Plant problems

Firsttimeindoor

420 Member
Good afternoon everyone

I am experiencing a few issues with my plants and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on. The first issue may be what is leading to the second issue.
Issue 1 when I mix my nutes this is what I have tried.
1 gallon water room temperature, I then add the pure blend pro mix then add the cal-max mis then add the silicate and mix. I keep getting cloudy mix even if I reverse the order of my chemicals. I am guessing somehow I am doing that wrong. What would be your recommendations?

My second issue is the plants are showing some signs of sickness. The leaves are getting quarter sized circular brown spots and old and new growth along with some clawing and drooping. Growth seems slowed. They get fed ph'd water then nutes at 1/2 strength then water again every few days to week as soil drys out. Some pics below of the leaf issues.

And all the info I have on my grow below.

Feb 10 2019 took cuttings
Mar 3 2019 cuttings rooted and potted

Strain: Violator
# of Plants: 5
Grow Type: Indoor
Grow Stage: Vegetative
Container Size: 10" pots ( going to transplant when I clone them)
Lights: 2 X Intenze Grow series FS Pro 800 watt (on 24/7)
Nutrients: currently at 1/2 strength per 1 gallon water/
1ml Potassium silicate Dutch Nutrients
10ml pure blend pro grow 3-2-4 Botanicare
10ml Cal-Max 2-0-0 GROTEK
Medium: Soil
Water Source: tap
PPM: not measured
pH: 5.5
Grow Room: Room 10' × 10'
Temperature: 26°C / 79°F
RH: 45-60%
Pests: None

Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• 20190519_142242.jpg
    20190519_142242.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 20190519_142230.jpg
    20190519_142230.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20190519_142040.jpg
    20190519_142040.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 101
A couple things

pH in soil should be 6.2-6.6, 6.3 being the sweet spot, yer way too low

Mixing nutes

Silica ALWAYS 1st, mix good multiple times over 10 min time
The calmag, same as above
Then micro, same as above

Never rush mixing nutes, otherwise u get what yer getting

Definitely mix in the silica first- it tends to react with the acidic stuff and settle out.

You’re giving them a whole lot of nitrogen when you factor in the Cal max and the Grow nutes.

Have you tried leaving your finished mix overnight and then testing the ph of it to see if it’s changed? The silica nute may be causing issues.

A couple things

pH in soil should be 6.2-6.6, 6.3 being the sweet spot, yer way too low

Mixing nutes

Silica ALWAYS 1st, mix good multiple times over 10 min time
The calmag, same as above
Then micro, same as above

Never rush mixing nutes, otherwise u get what yer getting

The ph is 6.5 not 5.5 that was a typo but for mixing the nutes I will give that a try

I have done that even with straight tap water ph'd over night and the next day it reads .5 higher. Can't figure this out.
Definitely mix in the silica first- it tends to react with the acidic stuff and settle out.

You’re giving them a whole lot of nitrogen when you factor in the Cal max and the Grow nutes.

Have you tried leaving your finished mix overnight and then testing the ph of it to see if it’s changed? The silica nute may be causing issues.

Hmm- I’m not a soil grower so if you’re growing in regular organic soil (not a soilless mix like coco/peat moss) there are more expert opinions than mine and I’ll wander off.

Generally people growing in real soil don’t have to do a lot of ph adjustment, or add calmag supplements.

But if you figure ph adjustment is necessary in your case I would do some more investigation- check what’s in the water you’re using, do some overnight ph tests with your mixes with and w/o the silica- and possibly try skipping the silica nute for a while. It may be causing more trouble than it’s worth.

Hmm- I’m not a soil grower so if you’re growing in regular organic soil (not a soilless mix like coco/peat moss) there are more expert opinions than mine and I’ll wander off.

Generally people growing in real soil don’t have to do a lot of ph adjustment, or add calmag supplements.

But if you figure ph adjustment is necessary in your case I would do some more investigation- check what’s in the water you’re using, do some overnight ph tests with your mixes with and w/o the silica- and possibly try skipping the silica nute for a while. It may be causing more trouble than it’s worth.
Will do thank you

Yeah I think my best advice would be, if you’re checking ph, to test some mixes to see if there’s anything wacky going on and the ph isn’t what you thought it was.
Most issues specifically relating to organic soil mixes are best left to others here to answer. Good luck
:passitleft:

Tap water this time of year if its city water they change the Chlorine/Chloramine this this time of year. Also as Chris mentioned there's pH buffers already in place that help protect the pipes. These are generally not very healthy for plants.

Suggest letting your water sit out over night or even better try and collect rain water and dont pH test rain water. It wont be necessary and the pH test results will not be correct.

Tap water may have buffers fighting against yer nutes and pH up/dn if u use it
When I feed them just water I have to ph it down a bit because it measures about 7.8. Is this what you mean or did I miss something else? I have read and read and scoured different resources to try to grow and am still such a noob.

Tap water this time of year if its city water they change the Chlorine/Chloramine this this time of year. Also as Chris mentioned there's pH buffers already in place that help protect the pipes. These are generally not very healthy for plants.

Suggest letting your water sit out over night or even better try and collect rain water and dont pH test rain water. It wont be necessary and the pH test results will not be correct.
I am going to try letting it sit over night and retest. Should I rest just the water or with the pure blend pro grow 3-2-4 Botanicare mixed in as well?
Down the road if I try the rain water do I just add the pure blend pro grow 3-2-4 Botanicare as directed without ph'ING that as well? Very curious as it rains a lot here? What about river water? I live 200meters from the chanel echart river. The neighbours all drink it but I am on city in Ontario Canada.

Let water sit overnight, plain water
Test it before and after

Buffers in City water try and keep the pH at a specific level. Some have a lot and will always screw up yer pH of yer water with nutes in it

My water is terrible, Soni use RO water system, cheap, only $50, but works great

I will look into the RO system do you still need to ph when using RO ?

Mine is at 6.5ish, so yes, when nutes go in it can drop a lot, but dosent fluxuat like tap can

Back
Top Bottom