Plant Question

Can someone please please help me on what to do, i have had a huge problem just happen, i was sorting out new lights in my grow cupboard and turned my back for 5 min to wire up some new fittings, then when i went back to the cupboard i had a shock when one of my newly sprouted big bud seeds had lost all its leaves, well i say all it had only just started growing its 1st set of leaves, i turned round n looked at the dog n he had 1 leaf on his mouth so the bloody dog ate the leaves, how ever he has left me just the stem, so now ive got a stem about an inch n half long with nothing at all on it, these are newly planted from seed, will this plant survive or is it time to throw it out, will the leaves grow back, sorry to hyjack this thread but i need some help and advice, without this plant im left with 1 big bud, 1 special kush and 1 northern lights x big bud fem, but losing this one is less chance of femail plants as im growing from seed this could of cost me one of my plants, plz help and so so sorry for posting in this journal,

pauldonp said:
Can someone please please help me on what to do, i have had a huge problem just happen, i was sorting out new lights in my grow cupboard and turned my back for 5 min to wire up some new fittings, then when i went back to the cupboard i had a shock when one of my newly sprouted big bud seeds had lost all its leaves, well i say all it had only just started growing its 1st set of leaves, i turned round n looked at the dog n he had 1 leaf on his mouth so the bloody dog ate the leaves, how ever he has left me just the stem, so now ive got a stem about an inch n half long with nothing at all on it, these are newly planted from seed, will this plant survive or is it time to throw it out, will the leaves grow back, sorry to hyjack this thread but i need some help and advice, without this plant im left with 1 big bud, 1 special kush and 1 northern lights x big bud fem, but losing this one is less chance of femail plants as im growing from seed this could of cost me one of my plants, plz help and so so sorry for posting in this journal,

Done for, leafs are needed for growth.

Re: Gator Uncaged

I regretfully inform you that your seedling BigBud is dead. A stick in the mud us just that. . . "A stick." Annuals will not grow if there are no leaves to harvest light. Perennials might, but this is not a perennial. Toss it and start another.

Condolences,
jandre2k3

looks like the dogs in the dog house then, it had just started sprouting its 1st proper leaf and was looking really healthy as well, i just hope the other bb and special kush and nl x bb fem live n all turn out female, well im keeping my fingers crossed anyway, im on tight budget using cfl's. neva used them before but giving it a try due to keeping it low key, i got my seeds from herbies head shop, looks like im gona av to buy sum new seeds unless i get at least 2 female to cut from, thanks for your feedback, luks like its dun for, on the plus side of managed to grow a really healthy stem and the dog enjoyed the leaves, im sure he done it on purpose i was spending my time with them and not him n he got jealous, thats my oppinion anyway, thanks all, any ideas of getting the most out of these plants, scrog comes to mind, im writing up a journal in next few days and will add pictures, thanks a lot guys

ive been reading through some of these journals trying to find a similar cfl grow to mine, im using an old drying cupboard, which is 2 n half ft wide n same depth but its floor to ceiling and had wooden poles at different heights to dry clothes on, thats what im using, im only using basic cfl lights, ie a load of 30 watt daylight bulbs giving off 125 watt or their abouts each and a couple of 2700 kelvin as well for broader spectrum, neva tried this method before so giving it a try due to its cheap set up cost, growing in compost a well, im reading this journal now trying to get as many tips as i can, plus any ideas on improving yield wud help, give me a slap if im stepping on anyones toes in this journal, just fort id say hi n get sum advice

Sorry to hear your bad dog ......................er I mean luck.My cakatoo ate abounch of seeds the day I moved to larger space.:peace::peace::Namaste:
cfl grows are great. I had 30 trees under 1300 watts equivalent.
All plants allways had light green new growth color even after 4 day flush to clean root lock:peace::peace:

ye ye dont rub it in, ive started my journal its called first cfl grow using 30 watt cfls, thats just the title but more lights have been added, im sticking with cfls though, ive posted sum pictures of plants and room, its pretty basic at the minute, im going to have the lights running from front to back with them Y connectors when the new lights turn up, theirs also a picture of the guilty dog, n trust me, have a look, he is clearly guilty, grrrr, might get him castrated to teach him a lesson, what cfls was you using????

im looking for lights all the time, so far ive managed to find sum 45 watt cfls both veg spec and flower spec, ordered sum just waiting for them to be delivered, prices soon shoot up when you go above these watts, but depending on how the grow goes and how the plants look it might mean i need to invest in these bigger ones or just use a load of 40 or 45 watts, im just experimenting at the minute, trying to keep costs down, and see what results i can get, im gona take cuttings for next grow so depending on results i might change lights next time round, also get an aero grow system as well, not sure how it works or type of results but the light only raises about a foot so would need to keep plants small unless i lost the bottom part, but then im just using the top as lights so wouldnt really gain anything, ill see how i get on, not sure what route im going to take for flowering such as bending the plant and run it around the pot to make it more bushy and less high, not sure yet as height is no problem, so would letting it grow natural produce more than super cropping, i know peeps super crop due to height problems but does super cropping increase yeild when compared to letting it grow as it should be grown,

thanks for opening this new thread, im sure we can all add to this for our benefit and not tread on toes, im here to learn and share all i can, any help and advice i can get i will more than likely use, as some of you know im growing with cfl's for the first time, they are 30 or 40 watt cfls daylights and a couple of warm light thrown in for extra light spectrum during veg, my question was amount of veg hours to increase grow, im on 20-4 at the minute as my seeds have only just sprouted and growing 1st set of proper leaves on so, so just keeping an eye on things over next few days, im after as much info as i can get on whats best during veg and flower, i hope you can all add to this and ask any questions you may have for other growers

ive been reading bout GLR, their are so many variables on lighting times its unreal, i just wish their was an easy answer and an optimum light period, as for glr i need to see more results, not many people growing using that method, but im reading more about it at the minute, only came across GLR yesterday,

I had answered this over there, but it got deleted in the mess. So, here is the answer:

Twelve12 has tested this GLR and I have verified its validity. For the test follow this link:Twelve12's Perpetual Grow He details exactly the on/off timing to use, and shows photographic proof of the results, then a summary of his findings. Very thorough.

An interesting read: The Gas Lantern Routine

For verification, look at ANY of my Maternity Ward threads, they all use GLR and are doing fantastically. I used to use 18/6 for all vegging, but since changing to GLR I have noticed a vast improvement in health, vigor, and disease resistance, with the exception of one plant that was for some reason very susceptible. I had one plant that kept getting powder mold, but the others in close proximity never were touched at all. Now those are healthy plants if you ask me.

I've been using a 125w CFL for seedlings/clones/veg its the little brother to the 65w-300w bigger CFL's works a treat.

001811.JPG

002847.JPG

Whilst the subject of GLR is going, i've being using it in my own flowering tent with success saves a pretty penny on electricity.

I've been using a 125w CFL for seedlings/clones/veg its the little brother to the 65w-300w bigger CFL's works a treat.

Whilst the subject of GLR is going, i've being using it in my own flowering tent with success saves a pretty penny on electricity.
I think you may be confused gaslight routine is not for flowering. it is used for vegetative growth only.

I think you may be confused gaslight routine is not for flowering. it is used for vegetative growth only.

No i'm not confused

Unfortunaly when 12twelve done his blog or research on the GLR he never published the results of the flowering stage !

12twelve blog/research is here which only includes veg - The Gas Lantern Routine for Growing Cannabis
Which was only to prove the point that GLR veg timing of 12-1 did not induce early flowering etc etc etc :bravo:

The real information of GLR came from here, more than likely - Grow Bigger and Better saving 30-50% on your energy cost! | Cannabis N.I. which does include the timing of GLR in flowering.

