. Not always fast enough :p

The pee project will be redone as soon as I have two rooted cuttings of the same size, with about the same root development .. in a week, tops. Either my pee contained dangerous chemicals (not unlikely :p ) or she just failed after sprouting roots and my not so gentle transplanting. Either way, I will take full responsibility, and redo the project asap. I will be featuring that in PlanetJ's Crazy Crammed Corner

I'm not aware of the term soft tip cuttings? My cuttings I've had 4 die out of around 100 or more and those I could physically feel the stem bend when I put into cubes. I never recut them as it wasn't a concern when one of 12 in the dome had this happen. Recently I do recur them to keep 100% .

Also the elderberry I cloned I read they are harder to clone in the tree family. I would say humidity is key no matter the size of curting. My fiance has a 1 inch elderberry top in my dome right now.

She did it by herself to anxious to wait for me to get home. She has a glass jar (no soil drainage) happy frogs soil (no cube) I believe she said she did use some of my rooting gel.. and she pinched not more then 1 inch off the top of the baby elder I cloned last year. I told her it would die, but it's still standing tall and is green. I did have her spray it with some clonex mist..

Some day I plan to Mae a clone machine but for now this 10$ set up works great. 30$ I can make 36 clones in a week-2

I&I

The urine plant just did not continue rooting .. it had a small few roots when I transplanted .. prolly wanted to go too fast ;)

It's not peeing on the plant what I do .. it's catching my urine, then diluting to a 1 in 10 - 15 ratio with water, thén feed it to the plant's soil. I will not foliar spray with it .. I never quite got to love the smell of a urinal and I can not explain it in a way that people will not gross out :p

Soft tip cuttings are cuttings that are very small .. toothpick size, that idea. It's what you pull off bonsai mums, unless you let her grow into a forest.

atm I root straight in soil, or in water first .. whatever I feel like .. I get enough plants, but it is not hassle free, nor does it cater to my lazy nature. I want fool proof to reduce planning, and with the least amount of work possible .. there might be a time when I have to squeeze this in, next to a dayjob and a family.

Back
Top Bottom