Plant Abuse Chart

For sure when you note purplish stems & veins/ rusty splotchs on leaves, give it a squirt , watch for several days. in soil a week or more as its slower process in soil. the cal/mag will spike your ppm's , so don't freak out.
I use GH's 2 part Lucas formule in aeroponics system, so I see results in days.
seems to be the 1 item lacking during the early stages of Veg, hardly ever add it in bloom phase.
Luck,]
Slag

Hello :420:

I have a bit of an issue Im not sure about. I am growing some outdoor plants in 7Gal SmartPots with a mix of FFOF with Coco, Perlite and EWC added. After I transplanted from 1Gal SmartPots to the 7Gals I added 7Tbs of Dolomite Lime to each pot (1Tbs per Gal) and have not checked PH since. They were growing and lookin great all thru veg and up until about a week ago when they started to get yellow leaves everywhere.

On Aug 8th I top dressed with Super Soil that had been cooking for 30 days. About 3 weeks later (for some reason I thought it had been 5 weeks) I started feeding full strength nutes from a former sponsors Organic line every 3 days, which I had also done during Veg. I noticed the leaves were still yellowing so I started feeding every other day. I water with 1 Gal of RO water daily and add nutes on feeding days to this without checking PH.

I know yellowing is normal in late flower but this was happening in early flower thru mid flower so my question is am I over feeding and causing issues that will lessen my yield or is this the norm for outdoor which I havent done before.

My thoughts at first were OK they want food so I started feeding and continued to do so since they kept yellowing but now I have decided that I will only give plain RO for the remainder but this morning I went out after watering with 2 Gals of RO yesterday and my Blue Dream which had hardly any yellow leaves was full of yellow leaves so that got me worried since it happened over night.

Heres a few pics of random plants in the garden
DSCF7920.JPG
DSCF7921.JPG
DSCF7922.JPG
DSCF7925.JPG

Heres a pic of the garden followed by some random leaves I pulled off just to show
DSCF79242.JPG
DSCF7923.JPG

I hope this is the norm and I havent screwed things up by over feeding AGAIN.

So I was lookin back thru my journal to see when flowering started and I saw pollen sacs on the Bay11 I got rid of on 8-14 which means Im only 6 or 7 weeks into flower out of 9 to 10 for most of my strains and the yellowing has been getting worse. It has been going on for a couple weeks now even though I was feeding full strength nutes when it began and as it worsened.

Is it normal for yellowing to start only a month into flower?? Could this be overfeeding?? Does anyone still look at this thread or is there a different one I need to post in??

Thats what I was hoping and thought too but I didnt know if it happened so early in flower. They buds are growing and really frosting up nice so Ill just continue with the plain RO water til theyre done
I think that you would find this of some use I hope that it isnt getting any worse for the lady in question Mike Lieberman done this vid and I think it is the same prob that you have got
Yellow Plant Leaves: Use Coffee Grinds - YouTube

Thanks Jaga

They are pretty much all going yellow now and the leaves are shriveling and falling off. Some have small brown spots on them too. I have been giving them Plain RO water for over a week now so I just went out and soaked the shit out of them with a hose and will feed a half strength dose of nutes in a few days when they dry out.

Ill be posting some pics of the plants and some leaves in my journal in a bit if anyone is interested.

Hi Cas, I came here because of your journal. The yellowing looks normal to me as well. Based on what you fed, I don't think it is a N deficiency. Since the new growth looks like leaves are green, and pointing up, I do not think it is a whole plant problem. The only thing I could think of was that maybe there was somehow some root damage from pests or temps, so the plant had to balance out a bit. I am sorry I could not be more help.

You might have a couple things going on. My outdoor plants are doing the same thing. I've diagnosed it as a K problem, or maybe Mn, but I'm pretty sure it isn't N. My outdoor plants also dried out twice during the summer when I wasn't able to water daily. I've also assumed some of the leaf drop was related to this as it seemed to appear shortly after the last dry episode.

