Plant too tall for grow space

Maer

I have some plants that have been vegging for about 7 weeks, I was waiting for a new light because I didn't think I had enough for the space, and now they are too tall. Should I top them or LST? Im expecting my new light this week and plan to flip as soon as I get it.

I have some plants that have been vegging for about 7 weeks, I was waiting for a new light because I didn't think I had enough for the space, and now they are too tall. Should I top them or LST? Im expecting my new light this week and plan to flip as soon as I get it.

I would LST. Topping isn't low stress and you could find that your grow will be retarded by doing so.

LST is low stress training and I haven't noticed my plants missing a beat since doing it.

Thanks for the advice on the Damp Rid...didn't work but I'm dealing with an ambient humidity that makes it pretty tough to control. I think I figured out a solution with a buddy here though...that does include damp rid but in a different use.

I hope it works!

:Namaste:

I agree, I use LST as a general rule to increase light to the center of the plant and thus increase yield. Plus, the tops you've bent and tied down get huge colas because they get so much more light along their length. Go LST, you'll be glad you did...just be careful, train them down over several days..don't try to make a 90degree bend in one session.

good luck.

Either or is cool. U can top them, clone the top, and LST the 2-3 new top chutes. If u go into my gallery I rfecently uploaded photos of near finished FLO plants clearly illustrating the results of toping an LSTing in conjunction w/each other. If u only LST at this poin then ur gonna have the problems of fan leaves growing into and on top of each other which can (with high humidity and/or foliar feeding/spraying) greatly increase ur risk for mold/mildew. At the end of the day, its ur choice. I use both techniques but at 7 weeks w/little headroom I'd top em 1st. When they got to flower they're gonna get taller. My 2 cents. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom