Plant issue

Johnny5thesim

Hi! I am hoping someone can help me determine an issue.

I’m using promix HP with Advanced nutrients ph perfect, along with some additives they have like big bud etc. I am in week 2 of flower. I feed around 5.6 PH. And temps are 76 degrees lights on. 67 lights off.

One of the 4 plants I have is showing an issue. I’ll attach some pics. I have thoroughly inspected for pests with a loupe and a microscope. And nothing was found. I should also mention I’m not at the full strength on nutrients. I’m using 3/4 strength.

I’m thinking perhaps a cal mag issue. But I’m not sure. Can anyone identify this?

Attachments

• 76627AB4-2804-4C7C-AB73-0D0B1FDAF7A0.jpeg
    76627AB4-2804-4C7C-AB73-0D0B1FDAF7A0.jpeg
    519.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 4A9BDE7A-3A40-44B8-8019-261F57016F6B.jpeg
    4A9BDE7A-3A40-44B8-8019-261F57016F6B.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 86
:welcome:

Only thing I can add is your pH is low...I have seen suggestions where it need to be 6.2-6.5 or thereabouts...def someone will give you the exact number.

:goodluck:
If promix is real soil then the pH should be between 6.2 and 6.8. At least that's what I've been reading over and over. I do know that I will try to hover close to 6.3 because I'm told that's ideal. But allowing fluctuation between the highs and lows can help bring in other nutrients. I will be testing all of this out here in a few weeks myself.

:welcome:

Only thing I can add is your pH is low...I have seen suggestions where it need to be 6.2-6.5 or thereabouts...def someone will give you the exact number.

:goodluck:

PH should be fine. The growers support from advanced assures me 5.6 is perfectly fine for my soilless medium.

I was actually using a little ph up, around a month ago to bring it up. But they advised me not to PH up their product. So I stopped, and left it at 5.6! All 3 other plants of the same strain are in perfect health. And being fed the same stuff.

If promix is real soil then the pH should be between 6.2 and 6.8. At least that's what I've been reading over and over. I do know that I will try to hover close to 6.3 because I'm told that's ideal. But allowing fluctuation between the highs and lows can help bring in other nutrients. I will be testing all of this out here in a few weeks myself.

Promix is peat based soilless. I have cross-referenced nutrient uptake for that medium and 5.6 doesn’t seem to be bad. Some of the charts I’ve looked at say I will start locking out nutrients if I go much higher.

This chart, shows hydro/soilless locks out magnesium at 5.6. But I’m not sure which charts are actually correct. As they seem to vary!

Attachments

• 675FFCC2-38D1-45B3-BF3E-C1D6DE1B6145.jpeg
    675FFCC2-38D1-45B3-BF3E-C1D6DE1B6145.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 69
In soiless media you want to keep it 5.7-6.3 mate. Usually start running into problems at 5.5 & 6.5
If you're feeding the correct dosages then the pH of the media will rise slowly during veg and drop slowly during bloom.
To keep things steady you go in at the lower end for veg and the higher end for bloom.
Again though, I did say, " if you're feeding the correct dosages"
Too strong nutes or the wrong stuff,
(like bloom nutes for veg plants. Why do so many people do that?) and the pH effect won't work and you can get all sorts of issues.
Feed light but often and always to run off. Best chance of avoiding most problems in soiless grows.

I definitely think the logic of raising the pH up is very sound. I’ve been hesitant because the support people said don’t do it.

I’ve also noticed it is very hard to get the pH up, it seems as if there’s some kind of buffer in the nutrients that tries to keep it where it’s at.

Does anyone have experience with changing the ratio on advanced nutrients Grow micro bloom? I’ve been dosing using the feeding chart. And it uses the same ratio throughout the entire grow.

I recently had an issue with AN grow, bloom, micro and my well water, causing the ph to fluctuate. What type of water are you using as your base?

