Plant Goes Bad: Need Your Help

Very strange indeed. Do you have a cat? Cats love to ruin/eat and probably piss on weed plants.
Thanks for the suggestion.. But, no, I don't have pets.

Well, I'll try it again in a different room. With humidity meter installed, A/C, a bigger pot and will open up a window a little. Also might try to use the bioinoculants to prevent mold and bacteria.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

Plant sounds good. What strain are you growing? I've had strains that stink like Cat Piss or kind of like a gas smell before. Wasn't a very enjoyable smell to say the least. But it pretty much went away after a 4 week cure.
Have you tried flushing the plant & starting with fresh nutes. Wait ... I think you said you didn't use any nutes. I've never grown without any. I'm thinking it could be part of the problem.
Do you pH your water to 6.4 for soil (5.8 for Coco)?
How often do you water & how much?
Can you tell if the smell is coming from the plant or from the soil (when you water does the smell get stronger) ?
I got a feeling this is "No Nute" related because you're not adding PK boosters during flower.
Almost the same as just growing wild in a field.
May I suggest buying a $20 bag of Mega Crop for your next grow? It's all you will need for your entire grow.
Your Temps seem fine. 77 F is suppose to be the perfect temp. I let it go anywhere between 72 - 82 F & have no issues with my plants from heat or cold. Humidity should be 65 - 70 % in Veg & around 40 - 50% in Flower.

Plant sounds good. What strain are you growing? I've had strains that stink like Cat Piss or kind of like a gas smell before. Wasn't a very enjoyable smell to say the least. But it pretty much went away after a 4 week cure.
Have you tried flushing the plant & starting with fresh nutes. Wait ... I think you said you didn't use any nutes. I've never grown without any. I'm thinking it could be part of the problem.
Do you pH your water to 6.4 for soil (5.8 for Coco)?
How often do you water & how much?
Can you tell if the smell is coming from the plant or from the soil (when you water does the smell get stronger) ?
I got a feeling this is "No Nute" related because you're not adding PK boosters during flower.
Almost the same as just growing wild in a field.
May I suggest buying a $20 bag of Mega Crop for your next grow? It's all you will need for your entire grow.
Your Temps seem fine. 77 F is suppose to be the perfect temp. I let it go anywhere between 72 - 82 F & have no issues with my plants from heat or cold. Humidity should be 65 - 70 % in Veg & around 40 - 50% in Flower.
After a certain consideration I think you may be right about the flowering stage smell. And I think I was wrong comparing the smell to ammonia, it's more of a something like a pungent smell of a freshly cut grass or something like that. The thing that ticked me of is that it didn't smell like that before. During the earlier flowering stages it just smelled like weed, really magical and fragrant weed. And since now it just smells like some sort of wet grass it just didn't feel right.

I will try curing it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

Some cannabis can smell like weeds. Northern Lights, for example.

I tried 4 different strains,

Which strains did you grow?

I’m not an auto grower so I’m not sure if this is true, but remember SweetSue and others saying that these ruderalis crosses aren’t much for nice smell compared to photo plants.

Hello again guys.

So, after almost two weeks of drying and curing it, that's how the bud looks like.

Otwf5O0nBzM.jpg

I'm obviously not an expert, so how does it look to you? I think it seems okay, but am interested in your opinion. Some parts seem maybe too dark to me and I read that mold can appear dark or black but not sure. Tell me if you think it looks okay or not.

The smell I was describing earlier has gotten a lot softer now. Once in a jar for the night it smells kind of stronger but if I let it take some air for about 5-10 minutes, it disappears completely. Once in a jar for a while it comes back again though, but as I said, much softer, not like before. I think this could just be a fresh weed smell I'm not used to, because I used to consuming a ready, cured product.

I tried it already and it's not bad. Any way, just thought I'd ask your thoughts on the picture.

Back
Top Bottom