Plant shock question

Zayah

If a plant goes threw shock does it stop its , I guess biological clock?

Example : flowering stage, week 1; plant suffers shock for a week. When it stops suffering from shock am I down a week or am I still on flowering stage week 1 ?

If a plant goes threw shock does it stop its , I guess biological clock?

Example : flowering stage, week 1; plant suffers shock for a week. When it stops suffering from shock am I down a week or am I still on flowering stage week 1 ?
There are different was you can shock or stress your girls that will impede growth. Overwatering for instance will slow growth and can even stop it altogether on small plants. That can eat a week of your plants life easily if not corrected. The type of stress she feels will have a direct effect on growth no doubt. Obviously your goal is to give your girls the best stress free environment possible.
We are all human so mistakes happen how fast you react will be the defining factor on how long the shock will last.

From environment change, got cold.
Depending on how close to freezing your girls got your damage could be permanent
and irreversible. Warming up right away will help then you can assess the damage.

It’s get gorilla glue, and how would I know if the roots froze or not? The Leaves were showing signs and I thought it was a deficiency so I flushed but now I’m thinking it was because it got to cold.

I got them warming up to where finally the top leaves are perking back up. It’s at 71f now. Growth stunned and leaves started to get brown spots and whilt up. They started to get a funny smell to them, if any of that helps. Can’t describe the smell cuz I can’t put my finger on it. A lot of the leaves on one of them suffered to much damage but another only some.

It’s get gorilla glue, and how would I know if the roots froze or not? The Leaves were showing signs and I thought it was a deficiency so I flushed but now I’m thinking it was because it got to cold.
If you only have mild leaf damage you should be ok. If your roots froze you would know. Would be a catastrophic failure and nothing left but tears. If it’s alive your ok root wise.
What happened.

I got them warming up to where finally the top leaves are perking back up. It’s at 71f now. Growth stunned and leaves started to get brown spots and whilt up. They started to get a funny smell to them, if any of that helps. Can’t describe the smell cuz I can’t put my finger on it. A lot of the leaves on one of them suffered to much damage but another only some.
Luckily your only in week 1 of flower if I’m reading correctly.
You can just go back to veg and let them recover. Or clean up bad leaves and carry on. Depends on when and how much you want to pull from her.

Oh ok, Well where I live our weather is bipolar, semi warm one day and then bam it’s in the 50’s in the day and got in the 30s at night. It did that back and forth for a couple days and then my heater broke and I didn’t know until the next day, so I replaced it and that one had a protection thing where it would shit its self off, don’t know if it was the outlet or the heater but I replaced that. Last night it finally stayed on and now my only survivor is perking back up. The other one, sadly all the bud sites it made have whittled along with any fan leaves it had. I think that one is a goner unfortunately

If I put her back in veg wouldn’t that just cause more shock? But then again I guess when you weigh out the pros and cons I may be able to get more if I do that option. Now that week 1 was just an example, on the 31st they will be on week 4. GG flowering is 8-9 weeks

Oh ok, Well where I live our weather is bipolar, semi warm one day and then bam it’s in the 50’s in the day and got in the 30s at night. It did that back and forth for a couple days and then my heater broke and I didn’t know until the next day, so I replaced it and that one had a protection thing where it would shit its self off, don’t know if it was the outlet or the heater but I replaced that. Last night it finally stayed on and now my only survivor is perking back up. The other one, sadly all the bud sites it made have whittled along with any fan leaves it had. I think that one is a goner unfortunately
Don’t give up. She may come back. I have never given up on any of my girls and learned a little each time. She may surprise you. But I would make sure the environment is stable. A freeze in week 7 will be devastating so get things stable going forward. Keep them happy.

If I put her back in veg wouldn’t that just cause more shock? But then again I guess when you weigh out the pros and cons I may be able to get more if I do that option. Now that week 1 was just an example, on the 31st they will be on week 4. GG flowering is 8-9 weeks
Week four is a little worse of a situation. Revegging now is not an option.

If I read right- you have a plant that’s three of four weeks into flowering and has some frost damage? Got a pic?
You can reveg a plant at any stage of flowering. As for ‘shock’ in plants. I don’t think it actually exists, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom