Plant trouble... please i need help

BearLT09

hey everybody...this is my first time growing and i am having a lot of trouble, and would really appreciate some thoughts. my plants are wilted and i cant figure out wats causing it... any advice? i am using a 400 watt mh light, 3 gal. pots, mixed soil with a ph of about 6.8 to 7, and i am watering every two days or when soil is drys with nutes every 7 to 8 days...

Hi,
more info or pics would help, look in the forums and you will find a plant problem solver with pics.
Over watering, under watering, heat stress, humidity issues, there are alot of things that can cause droopiness.
Good luck,

Jonny

hey Jonny, i was uploading just now... sorry fo the bad quality
IMG00017-20110426-1905.jpg

IMG00020-20110426-1905.jpg

IMG00018-20110426-1905.jpg

IMG00016-20110426-1905.jpg

thanks for the responses guys... but the plants are watered, about an inch below top soil its moist... the temp is about 76 degrees is that to much? and i did just some new nutes... could that be it?

What I would do is start her off with new soil... give her another chance for life -- I mean transplant her into some comercial soil for the meanwhile.. most people would disagree with what am about to recomend to you... but Miracle Grow Organic (5 gallon bag) $5 dollars would be ideal for now unless you can get your hands on some FoxFarm.
So get your self a bag of MG Organic and dont feed her any nutrients as of yet, let about 3 months pass by then nutrients would be ideal...

Good Luck
-Kim

Also -- how old is she? if shes over 4 - 5 weeks in a 3 gallon pot there should be roots where there drainage holes are... if not or if there dark brown.. she's in a stuntent growth.

Something is definitly wrong and it is happening consistantly.
-Too many nutes, If mine were over ferted and I really wanted to try save them I would try and flush the extra out with plain water. I would let alot of water sit for awhile, I personally just pour it back and forth then let it sit maybe 5 min. immerse your pot in it until its totally saturated, lift, drain, repeat. Sounds like you overloved them, i try to add what been taken out by the plant.
- Is there any air movement in you room.
- How much water do you have to add each time? A little plant couldn't dry one of those out in 2 days. Do they have proper drainage? The main reason they make roots is to find water.(more roots= better plant)
- Did you use floros or straight to to HID?
- I have read of troubles from pot size, too big too fast.
I always start small and work up, it seems to make them hungry for more space, Got to keep them interested or they become lazy and slow down, what's the rush we got lots of space lots of food, take your time.

Curious why nobody has asked this so far: What is your water pH, what is your runoff pH and how do you know your measurements are accurate? What do you use to measure and did you consider recalibrating your device?

That little bugger looks like it doesn't get anything from the soil, which would mean total nute lockout due to wrong pH levels. Your soil may have been 6.8 or so, but my guess is that it isn't anymore...

Water pH is the least of his worries.. I've never really concerned myself with it, am concerned over his soil... I truly believe its in a stutent growth stage, what you have to do is replace soil while you still can.. forget about flushing wont do you abny good.

Water pH is the least of his worries.. I've never really concerned myself with it, am concerned over his soil...
Then you are truly blessed amongst men, but I beg to differ: Too high a pH (tap water, e.g.) is one of the main causes of nute lockout. So, changing the soil won't do any good in the long run if the root of the problem is not adressed.

Since OP hasn't replied yet, that's still speculation, though.

Back
Top Bottom