Plant in distress - Need help

Thank you so much!!! We dont have bug problems anymore,thanks god...But thanks for the advice... If we ever get the same problem,for sure we will use neem oil! All the best!!!

Thank you so much!!! We dont have bug problems anymore,thanks god...But thanks for the advice... If we ever get the same problem,for sure we will use neem oil! All the best!!!

Aww that's good to hear ! ! :slide: Ya, it's always good to have a spare bottle of neim hanging around the garden. You never know when them buggers will show up. :icon_roll

Glad to hear everything is back on track tho! I'll be watching ! :high-five::Namaste:

Right, so last night we made our first clones, 13 of them. 4 hours later 11 were dead, but 2 of them are still hanging in there. I followed instructions, cut the cutting, dipped it in water for a few minutes, trimmed the fan leaves and then dipped it in clonex and planted it in our coco-perlite mix. I left them sitting in the dark until now, but within the 4 hours i could already see most of them drooping and dying. We have 2 survivors for now. I just stuck a fluorescent lamp in there, and i'm gonna try work out an MH 400W until tonight. We are gonna try and make new clones again tonight, hopefully this time they're gonna make it. Any tips and tricks before we go ahead are welcome :)

ok so update on our next moves:
we are going to make another bunch of clones. We are going to try a couple of methods simultaneously to see what works best: we are gonna stick a few of them in plain water, a few of them in plain water after dipping the cutting in cloning gel, and a few of them in a coco-perlite medium with cloning gel (again).
So here's our problem:
we have divided opinions on how we should regulate heat, humidity and light.
We have a grow box 60x60x120cm (120 being height). We have an MH 400W lamp. We have a couple of fluorescent lamps (36W i think). And we have a home-made humidity dome (plastic bottle with holes).
So, the issue is:
-should we stick in the MH lamp and put them under the dome? the main concern in that option is that the MH light might be too strong for the new cuttings. In this case the temperature can be kept between 27 and 29 degrees Celsius. Also, in case the light is too strong, we could put a sheet of white paper on top of the dome.
-should we stick in the fluro lamps and put them under the dome? the main problem with this solution is that the temperature is, during daytime, around 21 degrees Celsius.

So, which option is better, and if possible, why so?

You don't need hot temps for clones. In fact it is a bad thing to get to a warmer temp used for grow. Going as low at 15 C is fine for cloning. You want to let is slow down and not stress.

You best option is using a humidity dome with the florescent. I do that and get 100% successful clones.

Another problem you may be doing is making too small of clones. You can clone any size I have done so myself. But taller clones with multiple sets of fan leaves have a much higher chance of working. If you have 3 sets of fan leaves left after you trim it down you almost can't screw it up. There is plenty of stored up nutes to get through making roots.

They will lean over for a few days. But after about a week in the dome you can remove the dome and they should be fine. If not just put the dome back on.

:goodluck:

Now I use peat plugs which were made for this. I have used both Aerated water and coco and both are inferior. Can you get to a grow store and get rapid rooters or some type of rooting plug?

I use these...available at the local store.
Mad Farmer Products » Mad Roots

But if you can't use proper rooting mediums then I would use the medium you plant to use. If you are in Hydro use a net pot with the growing medium. If in soil get a solo-cup full of soil.

btw, this is what it looks like now. There are 2 clones in the glass of water. One of them went full retard, drooping, looking really bad, but now it's looking great again, after being placed from coco to water. Also the mother is sitting in there with them, as y'all can see

IMG_20160129_175328.jpg

putting it in just water wont work very well and likely will create a few problems. When doing that you need to use an air pump and an airs tone. Even if it grew roots they would immediately drown and die.

Roots need air more than water. You want the medium to be moist not wet.

right, plug-ins..im out of those, and can't get any atm..so it's either coco in solo cups or plain water :)

Plain water will kill hte clone do n't do that without an airpump.

Coco in a solo is your best move if you don't want to follow my previous advice of using the medium you are going into. Make sure the cup has hole in the bottom to drain excess. Do not get it soaking wet just moist. Then put it under a dome.

ok, right, but the water just revived one of the clones... out of 13 only 1 survived the cloning without any drooping, and one of the 13 almost died but got revived in the water just today... so im just trying to figure out whats best...

Drooping is normal. That doesn't mean anything. If they are not in a dome they will for sure droop. Getting them to the proper humidity under a dome will fix that.

But leaving them in water will not allow for them to grow roots.

Back
Top Bottom