Plant seems too bushy

Makavelivdon

Hi ive made a new grow box for my second grow but this time rather than growing tall it is growing completely differently even tho they are from the same seeds.

My plant is 21 days old from seed it is only about 6" tall but is so thick it looks odd i can no longer see the stem just full of leaves it is alot darker green than the last one was im just worried cos some of the larger leaves are bigger than my hands and are covering the leaves below and under them its hard to try and move the stems cos they are covered as well

what should i do leave it alone or try and put more light around it

I have the exact same issue. Exact age.
I was told to strap her down, though I was told after, I was a bit too aggressive.
Before.
IMG_20160211_130146391.jpg

After.
IMG_20160211_144900074.jpg

The thing I was told to worry about was snapping a stem. Otherwise, I think it's a great idea. My girl has been slightly overwatered, so she is a little flexible.
If you do this, be careful and do it less aggressively than I.
I am by no means one to coach, but some experienced growers helped me make that decision.
I used 6" peices of wire hangers, bent to a U shape.
It, for sure, will give light to, otherwise covered, areas.
Check out the last pages of my journal , if you like. Ask questions there also, if you like.
Good luck
Peace

she currently has 9600 lumen of cfl light (one bulb is 2700k and the rest are 6400k) that is raised on an adjustable ceiling as the plant grows
was thinking about adding another 4800 lumen around the base as the light gradually gets further away just a bit worried if i can have to much light or if she will grow in a funny direction with lights mounted on the floor aswell
my current temps are 23.4c and 51% humidity
Any advice would be appreciated thanks

WP_20160212_009.jpg

there could be a few reasons why she looks the way she does. first of all she looks healthy so there's no problem there. i think either the lights are too close so the plants has stretched to them as much as she's going to and the overall space is small so she will only grow so much. it's like a goldfish in a small bowl. it will always stay small. it's either the above or it's just the plants genes

Back
Top Bottom