Plants keep burning, I don't know what to do anymore

PH to 5.5-6.0?
That must be primarily peat and coco.
FF is pH’d at 6.5. That soil may not be allowing proper nutrient uptake if his water is too high.

PH to 5.5-6.0?
That must be primarily peat and coco.
FF is pH’d at 6.5. That soil may not be allowing proper nutrient uptake if his water is too high.
If this is what he's using to sprout these seeds, we may have found the problem.

Won't know anything until the op can confirm soil.

Sure wish he would answer my questions. This may be something simple.
I want to know what type of water. If it's well there could be too much sulfur. If its municipal it could be hard. Alkalinity is more important than pH for h2o inputs.

I think in soil, the soil sets the PH not water. Maybe check runoff PH PPM.
Checking these won't help in super soil. pH runoff tells us nothing in soil. We just don't do it. It causes you to chase your tail. The inputs matter.

A slurry test is the reliable way to find soil pH.

I think in soil, the soil sets the PH not water. Maybe check runoff PH PPM.
Run off won’t tell you anything in soil. Insignificant factor.
If you have a soil buffered to 6.5, you input at 6.2, as it dries, your pH will rise (the drift), allowing for all necessary nutrients to be available to the plant.

If your soil is requiring 5.5-6 input, and you are putting in at 7.x, you not getting anything hardly to the plant.

If you’re not feeding them, and just relying on the soil... that’s a whole other story. In that case you’d need to feed microbes in order for them to break down the organic matter in the soil. In that scenario, pH isn’t as significant.

I have a PH meter. What would be a bad reading?
In my soil plants, I try to keep the PH right around 6.5. I also grow using Fox Farm soil and nutrients.

In my soil plants, I try to keep the PH right around 6.5. I also grow using Fox Farm soil and nutrients.
If he's using the soil that I posted a pic of he needs a lower pH. 5.5-6. It is coir based amended craft soil. 6.5 is what it is buffered to.

What type of water are you using?? Well or municipal?? Do you know if you have hard water??
Your plants look locked out to me.
Try to get a lights out temp. This may be important.

So this is a super soil? Do you have a pic of the bag/ingredients??

I am using water from the municipality. The same water that I have been using all this time, from the exact same tap.

I can't decrease the temperature without using an aircon and that kills me electricity bill.

It is a type of super soil. I first had this:

Amount30 L
Weight12 - 14 kg
CompositionNaturally aged and buffered coconut husk (Cocos Nucifera L),worm castings and organic plant food additives. Nutritional Additives: NPK 6:cheesygrinsmiley:4 (16) + Mgo 4 + Ca + TE
pH6.0 – 6.5
EC- < 2.8 mS/Cm
Organic Matter92% Min.
Moisture<60% (when packed)

Now this:

Ingredients: Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Perlite (30%), Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone meal, Gypsum, Fermented probiotic bran.

I am using water from the municipality. The same water that I have been using all this time, from the exact same tap.

I can't decrease the temperature without using an aircon and that kills me electricity bill.

It is a type of super soil. I first had this:

Amount30 L
Weight12 - 14 kg
CompositionNaturally aged and buffered coconut husk (Cocos Nucifera L),worm castings and organic plant food additives. Nutritional Additives: NPK 6:cheesygrinsmiley:4 (16) + Mgo 4 + Ca + TE
pH6.0 – 6.5
EC- < 2.8 mS/Cm
Organic Matter92% Min.
Moisture<60% (when packed)

Now this:

Ingredients: Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Perlite (30%), Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone meal, Gypsum, Fermented probiotic bran.
So its probably the same stuff in the pic then.
I will mark the points of interest with a :ciao:

Freedom Farms Premium Classic organic blend is formulated in South Africa mainly for organic growing practices and organic nutrients. Compared to the Formula1 mix, the Classic has a greater Cation exchange capacity (CEC), higher active organic matter content, as well as a balanced semi-slow release organic nutrient component. It will also hold water longer than the Formula1 mix.
:ciao:Substrate pH 6.5.

Ingredients: Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Compost, Perlite (10%), Vermiculite, Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone Meal, Gypsum, Fermented probiotic bran, Organic nutrients

Application:

• Ideal for container growing
  • Indoor, Greenhouse or Outdoor cultivation
  • Quality organic potting soil for vegetables, herbs and general plants
  • Raised bed system re-planted over multiple cycles (No-till, covercrop)
  • Cultivation of organic medicinal grade CBD plants
First watering can either be clean water or for hungrier plants add a single recommended dosage of organic nutrients. :ciao:The nutrients in the soil should be adequate for approximately 2-6 weeks before additional nutrient applications are required.

Ideal watering pH for Freedom Farms Craft Soils

:ciao:Ideal pH 5.5 – 6.0
Pure coconut coir has a pH between 5.8 – 6.8. A substrate/soil pH of between 5.5 and 6.5 is ideal for plant nutrient uptake under both organic and inorganic fertiliser regimes.
Freedom Farms Coco coir is buffered and charged with natural amendments. The high Calcium content of our amendments maintains the pH in the 6.5-6.8 range and will prevent a decrease in pH (substrate acidification) resulting from fertiliser application or waterings at a low pH. The soil pH is therefore buffered against decreasing pH.
:ciao: On the other hand, an incremental increase in pH resulting from tap water (pH 7-8.5) use can cause the soil pH to increase above the optimal range for nutrient uptake. The soil pH is therefore not buffered against increasing pH caused by using un-pH’d tap water. Watering with a pH of 5.5-6.0 will ensure the pH of the soil remains in the optimal range of 5.5-6.5.
About Freedom Farms

Freedom Farms Craft Soils are complete, handcrafted* living soils, formulated* for optimal plant growth and performance in South Africa. Optimising our soils for root health is fundamental in achieving this. Perfectly aerated for optimum oxygen exposure to roots, whilst benefiting from the high water holding capacity of coconut coir pith. A base mineral blend is added to all our soils to ensure long term Calcium and trace element availability as well as pH stability.

Our Craft Soils are inoculated with probiotics and together with the naturally high diversity of microbes in worm castings, our soils are teeming with beneficial soil and plant microorganisms. This optimises nutrient cycling (organic nutrients) and suppresses soil pathogens, keeping the root zone healthy. Some soils are also supplemented with organic plant macro- and micro- nutrients for growers that want to depend less on additional inputs, whilst still reaping the full benefits. We take meticulous care in sourcing, formulating, preparing and blending the components of our Craft Soils.

*Handcrafted – We blend in small batches and have a hands-on approach every step of the way to ensure product consistency.

*Formulated – Both the physical and nutritional aspects of our soils are based on specific recipes which apply to specific requirements of different plant types or nutrient management systems.

All ingredients in our Craft Soils are 100% Natural.

A range of Craft Soils for the connoisseur, the gardener that requires optimal plant growth that can’t afford to skip a beat in production. Each ingredient in our craft soils can be viewed as a different musical note and when played together in a balanced ratio, creates a symphony reflected as vigorous and healthy plant growth, with greater pest resistance.

**Similar to BioBizz All Mix or Fox Farm growing medium

If he's using the soil that I posted a pic of he needs a lower pH. 5.5-6. It is coir based amended craft soil. 6.5 is what it is buffered to.
I was just replying to his question. That's why I stated my brands I use as well.

My guess.....hard water with either too much nutrients too often or hard water with too much nutrients at once. I am no pro though. Take the advice from the ones here helping you.

He's starving them. He isn't feeding them anything but water and the pH may be too high compounding things.

The sprouts are overfed to the point of burning. Soil is too hot to sprout in.

Needs to use teas and amendments in that mix.

Back
Top Bottom