Search around for more pictures. I found some other guides/threads with slightly different pics and descriptions, but nothing that looked exactly like what you posted. Mine look like yours though, so there must be others with this issue.

Good luck. I hope you solve it. While I do care about my outdoor girls, they are more an experiment than anything else. I've not planned to harvest anything, so I guess I don't worry as much as if it was my source of meds for the next year.

I read somewhere, cant find it right now, that too much N in bloom can cause a P lockout. I believe this to be the issue I had because I followed the label on the FP nutes and used full veg stage amount of the Grow nutes rather than a lesser amount. The website has been changed and my 7 part line isnt on there anymore cuz I guess they changed the Organic line up. I noticed some purple color coming also so I fed some nutes along with a B-1 vitamin called Aussie Tonic which I was given as a sample. Weve had a week of rain and much cooler temps so they stayed wet even though theyre covered by a greenhouse and havent been fed in like 4 or 5 days but the buds doubled in size so I think Im good now.

Anyone reading this, DONT take my word for it. I dont know for sure if this was my problem or not its just something I read and sounded like it could have been because of my mistake with the nutes. I still have leaves dying and falling off the plants but the buds are swelling so Im OK with the results at this time and am close to harvest so Im just gonna feed a couple more times and then let em finish.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a nitrogen or a magnesium deficiency? Any opinions? Iv'e read that Nitrogen can block Mg take up.....if this is so, could that be what's happenning here? The rest of the plant leaf seems a bit dark, so that could be the excess nitrogen?
I grow in Hydroponics, and have every factor right, light, temp, air exchange, air circulation, everything, yet my yields have not met expectations or lived up to past crops. The plant is Critical Mass and I've got a bunch of them.
20130912_083655.jpg

20130912_083626.jpg

When I was 19 I got my hands on Closet Cultivator by I think it was Ed. R , I learned a great deal from that book with the scribbly lookin pics in it lol

I do not have much to offer but I am always willing to help when I can! I might also refer to this thread in the future if I feel stumped :)

I'm trying to figure out if this is a nitrogen or a magnesium deficiency? Any opinions? Iv'e read that Nitrogen can block Mg take up.....if this is so, could that be what's happenning here? The rest of the plant leaf seems a bit dark, so that could be the excess nitrogen?
I grow in Hydroponics, and have every factor right, light, temp, air exchange, air circulation, everything, yet my yields have not met expectations or lived up to past crops. The plant is Critical Mass and I've got a bunch of them.
20130912_083655.jpg

20130912_083626.jpg

Looks like the plant is using nitrogen up quickly from the fan leaves as it matures. Looks natural to me.

Hello: I am growing my first med crop in a small grow box called the cash crop it is only 2 X 3 but has all the bells and whistles. I have three seeds that are a week old and I grew them in the dark with no fert. in distilled water. I have shoots that are 2 or 3 " that were white yesterday and I am trying to understand a light schedule. I have full spectrum bulbs that came for vegetation and then blooming bulbs for flowering to harvest. I was afraid because they were white, so I added light yesterday and less than 1/8 tsp per gallon of distilled water 'moon dust'. Please, how long should my light cycle be? It has been on since yesterday around 2 pm. Thank you for any help!

Hello: I am growing my first med crop in a small grow box called the cash crop it is only 2 X 3 but has all the bells and whistles. I have three seeds that are a week old and I grew them in the dark with no fert. in distilled water. I have shoots that are 2 or 3 " that were white yesterday and I am trying to understand a light schedule. I have full spectrum bulbs that came for vegetation and then blooming bulbs for flowering to harvest. I was afraid because they were white, so I added light yesterday and less than 1/8 tsp per gallon of distilled water 'moon dust'. Please, how long should my light cycle be? It has been on since yesterday around 2 pm. Thank you for any help!

go for always on, 20/4 (on/off), or 18/6. Plants need light and if dark period is more then 10 hours, probably start flowering.

Also seedlings should not need fertilizer, until at least a few weeks old if not later.

Back
Top Bottom