Plant anatomy - Where will my buds grow

Thestonedprof

To start this thread off, this is my first grow. Indoor closet space. I love researching but i cant find this question in particular. My plant has been flowering for 4 weeks now, lots of white pistils, some even turning dark. The calyxs havent swollen up yet. My preflowers are growing outwards and ill show a picture. Im confused as to where my actual bud sites will be. Ive posted a thread before and didnt get any feedback, so please hit me with some info.

Re: Plant anatomy. Where will my buds grow.

image16546.jpg

Im curios to what these little shoots are. I super cropped that branch if that has anything to do with it but i really want to know if these shoots will grow long? Or just grow into a single bud. And are they different from the branches that are big already. Or are they two different things. I also topped it as you can see to create more of a bush with more than one apical (major cola).

image16548.jpg

This has calyxs that arent shooting out, also not super cropped, and some of the pistils are turning dark before i see bud. This is an uknown sativa and id really appreciate any advice/information. Thanks

the easiest way to describe it is the white hairs make up the buds. in your last picture, that whole thing should turn into a bud. If your 4 weeks into flowering now, I would say you have an issue, as to me it looks less than 2 weeks into flower.

I actually started flowering in late october. 24th to be exact. Sone if the hairs are turning a darker color. This is seed from a bag of weed. I also supercropped twice which may have stunted the growth. I recently mixed mollases into my jug of water too. And youre telling me that branch will basically be one hige bud? Im new to this last step and i want to become aware so i can help it grow better.

And i think my total watts are around 60. Two bar flouresnts, one white, one yellow (20w each)and a screw in light bulb which i switch between a red incadescent, blue 20w uvb reptile light, and a 19 w cfl. Is this enough? Maybe thats why its taking longer?

Your lighting is probably the problem. I am not sure which of those lights if any put out the proper spectrum, I dont know a whole lot about lights though. If you are that far into flower though, you are gonna have to change something to get any return. you have a few white hairs there, which says its female, but those hairs should be mulitplying. there should be lots of them everywhere filling in that whole area, then they start to die off and swell back into their calyx and that is what forms your buds and red hairs. You should maybe read up on lighting. I use a 600w high pressure sodium and that is all i have ever used to flower, so not too sure about cfl's and flouresents for flower, I know some work and some dont. I think you want something in the 2700k range?? not sure if that makes any sense or not, but I think i read that somewhere...

Its kinda a closet stealth and the light definitly leaks. Plus this is my first one so im using what people give me. If i had a stronger wattage i might use it but ive heard that 20w per plant is the least you can give it. I have 60w sometimes 80w. Heat is a problem sometimes too.

wattage is important, but spectrum is also important. In flower you want to be giving a more of a red spectrum, where as in veg you want to be giving it a blue/white spectrum. are you using the same bulbs for veg as flower?? it looks like it vegged nicely. Just not flowering real well. look at your bulbs, is there a "k" rating on them. . in flower you want closer to the 2700k range.

Back
Top Bottom