Planter size?

I have seen pictures of large plants in not very big fabric pots, set on good garden soil so that
the roots could grow through the bottom of pot.
ever use Air-pot's ? they really work great; once you have the watering down -- air-pot's better than fabric

I grow outside. I'm replacing all my containers with Rubbermaid bins. Drill drainage holes on the bottom. Have handles and wide flat bases. Once the plants are over 1m high, round pots get knocked over by the wind. I don't do "up-sizing" and the plants are 2m tall
20200412_135700.jpg

I grow outside.

I have used a few variations of plastic pots, pales and bins. You are correct about being prone to falling over.
What I have noticed is the UV brakes down the the plastic. After a few years they are brittle. I also wonder about the plastic partials (not visible to the eye) that would be leched to the soil. And how does that affect the plant. And would we be smoking it in the end product.
That's why I switch to cloth. Nice thing about the cloth is that they are much wider than tall, so should be perfect.
I'm using 45 gallon cloth, and 30 gallon.

Just my 0.02$
:ganjamon::peace:

I grow outside. I'm replacing all my containers with Rubbermaid bins. Drill drainage holes on the bottom. Have handles and wide flat bases. Once the plants are over 1m high, round pots get knocked over by the wind. I don't do "up-sizing" and the plants are 2m tall
20200412_135700.jpg
I've used those a couple years until I have the barrels now..those rubber maid tubs work awesome but I have had them tip over in very high winds..my cure was to tie ropes to each corner then drive some tent pegs in the ground and tie them down..takes a hurricane to tip them over after doing that

Back
Top Bottom