Plans for this growing season

richgannon_2001

hey everyone i was just wonderin if someone could help me out.....let me start off by saying im in southwest ontario and intend to put these plants outside the first weekend of june. now in saying that i am about to purchase seeds and plan to grow them long enough to sex them but keep them under a foot tall because i am going to conceal them in my dresser drawer....i plan on using cheap 10 dollar fluro from home depot called a grow light, ive used them to veg my plants before, anyhow my question is...how long should i plan to grow the plants before they will be safe to put outside. 6 weeks would be ideal i just need to make sure they are sexed before i stick them outside, i plan on topping the plants to keep them short and increase total plants but obviously cant do that till i sex them......any advice would be great guys.....last year i used a closet and a 400 w hp and it was perfect but i want to bring it down a notch this year lol

Make sure you introduce them into the outdoors slowly - you need to harden them off. Put them in a sheltered, partially shady place for a few hours a day, and increase the time and sun exposure gradually over a week or two. If you can get a fan on them while in the dresser that will help the process as you transition out into the wilds. But you probably already knew this. :)

i need to sex them indoors so no males get out and pollinate my girls, my plants are currently about a foot tall and are about a month old im growing them till the 2nd week of july or the corn is tall enough which ever comes first, im gonna force flower any that havnt shown by then but they will be good by then. i topped all my plants last year that i put out and it seemed to benefit the plants yield because instead of havin only 1 main cola they had 2+ colas, thanks for the advice!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it is better to top before flower though, so it dosen`t take time to recover in the flower stage.

im only putting it in the flower stage to find out the sex then putting them back to 18/6 till im ready to put them outside, any plants i top i am keeping the clone and planting that as well so i dont want to top a male plants and lose track of its clones, i had a spot of roughly 50 plants with seed in them because my partner in the grow wasnt carfeul enough im not losing all that money again this year lol even if im only putting out 30 plants or so

lol that was only one of my many spots however that is still a lot of money lol, i went big last year lol im keeping it small time this year im too lazy and not bein so damn greedy this time lol.....this year im gonna go with 3 spots of 10 or so

Back
Top Bottom