GLR flowering timing
In the flowering stage, never use 12-12, start your flowering period at 11 hours on 13 hours off. When your are growing outdoors each day you get less and less sun light, you should copy the way the sun acts naturally in your indoor grow. So first 2 weeks of flower you go 11 on 13 off, the next 2 weeks you go down to 10.5 on 13.5 off, next 2 weeks 10 on 14 off, next two weeks 9.5 on 14.5 off and the last weeks of flower you should be at 9 hours on and 15 hours off. You’ll get bigger and better buds by copying the way the sun light works on cannabis outdoors.

Heres the rest of link about GLR copy 'n' pasted.

How to reduce the cost of growing cannabis saving 30-50% on your electricty bill using the 12-1 lighting schedule.

The biggest innovator in the history of cannabis in my generation is Reinhard Delp. Not only did he invent and is the holder of the patent for ice water extraction, he has been building flower forcers since 1992. His new solar powered Sun-gate is the leader of the industry. He was the first to feminize seeds and sell them in Europe in the late 90’s. His process was done naturally, without the use of any chemicals.

save energy cannabis cultivationNo one is more copied but seldom matched than Mr. Delp, who to me is the top grower of our generation. The first time he impressed me he showed me 2 plants, planted next to one another, 1 completely covered in powdery mildew, the other completely clean and beautiful. He was developing mildew and mold resistant genetics.

In the late 90’s Reinhard brought back the gas lantern routine that you find in any college grade horticulture book, and applied it to cannabis. Cannabis needs only 13 hours to stay in the vegetative growth stage. The 18-6 lighting schedule in vegetation, actually stress your plants, that never get that much light in one-day outdoors. Cannabis is an outdoor plant. Growing indoors you should copy how it grows outdoors. No Cannabis growing in Afghanistan gets 18 hours of light in growth pattern. Most strains today have some part Indica in their genetic pool. Even equatorial strains don’t get 18 hours of sun a day.

The 12-1 lighting schedule is as follows 12 hours lights on, 5.5 lights off, 1-hour lights on, 5.5 lights off, and repeat schedule. The 1 hour on in between off period fools the plants that stay in vegetative growth state! Your immediate savings are 5 hours in energy costs daily, as well as your bulbs and equipment lasting longer. But how do the plants react to this lighting schedule?

You see immediate growth response from your plants, they are happy from the added rest time. By day 14 the plants tripled in size. The plants are bushy with twice as many bud sites without topping or bending, In fact when you top and stretch your plants out, you get many more bud sites than you would have had under 18-6 using same procedure of topping and stretching plant, your growing bigger and better and faster.

12 - 1 light cycle gas lantern routine

So your saving 5 hours daily in energy costs, as well as your excellerated growth pattern which also saves you time and energy and equipment use.

In the flowering stage, never use 12-12, start your flowering period at 11 hours on 13 hours off. When your are growing outdoors each day you get less and less sun light, you should copy the way the sun acts naturally in your indoor grow. So first 2 weeks of flower you go 11 on 13 off, the next 2 weeks you go down to 10.5 on 13.5 off, next 2 weeks 10 on 14 off, next two weeks 9.5 on 14.5 off and the last weeks of flower you should be at 9 hours on and 15 hours off. You’ll get bigger and better buds by copying the way the sun light works on cannabis outdoors.

Cannabis is an outdoor plant and you should copy the way it grows outdoors indoors. The only thing that 18-6, and then 12-12 lighting schedule's do is make the energy companies rich as well as the people who sell lights and equipment, the more you use the more you spend. 12-1 lighting schedule is a more natural way to grow indoors and you well have the best results you have ever had and save as much as 50% in energy costs.

im now reading through several glr journals and checking resluts, also you know the 125watt cfl your using is that meaning the bulb is using 125watt of power or its using say 30watt and putting out 125 watt, at the moment im using 30 and 40 watt cfls. it says the output is the same as 150 watt incandecent bulb, from what ive read this means nothing, you basically go on the bulbs actual power wattage not the output wattage, im just checking on my plants now so will post pictures in my journal, ill keep you updated

