Plant problems with leaves and pistils

bobhorner

Leaf_Pistil_Problem_1_Medium_.JPG

Leaf_Pistil_Problem_2_Medium_.JPG

This is first hydro grow, bagseed, right now under 12/12 250w hps day 45.

Plant is about 24 inches tall.

Using HG flowering formula bloom max fertiliser measing 420 ppm, i tried to go full strength and the solution measured 600ppm and the plants looked like they were burning but that was 20 days ago.

Room temp is about 80 degrees, light is about 12 inches from tops.

Too many plants in too small space, didn't expect all clones to make it but they did. 9 plants in rubbermaid.

In the pics you can see pistils drying out prematurely and the leaves are messed up, you can see the yellowing, spotting, drying and curling up.

Also have a slight spider mite infestation.

From the diagnosis pics it looks like a ph problem magnesium deficiency. I changed reservoir about 4 days ago but i don't really see any improvement.

would anyone know what the problem is and how to solve? :thanks:

flyfishin - i sprayed a long time ago while in veg stage when plants were about 1 foot tall. i also sprayed the mother plant way back when with alcohol and water, it kills some but it's not perfect.

I havent sprayed in about 30 days, due to running out of spray.

DaMago - Is all this damage from mites?

a long time ago i had a plant that was super infested tothe point where the whole thing was covered in a web and you could see the red mites all over the place but the leaves got thinner folded over and down not up like this. I don't have too much experience so i would defer to your knowledge.

Leaf_Pistil_Problem_1_Medium_.JPG

Leaf_Pistil_Problem_2_Medium_.JPG

This is first hydro grow, bagseed, right now under 12/12 250w hps day 45.

Plant is about 24 inches tall.

Using HG flowering formula bloom max fertiliser measing 420 ppm, i tried to go full strength and the solution measured 600ppm and the plants looked like they were burning but that was 20 days ago.

Room temp is about 80 degrees, light is about 12 inches from tops.

Too many plants in too small space, didn't expect all clones to make it but they did. 9 plants in rubbermaid.

In the pics you can see pistils drying out prematurely and the leaves are messed up, you can see the yellowing, spotting, drying and curling up.

Also have a slight spider mite infestation.

From the diagnosis pics it looks like a ph problem magnesium deficiency. I changed reservoir about 4 days ago but i don't really see any improvement.

would anyone know what the problem is and how to solve? :thanks:

You should be around 1200 PPM this far into flowering. I think your starving your plants of nutrients on top of a mite infestation. If you see mites then you have thousands. Also looks like heat damage. Place your hand at the top of your plants with the lights on. Does your hand get uncomfortably warm after a minute or 2? Your gonna have ALOT of ph flucuation with 9 plants in 1 rubbermaid container. You must check your ph DAILY. It will require ph adjustment almost everyday especially during flowering. Rule of thumb is 5 gallons of nutrient per plant. The less nutrient you have per plant the more your ph will flucuate.

I agree with Stix, too. I was thinking heat damage and too many plants in one container. The ph fluctuates too much when there is not enough space for everyone. I would even bet to say check the ph at least 2 times a day to stay on top of it.

i agree with stix, upon further inspection slight mite problem is like saying a little bit of cancer.
To kill mites i'm spraying with 1:1 alcohol / water mix.

In order to raise the ph i added baking soda, sodium bicarb.

i pulled some plants out by cutting the roots and will start increasing the ppm slowly to see what happens.

i'll post what happens next so these pics of my mistakes can hopefully be useful to someone else.

You posted your temps at 80*F correct. I would also try bringing the temps down a few maby 75*f will do you better. I didnt watch my temps for a day or two n i fried my plants :(.
Hope you can save your ladies, PEACE

Back
Top Bottom