Plants dying every time! Papery leaves drooping

roboquaid

420 Member
Hi guy's I've been doing little bits for a fair few years now and the past year I've not been able to complete a full grow because of this 1 problem and I cannot work out what's going on.
I'm scratching my head in desperation trying all different things but whatever I do to make improvements my plants will take a turn for the worst just randomly and start dying until they quickly become shrivelled and lifeless.
Before any of you guy's ask about my growing environment its 100% perfect.
I'm using a recirculating nft system, with airstone in the reservoir, my ppms are 850, pH 5.8, temps between 20-25c, rh average of 55-60.
Lights were 2x Mars hydro ts 3000 in a 1.2m x 2.4m tent.
This is what happens to my plants, they will start to look like the leaves are heavy, like they're full of weight and drooping over almost like they're over watered and the leaves are full of water?? But at the same time the leaves feel dry like paper!
Very dehydrated feeling with no moisture to the touch.
Eventually the leaves will be so droopy and so dry they will crisp into dust.
Surely Someone out there has seen this before?? I'm beginning to think it's some kind of plant disease maybe in my environment??
My plants should be very healthy as every parameter is spot on yet they are dying mysteriously every time!
I notice that the veins of the leaves look very dark like purple and the leaves going lighter in color before they wilt away and die.
This is very frustrating and really messing with my mental health.

Screenshot_20211231-163059_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211231-163057_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211231-163050_Gallery.jpg

20211231_163024.jpg

20211231_163021.jpg

20211231_162955.jpg

Hi guy's I've been doing little bits for a fair few years now and the past year I've not been able to complete a full grow because of this 1 problem and I cannot work out what's going on.
I'm scratching my head in desperation trying all different things but whatever I do to make improvements my plants will take a turn for the worst just randomly and start dying until they quickly become shrivelled and lifeless.
I'm using a recirculating nft system, with airstone in the reservoir, my ppms are 850, pH 5.8, temps between 20-25c, rh average of 55-60.
This is what happens to my plants, they will start to look like the leaves are heavy, like they're full of weight and drooping over almost like they're over watered and the leaves are full of water?? But at the same time the leaves feel dry like paper!
Surely Someone out there has seen this before?? I'm beginning to think it's some kind of plant disease maybe in my environment??
My plants should be very healthy as every parameter is spot on yet they are dying mysteriously every time!
I notice that the veins of the leaves look very dark like purple and the leaves going lighter in color before they wilt away and die.

20211231_163024.jpg

20211231_163021.jpg

20211231_162955.jpg
Hello @roboquaid hope you are having a good day my friend.
Sorry about your ladies.
How far away are those lights? Do you have them at 100%.
She is stretchy looking for light.
Do you use calmag? Put in your water first?
850 ppm OK but what line of nutrients?
How much does the ppm drop after 24hrs?
What formula are you using to mix them?
Do you use silicate or any additives?
Couple details we can figure out what's going on.

Stay safe
Bill

there are fungal, bacterial, or whatever, diseases that can be brot into a grow and can wreak havoc,, i know of a member who had it, it continually killed his clones, for quite a long time,, big write up in here a few years ago,,

took him ages to figure it out

20211231_163024.jpg

20211231_163021.jpg

20211231_162955.jpg
Hey there I hope all is good.
@Bill284 is on point and a bit more info on the water is needed. RO or tap/ city water?
How we mix into RO is much different then municipal water.
A bit more info on the water and mix would help to get a few different opinions.
Happy new year’s my friend
Play safe and enjoy

Hey there I hope all is good.
@Bill284 is on point and a bit more info on the water is needed. RO or tap/ city water?
How we mix into RO is much different then municipal water.
A bit more info on the water and mix would help to get a few different opinions.
Happy new year’s my friend
Play safe and enjoy
Thanks for the reply, so it's hard tap water and using canna a+b, I've added a small dose of calmag too.
I actually revived them from this same problem once already.

Thanks for the reply, so it's hard tap water and using canna a+b, I've added a small dose of calmag too.
I actually revived them from this same problem once already.
Hey @roboquaid Happy new year.
You should put your cal mag in your water first according to the required amount, then wait a few minutes.
Then your A then B according to the schedule.
What strength are you feeding at?
Are your lights up high? Height and setting?

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom