Plant that dosen't want to flower

jessor

I have two plants right now both are grown in a Deep Water Culture system using nothing but the sh nutes that came with the package. Both plants have been flowering now for 3 weeks one is a female for shure but the other one seems like it dosent want to flower. It is still growing and looks perfectly healthy but no signs of any kind of sex. The room temp dosent go above 85 during the day and my ph isnt going up more than .6 a day. I don't have any pests, and I would just like to know if any one has had a similar experience.

How old is it?

If it's too young/not sexually mature, it's not going to flower.

DD

Its just about 8 weeks old and it started staggering its fan leaves probably about 2 weeks ago. I am starting to wonder if I should just cut my losses and go with only the one.

No, give it a chance, at least for another week or so. The age is right.

You can always chuck it.

DD

I had 3 plants from seed from the same bub and 1 started to flower right away after about 8 weeks and another was visibly way behind the 3rd seemed as though it wasn't gonna ever do anything as in no pre flowering at all. i had just plain given up on it all together and thought i'd just play with it and see what i could get away with. I decided i would attempt to LST (or in this case Moderate stress training) this thing right into a knot. I had also remembered reading about stressing to speed up the maturing process so i figured it was worth a shot. And to my surprise it caught up to the straggler real fast. Hope this gives you some hope . Peace :goodluck:

Thanks guys for the advise, it finally popped today. Its a boy and it was killed without mercy. I cut it right above the rockwool, usually i leave the roots in for a few days after but my other one in the tank is so far along about how long do you think that i should leave the roots in for this time.

Back
Top Bottom