Plant light - how much is too much?

SubNoize

Hey everyone new grower here! :volcano-smiley: Hopefully someone will have an answer to this.. How much light would it take to disturb a flowering plants sleep and cause it to reveg? Or would a little light not effect anything. I'm talking like a candle or something tiny. Thanks for taking the time to read my question! Also how much sugar or molasses is an acceptable amount to give a plant during flowering. ml/L

Peace out ! :thanks::420:

Re: Plant light.. how much is to much ?

Hey everyone new grower here! :volcano-smiley: Hopefully someone will have an answer to this.. How much light would it take to disturb a flowering plants sleep and cause it to reveg? Or would a little light not effect anything. I'm talking like a candle or something tiny. Thanks for taking the time to read my question! Also how much sugar or molasses is an acceptable amount to give a plant during flowering. ml/L

Peace out ! :thanks::420:

A pinhole in a tent can reveg or hermie some strains, so I would think a candle would be too much for them. I wouldn't risk it. Plants that acclimated to a small amount of ambient light everyday, might not react as negatively as ones that weren't. I don't know about the molasses during the grow, as I use a mix of chem and organic nutes, and I don't want to run into any troubles early in flower - but I do use it at 5-10ml/gal in the last 2-3 weeks, with good results. Welcome to 420 Sub. :welcome: :420:

Awesome thank you for the feedback. I'm doing a closet grow in my bedroom(I know it's a no no but I'm poor and my house is tiny No where else to grow). Really all it takes is a tiny tiny tiny bit? Oh man.

Two weeks into flower I hope I have not done any damage. I will fix the cracks in it today. I know a little light could have got through the crack in the door.

If you're only two weeks into flower I wouldn't worry about it at all. Just get rid of any light leaks including electrical power indicator lights and such and then keep the light/dark schedule with no strange interruptions if possible.
I use molasses at 5ml per gallon. It takes a bit to dissolve it. I mix it/dissolve well in a smaller container before adding it to the bucket, just so I know it's mixed. Warm or hot water would do a better job.

That's what I need to hear. Very helpful.. Carestaker scared me :( They are strong and healthy I think they will be just fine. Thank you weasel for the advice !!

Well, he is right though- they can be very sensitive about that light schedule. But like he said, I think it's also kind of a matter of what they are 'used to'. It's true that they don't like any light at night. And they don't like random interruptions. They get confused easily and may start to turn hermaphrodite or stop flowering and go back into veg mode. Best to go for absolute zero darkness.
You're welcome! Good luck :thumb:

I had a smoke alarm in my tent which had a red light that blinked every 30-40 seconds. I didn't find out for weeks but when I did I put some black tape over the light. The plants were unaffected from it in my case, so they can handle a little spontaneous light, but any continuous light source should be turned off/covered up.

Back
Top Bottom