Plant problems

Look for "RO Buddie" - cheap enough. Just gotta do a little thing with you plumbing but if my wife can do it, I probably should let her have at it. lol

Going from tap water to RO water was a game changer for me on plant issues.

They all disappeared.

I use rain water for all my seedlings and small VEG plants. It's got some nutrients in it un-like RO water but very very minor.

pH testing rain water is something I've never done.

I wouldn't know how to treat rain water using fertilizers. The pH testing of rain water can be misleading. I think rain water pH is 5.8 or there about. Might be perfect for using with fertilizer?? I have no experience with fertilizer use.

Rain water and distilled water absorb carbon dioxide so the pH will fluctuate down depending of how "fresh" it is. Thats my understanding.

I’ve functioned off rainwater for the last 25 years and it’s all I use for the grow- as well as everything else in life. Drinking water I usually haul from a local spring.
My rainwater ph is 5.6 -5.8. It doesn’t seem to vary much at all but then I don’t pay a lot of attention to it. My ph meter probe lives in a cistern and it stays around that 5.7 range. I also assume that there will be fluctuations from leaves getting in the cisterns and whatnot.
Other than that -Ummm not sure what to say- it will work fine.

Back
Top Bottom