Plant in need of help here people!

jacob420

Hello hello,

What do you make of these poor leaves? What's going on with this plant?

1663528015303.png

It's a stealth box grow under CFL's. It's been growing really strong so far but suddenly some of the middle tier leaves turn yellow and burn at the tips. The two first leaves (what are they called again?) they kind of yellowed and turned over also but the plant itself kept going strong till this.

Reading around the forum I think it might be a deficiency but I don't know which - so hard to tell isn't it?

What Strain is it?
* Super Skunk, Sensai Seeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
* I know it's a hybrid but thats all I know, sorry
How Many Plants?
* Four in total
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
* Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
* Three weeks
Indoor or Outdoor?
* Indoor
Soil or Hydro?
* Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
* Potting soil
If Soil... What Size Pot?
* 5 inch diameter pots
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
* Plants are 2-3 inches from a 150W CFL 6700K
Is it Air Cooled?
* No
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
* Averages 24/25 Celcius, 75 Fahrenheit
RH of Room/Cabinet?
* Averages 50-60% RH
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
* 6.5 ish (stupid analog pH meter)
Any Pests?
* None
How Often are you Watering?
* Every 2-3 days in realtively small quantities, I don't drown the soil
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
* Liquid Tomato Fertilizer with Seaweed Extract, 4-2-6.6 with magnesium
Size or Square Footage of Room?
* Oh pretty small actually... but they're small plants still.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

J

Re: Plant in need of help here people! ;)

I am not very experienced, but could it be nutrient burn? Has it been over-fertilized? I will be curious to see other responses come in.

It's nute burn alright. Are you feeding nutes with every watering? If it's 3 weeks old you should just be starting to give it nutes at low levels. Alternate your feeding and watering and cut back on the nutes 'till she gets a little bigger.

I nute every other watering (about once a week), and dilute it, about 1/3 of what the label says. Oh, and had to edit, I am so pleased to have given a correct diagnosis! :p

I nute every other watering (about once a week), and dilute it, about 1/3 of what the label says. Oh, and had to edit, I am so pleased to have given a correct diagnosis! :p

Anyone with Spicoli in his name gets my vote Dude....

Over fertilizing? I thought I was diluting it heavily already. And I've only given nutrients twice, one after 2 weeks and one just recently. Should I flush the plants with water?

Edit: The soil is potting soil. Could that plus the all purpose Tomato feed be too much?

The soil is potting soil. Could that plus the all purpose Tomato feed be too much?

get that man a beer! yes, potting soil has nutes in it.....

Ok Hogdaddy, thanks. Can I keep using potting soil till harvest or should I be using unfertilized soil and adding nuts when needed?

I'm trying to flush with pure water now but I'm a little afraid of overwatering which I know is a common amateur mistake. How do you flush without harming the plant?

your nutes will be depleted before the grow finishes....FWI. they will need feeding then.

I strongly recommend that you transplant those at some point into something other than just potting soil. Straight potting soil is likely to get compacted. Your roots won't like that. I know this because it's a newbie mistake I made myself...so just trying to help you out. I think half soil/half perlite is a popular easy/cheap mix.

Back
Top Bottom