Planned DIY LED build

herbalist JNR

420 Member
OK, done a LOT more research now, think I'm getting my head around this LED thing...enough that I think I'm almost ready to spend some cash.

Planned set up:

Grow space: 240cm x 155cm / 7.9ft x 5.1ft
Samsung LT-FB22b 4ft strips x 24
Mean Well HLG-480-48B drivers x 3

I think that gets me to roughly 1,400 watts at the wall, and about 35watt per sq ft.

Plan is to compensate for a lack of vertical room by under driving the LEDs, and so having them closer to the canopy with less heat produced.

How does that sound? Any advice would be great please!

I've not grown for almost 15 years, so really looking forwards to being back in control of my own destiny...will be sharing a full build and grow thread once I get there :)

I'm toying with the idea of mixing in different spectrum for veg, but for the first round I think I'll try to keep things simple...so T5's for seedlings, then straight under the 3000k's and see how we do...I need to build up a stock of medicine pretty quickly, so that's the first priority.

This is just the start of things for me, first run will be CBD and a few Bubba's Gift...but I've got some Alien Rift and Malibu Pie I want to pheno hunt through once I'm up and running. I'm trying real hard to be patient! :p

Not finished yet, but so far we are looking at:
- LEDs $550
- Drivers $400

Will update once I've got the rest of the components and built it....it's gonna be expensive, but less than buying off the shelf. If money was no object I'd be looking at something like Black Dog- they look proper!

Advanced LED is going to be coming out with their diamond series 2.0, which will be adding UV. I can speak of the diamond series 1.0 quality from my own experience, may recommend you check them out. Off the shelf could land you a little over what you’re planning to spend, but not too far apart (nice lights with newest components).

Back
Top Bottom