I use reverse osmosis. I check ph and ppm every time. I also check on runoff the odd time. PH on runoff is always fine. But PPM varies between 900-1600. This high PPM alarmed me. But apparently promix has ph buffering agents that effect runoff PPM. So I was told to disregard it.

I definitely think the logic of raising the pH up is very sound. I’ve been hesitant because the support people said don’t do it.

I’ve also noticed it is very hard to get the pH up, it seems as if there’s some kind of buffer in the nutrients that tries to keep it where it’s at.

Does anyone have experience with changing the ratio on advanced nutrients Grow micro bloom? I’ve been dosing using the feeding chart. And it uses the same ratio throughout the entire grow.
Got a pic of the chart you're using mate?
Most of them aren't worth the paper they're printed on lol.

Got a pic of the chart you're using mate?
Most of them aren't worth the paper they're printed on lol.

I’m using the advanced nutrients bud labs app. I’ve followed it throughout veg. And now I’m following the bloom cycle stuff. Here’s pics of the first 3 weeks feeding.

I’m only using 3ml/L though of the grow micro bloom up to this point. I’m at 900ppm on feedings. And didn’t want to jump so high to 1300 or so going full strength. Perhaps I I just need to go full strength?

Attachments

• C526EEE7-FE8D-40C5-BBB5-FAE5AFADD846.png
    C526EEE7-FE8D-40C5-BBB5-FAE5AFADD846.png
    232.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 466B66ED-6532-4F24-A8CB-1DB3D3D543C7.png
    466B66ED-6532-4F24-A8CB-1DB3D3D543C7.png
    235.1 KB · Views: 71
  • AA3DA83F-D173-45F6-BB61-68DAC56F1469.png
    AA3DA83F-D173-45F6-BB61-68DAC56F1469.png
    233.8 KB · Views: 85
I use reverse osmosis. I check ph and ppm every time. I also check on runoff the odd time. PH on runoff is always fine. But PPM varies between 900-1600. This high PPM alarmed me. But apparently promix has ph buffering agents that effect runoff PPM. So I was told to disregard it.
I wouldn't be disregarding a run off ppm of 1600 mate. Gotta always feed to run off. If you don't, nutrients will build up in the media. That causes ppm and pH issues. If you're run off is 1600 then the odds are that the media is even higher than that.

I wouldn't be disregarding a run off ppm of 1600 mate. Gotta always feed to run off. If you don't, nutrients will build up in the media. That causes ppm and pH issues. If you're run off is 1600 then the odds are that the media is even higher than that.

I always water to runoff. I do a 6L water on a 5g smart pot. And get around 800-1000ml runoff. I was originally greatly concerned. And did a flush to get it down to 400ppm. Then fed it a 650ppm feeding when it dried out next. And the runoff was 1700.

That’s when I started checking into it more. And was told the promix hp had the buffering agents that would release and effect the runoff PPM. And that if I mess with that too much by flushing, the PH will drop because peat is naturally acidic.

I always water to runoff. I do a 6L water on a 5g smart pot. And get around 800-1000ml runoff. I was originally greatly concerned. And did a flush to get it down to 400ppm. Then fed it a 650ppm feeding when it dried out next. And the runoff was 1700.

That’s when I started checking into it more. And was told the promix hp had the buffering agents that would release and effect the runoff PPM. And that if I mess with that too much by flushing, the PH will drop because peat is naturally acidic.
Ah well mate, I'll have to stand corrected i suppose. Thought soiless would behave the same as Coco or other hydro methods but obviously not. Never realised it had buffering agents and the effects they produced.

Ah well mate, I'll have to stand corrected i suppose. Thought soiless would behave the same as Coco or other hydro methods but obviously not. Never realised it had buffering agents and the effects they produced.

That’s what I was told. And the person sounded pretty knowledgeable of it. And said they have grown for years with it. And that I was basically chasing a non problem by stressing over runoff. Especially if I’m watering to run off with each feeding.

For the most part, from what I understand. PH charts are very similar between soilless and hydro.

Back
Top Bottom