Plant height question

frosown

On a photoperiod plant, I was curious if you just wanted to make the plant say a short 20-24 in, could you just veg for 1-2 weeks than switch light schedule over to 12-12 to make it begin to flower/show sex? I've only grown auto flowers so i'm not entirely sure on how that would work. Any input is helpful :D

Re: Plant height question.

IMO you can veg a plant to whatever hieght you want, switch the light to 12/12 and it will flower and show sex. I think i`m right
somebody tell me if i`m wrong.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

photo_10_26.JPG
photo_11_20.JPG
photo_10_29.JPG

Yes its up to you when you want to flip to flower. how ever i would wait until the plants show signs that they are mature (ready for flowering)

Like this
mature_vs_unmature.jpg

For this to happen it took me about 40days from seed.

keep in mind that your plants will increas a great amount in height when flipped to 12/12, any were from 50%-200% depending on strains and pot size. so if you have a max height that your plants can not grow taller then, i would keep the plants in small pots for about 2-3 weeks, and then repot to bigger pots and let them grow to desired height before flipping.

some info on your room could help us to give you some nice advice for your grow =)

On a photoperiod plant, I was curious if you just wanted to make the plant say a short 20-24 in, could you just veg for 1-2 weeks than switch light schedule over to 12-12 to make it begin to flower/show sex? I've only grown auto flowers so i'm not entirely sure on how that would work. Any input is helpful :D

You're completely correct. I typically recommend getting them to 12 inches then flowering.

Back
Top Bottom