Thanks for all the info, im looking for some videos fo the glr routine and the results it gets, from what ive found so far ive not seen any side by side studys done, so after this grow and if ive got at least one fem plant im going to take cuttings and do 2 or maybe even 3 grows side by side and keep all the variables as identical as i can, im thiking of doing 1 at 24-0 one at 18-6 and 1 glr routine and compare the results, i think its the only way im going to see the results due to people only growing the one light schedule its hard to compare shedules and results without having something to compare them to, so as of today im using pen and paper and writing down as much as i can about each schedule so i can then put it into practise, my plants are at 20-4 now, im undecided yet in if im going to change the lighting schedule im still looking at the results so not changing anything as of yet, plus my plants are only growing their 1st proper leaf how ever i can see the next set starting to grow out of the middle, im just hoping for at least one female to take clones from and try the experiment i am wanting to try and compare the results and then i can judge for myself what is the best for growing and flowering,

thanks for all the input so far, my journal is under ongoing journal as its called first cfl grow using 30 watt cfl, ill try post link at the bottom but not sure if it will work or not as ive not tried it, im going to upload some more pics today of how the plants are looking and growing, thanks a lot peeps

First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

No i'm not confused

Unfortunaly when 12twelve done his blog or research on the GLR he never published the results of the flowering stage !

12twelve blog/research is here which only includes veg - The Gas Lantern Routine for Growing Cannabis
Which was only to prove the point that GLR veg timing of 12-1 did not induce early flowering etc etc etc :bravo:

The real information of GLR came from here, more than likely - Grow Bigger and Better saving 30-50% on your energy cost! | Cannabis N.I. which does include the timing of GLR in flowering.

GLR flowering timing

Fuzzy, you **Are** in fact confused. Gas Light Routine is for VEGETATIVE GROWTH ONLY, and spreading misinformation is making it harder to correct the mistake.

The routine to which you eluded to is NOT GLR, but called Diminishing Light, for Flower. GLR uses 1 hour of light during the dark period TO BREAK THE FLOWER CYCLE. When you flip to flower, the hour of light is removed and then the "day" is shortened by 1 hour... then another, then another..... This is called Diminishing Light

Copied from Twelve12's blog on GLR.... you just have to READ DOWN to see it:
"The Flowering Schedule

Plants that have been grown up using the Gas Lantern Routine are now supercharged with floral hormones, and ready to go into flower with the slightest provocation. The interruption of the dark period has been destroying enough of the naturally building hormones to keep the plant from expressing sex, and the well-rested plant now has plenty of stored nutrients and energy to finish its life cycle and flower. Triggering the plants is essentially just a matter of removing the interrupting light period, so the plants may now experience the full buildup of hormones that will trigger blooming.

In keeping with providing all the correct organic biological and environmental needs of the plant, the diminishing fall schedule should be employed to take full advantage of the hormonal preparation created by using the Gas Lantern Routine. The diminishing hours of light in nature trigger acceleration in the production of hormones in the plant, making it flower with increasing speed and power.

The Diminishing Lighting Schedule

The diminishing fall schedule begins with an evenly halved light schedule, using 12 hours for the first two weeks to trigger the plant into bloom, and then further reducing the lighting for increasing darkness time by one half hour every week.

The final week of flowering will provide the plants with a mere nine hours of light, with 15 hours of darkness, forcing a resulting final explosive hormonal buildup. This sends the plant into blooming overdrive and produces resin far beyond the normal plant’s limits.
When the Gas Lantern Routine and Diminishing Light Schedule are used together, they create healthier, more naturally robust plants. These important and historical botanical techniques are soon going to become very important techniques in the coming years as medicinal cannabis research continues to advance. When viewed from cost of production, organics, and medicinal needs, the methods currently being promoted can be seen counter to the interests of growing healthy plants. Understanding your plants is the best way to grow the best medicine, and looking for solutions to growing problems by observing nature always provides the right answers."

Back
Top Bottom