Planning my an outdoor stealth/guerrilla grow

Blazer420

Like the title says, I'm planning an outdoor guerrilla grow. I have found the spot that will work well, now I just have a couple of quick questions...

1) I'd like to start the plants indoors like I do with my vegetable garden. I can go as long as 5 weeks veg before they'd have to go outside. Is that too long or short, or doesn't it matter?

2) I'm keeping it to 3 plants about 10m apart to help be a bit more stealthy. I can make it even more camouflaged if I can plant close to a bunch of enormous wild blackberry plants. Other than the "thorny" issue of the berries, will they work and play well together?

3) I don't want to get new beans for this (and I don't clone). I've got Barney's Blue Cheese & Critical Kush, HSO EmDog, Super Strains Amnesia, and Sweet Seeds Sweet Cheese. Of these, any suggestions? My area won't see very much if any human activity (been using some trail cams to make sure), but size and odor can be a giveaway.

4) I can (to a point) dig holes and fill with a quality soil (probably VermiFire). How big and deep should I make the holes?

And finally....

5) Although the soil will have a charge in it, I suspect I will need a slow release fertilizer to mix in as well. I know NOTHING about those, so any suggestions would be very helpful.

One issue that I will need to deal with is the large deer population in the area. Any thoughts on how I can keep them away and still be stealthy?

Thanks for the help!

B-

Re: Planning my an outdoor stealth/guerrilla grow.

I start my outdoor clones in Feb and look to get them outside by middle to late May if temps allow.

I'm west coast so we have to get thru the chilly spring first...

I like 2' ers well established, but have resorted to even putting out 4" ers one yr in late late June(20th) still put out 8oz each by 1st wk of oct.

I use huge pots, 2.5 cubic feet or so....if you have space put the biggest veg plants possible to start with.

I don't gorilla grow if that's what to call it.....
I use a costco 10x20 carport and no top with the legs extended 2' for an 8' semi concealed grow....I can grow 8 trees in there and still have room to water, add supports etc.

Hey Blazer,
I live in the rural Midwest and grow along side the deer & rabbits with no curiosity from the critters what so ever.
There is a product you can buy to keep critters away that you spray on & around the plants, but it is expensive.
I found what it is in there that works though. ROTTEN eggs. You can take several eggs, whip them up with a gallon of water, throw in a little garlic & cayenne pepper, cover & put in the warm sun for a few days. HOLD YOUR NOSE Strain through an old tee shirt & fill your pump sprayer up & spray around any place you DONT want critters. Add clove oil to the mix for insect control too. Just keep it off the flowers.
You have to reapply after a good rain, but it's cheep & easy & effective for where the white tails grow BIG.
Deer got to three plants last year before I used this. NONE after the first spray, and it's all natural, no nasty chem's.

Here's a few tips from an Australian perspective. I currently live on the East Coast (QLD) with a sub-tropical climate but don't be fooled thinking this is easy street. Very dry winters , extremely hot dry Spring and early Summer which can also be characterised by very heavy rainfall DEC to APRIL. But this is not guaranteed so site preparation has to take in account -Is it going to be hot and dry all season or are we going to get rain ? Either way from my experience and others who grow in harsh conditions in southern states the common "thread" is the bigger the hole prepared and the better the soil mix the bigger the plants. I personally love cow manure as my main base as it really improves the organic content (physical and humic acid) and is non burning. If I had unlimited access to different materials other manures like aged chicken ,pigeon ,sheep ,lhama you name it blends are best. Budgie poo is one of the highest in nutritional value but that's a hell of a lot of budgies to provide enough. Friends down south line their holes with plastic before they fill them with their mixes. This is strictly for dry areas and not recommended for the sub tropics (not saying you can't line the sides - just not the bottom). If you can prepare your soil several months ahead all the better as you can make all your amendments (additions of manures etc) especially pH adjustment i.e. raising low pH with lime or dolomite lime or lowering high pH with Ag. sulphur. Generally you want to give a couple of weeks for soil to react to lowering or raising pH. This depends a lot on temperature and moisture which affect the soil bacteria that help the pH change. Invest in a cheap pH Soil Kit (not a push in ground probe type - not worth a pinch) and keep it stored in a cool dark place and it will give you hundreds of tests. I highly recommend using Water Crystals (Polyacrylimide) and rehydrate them before you add them to the soil. I rehydrate them with seaweed extract but a liquid tea made out of cow manure or worm castings would be beneficial as well. Another product I use is TREE TABLETS designed for fruit trees. This year I'm trying a brand I haven't used before but previous tabs have grown - u guessed it TREES !!!! I'm trying Miracle Grow Slow Release PLANT FOOD TABLETS for trees and shrubs. NPK : 20:.09:10.9 plus minor and trace elements. Extra phosphorous will be obtained from the decaying manure and additional liquid feeds at every watering (fortnightly). I prefer large waterings infrequently encouraging deeper roots but also like the addition of foliar feeding especially with seaweed extract boosted by liquid potash during earl flowering. Regarding stealthiness don't leave well tread paths going to your grow. I use alternative routes in and out and selectively place my feet in "holes" already existing in grass and undergrowth. Only yesterday myself and work colleagues "found" a previously used growing area at a work site purely by following the well defined paths to old buried pots with water bottles disgarded nearby. My work involves invasive weed removal from natural areas and this is not the first site we have found. My advice would be if you ever want to use a site again leave it as though you were never there - remove all rubbish and cover your plots with leaf litter or branches. Be prepared for some discomforts - darkness is your best allie so get used to visiting in the wee hours whether pre dawn or on dusk. Avoid river banks where possible fisherman may wander or hunters in the States or Europe. As always tell no one !!!! Not even your bestest mate so learn to do everything by yourself. Regarding repellants for animals if you can get you hands on a big cat's urine this will deter things like deer from a plot. Don't ask me where to buy it but I bet you will find it on the net. I hope this give you a few ideas. Cheers Pat.

Here you go Predator urine is available at 420 MAGAZINE ®. get some mountain lion pee and the deer will keep well clear. Cheers Pat. looks like I can't post another site address. just search under predator urine -heaps of places.

Back
Top Bottom