PlanT

llewop211

Heres the space i'm gonna be working with, my desk...

DSCF00019.jpg

DSCF000213.jpg

I made two compartments for vegging six plants total. Each side can hold 9 cpf's for a total of 18.

DSCF001031.jpg

I'm only using one side right now since the plants are still small.

The lights are seven 27w 5000K's and two 27w 6500K's
For cooling I've got four computer fans running, a 5 inch and 3 inch for exhaust and a 3 and 1 inch for moving air around inside the desk. The exhaust fans blow the air through holes behind the desk.

Temps are between 85-90 with the door closed, humidity is around 45%

This is a legal grow as I recently got my club card. I picked up my first 3 clones about a week ago

BANANA KUSH
GRAPEFRUIT x SOUR DIESEL
O.G KUSH X SOMA A+ / ROCK BUD
DSCF00088.JPG

All three clones where in pretty good condition and have been growing alot

Today I picked up three more clones from a different local dispensary

Cherry AK-47
DSCF0f0031.jpg

White Widow
DSCF00f02.jpg

Blue Dream
DSCF000f1.jpg

these clones don't look as good as the others i got but I'm hoping they'll pull through

For this grow I'm using Fox Farms soil and nutes, for water I go to safeway and fill up gallon bottles out front for 35 cents.

Heres some pics of the first three clones a week after I got them.

GrapefruitxSourdiesel
DSCFf0004.jpg

DSCF040012.jpg

BANANA KUSH
DSfCF0005.jpg

hopefully I learn to take some better pictures soon:blalol:

thanks ezmoney and dgh420

I think I've got enough room to let the first three clones grow for another 2 or three weeks. I was planning moving them under an hps at around 12" then flipping to 12/12 a couple days later

The plants will stretch to about double their height at the time of changing the light over. I am really looking forward to seeing your journal and am subscribed. Are you using a 400watt or 250watt HPS?

:tommy::tommy:
Heres the flowering room/closet
DSCF060041.jpg

It's 2'x6'x9' I've got a 400w hps and a 600w so i'll prolly start with the 400 and finish with the 600

The rooms obviously not build yet but I should have everything together in the next couple of days. The lights can only hang about 6 feet from the ground because of the shelf, so i figure I need a foot of height for pots + 2 feet lamp distance from plants, so that leaves me about 3 feet for plants.

I wish the room was square, I may have to get a light mover :hmmmm:

Very cool set up, but your temp's are on the high side from what I read from the pro's here. You should be shooting for grow areas in the 75 - 78 temp range. Apparently higher temps can force males, and hermies to develop.

Perhaps increasing the size of the fresh air intake could cool things down?

WOW very stealthy, looks cool, im gonna be watching too!

Very cool set up, but your temp's are on the high side from what I read from the pro's here. You should be shooting for grow areas in the 75 - 78 temp range. Apparently higher temps can force males, and hermies to develop.

Perhaps increasing the size of the fresh air intake could cool things down?

Thanks for the heads up OldSkoool, but i don't know what else to do. I started with 2 fans and it was way to hot so i added 2 more, and the intake holes are about twice the size of the exhausts allready. I usually keep the door open a little during the day which helps bring down the temps a bit, but here in socal it's still getting pretty hot with no ac.

In answer to your post question, I dont think you can delete them? Am really impressed with your cupboard. Heat is always going to be an issue in SCal.

This ol SoCal native can relate to that heat. Have a similar problem here in the southern midwest with humidity during the flower cycle. We do what we can I suppose, but without a/c your kinda at the mercy of the Santa Ana's. Let's hope things cool down for you.

Using the 400 then the 600 is a top idea! Hope you can get your heat issue under control. Where I live in OZ we get some weeks in Summer where it is 40+ degrees celcius for weeks on end. The hottest I have felt is 52. Ouch! Just destroys and burns the leaves. I have rigged up a tarp for the plants when it gets this hot but you are indoors so I suppose A/C is your only real option?

I'm not sure if 90 sum degrees will cause heat issues.... the plants seem to be growing fine and aren't these things native to the middle east?

Thanks Tunes,
does that have to do with stomata on the leaves not opening when its to hot? would a dark period help with co2 uptake?

Time for an update-
I finished my flowing closet, I now realize why most people make a flowering tent or box to put inside their closets. It was extremely hard to get everything light proof. I used a ton of weather striping and garage door liner from the home depot and am now 99.5% light free while keeping both doors fully operational. Since I don't want to put any holes in my walls, I took a 10 inch stripe of plastic and covered the right side of the closet opening. I run a 6" intake and exhaust through here while keeping the room light proof by attaching the edges to the sliding door with velcro. Inside, I'm using a 4" inline with a carbon filter that expands into 6" piping and runs through my hoods and out out of the closet. Intake is passive through 6" ducting. I'm testing everything out right now running just the 400w hps and the temps maintain about 85 degrees at plant level with r/h at about 50%. Heres the flicks...

DSCF0d002.jpg

ha, just noticed my roomate in the mirror

DSCF0ff001.jpg

Plant update,
I started LST on my three oldest clones and they are loving it, all their new growth is looking great and I'm thinking about repotting them into 5 gallon pots and throwing them under the hps tomorrow. They would still be getting 20/4 or even 24/7 for a week or two, I'm just worried they may be getting root bond in their small pots...anywho the fliks
aaa3.jpg

Banana Kush

DSCF00fg01.jpg

DSCF0g002.jpg

GrapefruitxSourdiesel

Just realized I had my plants labeled wrong in the first post

As for my other three clones, the stupid white widow died on me. She didn't have enough roots but I planted her anyway and the lamps heat must have been to much. I'm pretty bumbed cause i really wanted that strain so I bought 5 dutch passion feminized white widow seeds which should be here in a week. I think I'm gonna go no mercy on them and stick them right into 12/12 with my other plants. I'll have to see if theres room.

Shweneyway... the other two are still a little beat from when I bought them but their new growth is looking better each day.
DSCFff0001.jpg

Blue Dream
DSCF0g003.jpg

Cherry AK-47

Have a good night guys!

All the plants have been transplanted and are growing great, here is how they looked a week ago.
DSCF00089.JPG

Heres them today, 2 days into 12/12

DSCF000214.JPG

heres the cherry AK47
DSCF001012.JPG

and the blue dream which I just tied down
DSCF00115.JPG

Back
Top Bottom