Plants are dying. Please Help!

magical484

Plz let me know what to do about this. It is getting worse and worse.

2011-12-11_17_42_25.jpg

2011-12-11_17_42_06.jpg

2011-12-11_17_41_42.jpg

2011-12-11_17_41_29.jpg

I think it's got a case of the everything blues....I would have already started over...sorry my man...it's def a major nitrogen and phos def...Im sure that ph is out of whack....it could use alittle cal/mag/zinc/sulfer action too I'm sure...could use a bigger pot...better soil.....more light....ahhhh or you could just pop another seed bro.....word

I'll agree that it doesn't look good, but I'm curious what the rest of the plant looks like, is it just the lower parts that are that bad? Is there a significant portion that is somewhat healthy?

Would also need details about your soil, nutrients, water, environment, etc.

:Namaste:

I agree not nearly enough info to produce a death certificate. Though I have not seen much worse and they would will require some serious TLC. I would almost wager that you tried to ph your water.

One of my plants are almost completely like this. So im guessing that one is gone. Hopefully it will be a male so i wont be pissed.

My other two plants have it only on the bottom leafs and they tops r looking very strong but i dont want it to spread. Im not sure what to do exactly to fix it tho.

I really hope i dont have to start all over for all of them cuz its been a lot of effort trying to do this stealthfully.

More info:
-soil: potting mix, with miracle gro release for 3 months
-nutrients: hadnt added anything special till this started. then added a little miracle grow nutrients liquid, no mixing. Not to sure if that helps.
-Water: so far its been only tap water. Should probably do something about that. Any suggestions?
-Environment: Stealth closet, with fan blowing at them, an exhust, and intake

Any suggestions on what to do with ph? flushing with correct ph?

*** To the one that is really messed up, i added epson salt to help it with its original disease like this website said, but i added too much. Any way to reverse this? I added the same mixture to the other two but much less. So that is probably my problem since it stopped other nutrients. What do i do to reverse?

For furture, can one of you let me kno exactly what the procedure is during the growing stage. Water, Soil, Nut, ect.

Thanks a ton guys!!!

As for overdoing it with epsom salt, that's not a big deal to get it out of the soil...it's one of the easiest to flush out. However, if levels were toxic and damaged the plant, that's a different story...

Okay...if you used miracle grow soil that's not good, actually that's probably the worst soil you could have used. There's no way to figure out exactly what's going on, in fact, CannaVince is probably right that that you have several problems...any one of which could, and will kill them.

So this might no be an answer you were looking for, but if it were me, this is what I would do... You might call it a "hail Mary":

First, whatever you do, for now don't add any other nutes. Then cut off all the dead portions of any leaves, necrotic tissue just breeds disease, so get it all off the plant. Next, I would flush the snot out of them...run at least 3x the volume of the container of RO (or distilled if you don't have access to RO) water through them. God only knows what's in there for salts, so I'd try and flush as much out as possible. Then I would try to get some beneficial bacteria and micronutrients back into the medium. I know this is going to be the hard part, but I'm thinking some worm castings tea brewed with molasses and maybe some kelp meal, maybe even top dress the plants with some Azomite if you can find it, and water in with the tea. If you can't brew your own, check grow shops in your area...there's one near me that has several different teas brewing all the time, and even produce their own castings.

Then, I'd wait and see what happens... I suspect you have water issues as well, so unless you can get a water report to find out what you're dealing with, I would only use RO, distilled, rainwater, something other than what you were using. You might be able to cut your tap water 50/50 with RO and be okay, but you really need to know what's in there.

The next step depends on the plants, but if you can flush the crap out and get some beneficials in to your soil they might have a chance. I wish I had something better to offer, but there are so many variables I think you are beyond a targeted fix.

:Namaste:

cannabis in plain soil will be fine, those problems are telling you the ph is way off balance. If you're not checking your ph and watering with water in the proper ph range, you will see nutrient lockouts like your picture shows.

using mg time release soil is also not a good thing, it can release an imballanced amount of nutrients to the plant and cause issues, but I'm 99% sure you have a ph issue.

Before you throw more crap into the soil, get your ph in check. Water and collect the water that drains out the bottom, check the ph of that and see if it is in the 6.3-6.8 range. If it isn't you just need to flush it until it gets there, then you will see significant improvement in your plant.

Thanks a lot guys!! For future, what type of soil is the best?

