Plant stem drooping all the way and not growing

ProjectFideli

Hello, I have two seedlings growing, and they were both growing pretty evenly until all of a sudden one just randomly drooped down, bent it's stem, and stopped growing completely. I have given them VERY little nutrients (just a tad bit of 20-20-20, not a lot at all). I don't think I overwatered it, and I definitely didn't underwater it. The picture is after I rotated it around, it wasn't bending toward the light. It was actually bending the opposite direction. The light is even for both plants, and the other one is growing strong like a champ. Plenty of airflow, slight shake on the plants, but definitely not enough to push it down like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm a first time grower and would like to have many more successful harvests in the future.

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Follow this link.

It looks to me like your plants are reaching for the light, ie, stretching. Those stems are pretty long for such young plants. What type of lights are you using? How close are they? If you are using CFLs, move them down to within 2 -3 inches of the plant. With HID, closer but watch the heat.

Height, roots and stem thickness. Right now they aretoo tall(height) they fall over. So they are growing more roots and making thicker stronger stems so they can grow taller.

Just for clarification: in my post above, when I said to move the HID closer, I meant closer than they are now, NOT closer than you would put your CFLs. Sorry if I confused you.

CandyCane2014_013.jpg
CandyCane2014_021.jpg
CandyCane2014_014.jpg
Plants should stand upright and support their own weight. If you are using CFLs (compact fluorescents), keep them about 2 -3 inches (5 - 8 cm) from the plants.

Back
Top Bottom