I just wanted to post another picture, and ask what it means if the stem of the leafs are like this. It almost purple and it was really easy to pull off the main stem.

2011-12-12_22_18_35.jpg

Certain strains will have purple stems, it's just genetics. However, it can also be caused by temps dropping or a phosphorus deficiency.

A deficiency can be caused by not having enough, or it can be a lockout due to pH. The later wont happen in a properly constructed soil with a healthy micro-herd. The different components in the soil mix buffer the pH and the bacteria help to fix it as well. You'll only have serious problems if your Total Alkalinity (TA) is too high. But the big caveat here is I don't have any confidence that Miracle Grow is a quality, properly constructed soil...

For a really simple grow I've had great results with Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Osmocote Plus for nutrients, which is a CRF with all the necessary micronutrients. I have been using Promix lately and amending with stuff like extra perlite, dolomite lime, kelpmeal, etc.

Okay guys, so i flushed the hell out of them. I made sure the water i was flushing with was atleast 6.6-6.8 ph. Now i dont know if this is a problem or not, but i tested the ph of the water that came out of the bottom of the pot and it is still around the 6 area even tho i have flushed it with 5x the pot size. Do i keep going till the water that comes from the bottom is in the ph range or can i stop?

Stop trying to check and balance your ph. TOTAL ALAKALINITY of your soil is the only ph issue you will have in soil. Growing in hydro the roots take nutrients directly from the water, without a BUFFER. So ph is critical. Growing in SOIL, DIRT is you buffer. NUTRIENTS are absorbed THROUGH THE SOIL not directly from the water. When was the last time you ph'd rain? How many times have you watered a plant from your garden hose?

Okay guys, so i flushed the hell out of them. I made sure the water i was flushing with was atleast 6.6-6.8 ph. Now i dont know if this is a problem or not, but i tested the ph of the water that came out of the bottom of the pot and it is still around the 6 area even tho i have flushed it with 5x the pot size. Do i keep going till the water that comes from the bottom is in the ph range or can i stop?

If you keep "flushing them" you will drown them. trying to ph your water AFTER you have feed them and/or watered them is an effort of lunacy. You will go crazy and your soil ph is still even crazier. The ph of your soil will rise as it dries and lower as it gets wet.

Okay, so does that mean i have to do something other than flushing with correct ph,water to solve the ph problem and hopefully the whole problem or do i need to do something to the soil?

Once again, thanks a lot for the help

Purple stems can be caused by a lot of things, and they can be caused by nothing. Personally I think we're beyond that right now.

I suspect your water has some serious issues... You really need to see a water report to know for sure, but that's my guess. I recommended using RO (both for the flush and afterwards) because if the TA of your tap water is too high you can correct the pH but you will still have problems. If the total alkalinity is the problem you'll need to dilute it with RO until you are in a safe range (around 60 ppm is ideal). If TA isn't on your municipal water report, you can pick up a pool test kit to find out.

If you really wanted to do something to the soil I suppose you could mix a little powdered dolomite lime into the top of the soil (without damaging the roots), it wouldn't hurt, but it also won't fix anything if it's the TA causing your problems, and to be honest all this might be completely moot... Without knowing what's in the water you are using we're just taking stabs in the dark.

SLOW DOWN, dont panic, and think! The plants were green, and lush, all was good, so the soil was fine, stop trying to micro manage, and over analyze this! The plants were rocking and now they're sucking I get it, but think it enviromental, not institutional. In other words brother I bet you take a loupe (15x) Magnification and you will see Spider Mites dancing across the underside of your oldest fan leaves (if any are left, leaves that is) these bastards are the bane of any Marijuana growers existence and I would bet $5 that may be your problem. If it is go get some SNS-217 and get back to lush green growth killing the bastards that are eating your plants

Okay, so does that mean i have to do something other than flushing with correct ph,water to solve the ph problem and hopefully the whole problem or do i need to do something to the soil?

Once again, thanks a lot for the help

Just use plain tap water. Let is sit out for a bit to allow chlorine to evaporate. They will come back. The damaged leaves will not repair themselves. Keep an eye to the new growth.

This IS damage from trying to ph his water. Lime should/may help. you may also benefit from a transplant into fresh soil (this is what I would do). Removing as much old soil as possible without to much stress on the roots.

spider mites don't do that to leaves, they leave little spots everywhere from where they bite the back of the leaf.

Back
Top Bottom