Plants look a bit sad: any ideas?

If he is watering like soil he is using too much nutes

Cut nuts in half or more and water daily
Most water 2x or 3x a day in Coco in flower

Watering in Coco also adds oxygen to the roots. Coco has no nutritional retention at all, thus constant watering is needed

I think you should check the ec of the runoff , if its alot more than whats going in keep flushing untill its back close to your 1/4 feed ec ,
Just a tip look how much (n) is in your calmag, i use a different c + mg supplement for veg and flower might help

I think you should check the ec of the runoff , if its alot more than whats going in keep flushing untill its back close to your 1/4 feed ec ,
Just a tip look how much (n) is in your calmag, i use a different c + mg supplement for veg and flower might help

Sorry my friend

Ppm and pH of runnoff means nothing

Hot spots create high reading, low spots low readings

FYI

Not sure i fully agree with you chris, ive run into it a few times in coco if given wet dry cycles instead of watering daily to decent runoff they can build up salts and cause issues,

This might not apply to the op. But when re-using coco i find it absolutely necessary to flush it heavily with ph'd water and even a lil calmag like 1/4 strength untill the ec of the runoff comes back down its surprising how high it can be after a grow,

Just something i thaught might be worth looking into, ill sit back and follow along id like to see what other experienced coco growers think of this
:passitleft::peace:

Sorry my friend

Ppm and pH of runnoff means nothing

Hot spots create high reading, low spots low readings

FYI

sorry my friend continuing to flush the plants with 1/4 strength nutrients until his ec and ph values are in check would do nothing but help this guys situation. So yes checking ec and ph would help.

Not sure i fully agree with you chris, ive run into it a few times in coco if given wet dry cycles instead of watering daily to decent runoff they can build up salts and cause issues,

This might not apply to the op. But when re-using coco i find it absolutely necessary to flush it heavily with ph'd water and even a lil calmag like 1/4 strength untill the ec of the runoff comes back down its surprising how high it can be after a grow,

Just something i thaught might be worth looking into, ill sit back and follow along id like to see what other experienced coco growers think of this
Hey. So just to clarify. I am running 4 30l fibre/fabric pots. With coco professional canna in them. Usually i water judging on the weight of the pots. So after I water them they are very heavy and then 3 4 or so days later they are getting quite light, so I water again until they run off into the saucers. So I should not be doing that correct? I should be watering every day until they run off? Usually each pot when dry takes about 10litres until it starts running off and that's after 3 or 4 days. So if I'm doing every day wont they be constantly wet? I thought is was important to let them dry out not completely but u know sort of dry. Will watering every day not cause problems ?

Checked the ec of my runoff it is 3.6 the highest my truncheon reads..

Hey. So just to clarify. I am running 4 30l fibre/fabric pots. With coco professional canna in them. Usually i water judging on the weight of the pots. So after I water them they are very heavy and then 3 4 or so days later they are getting quite light, so I water again until they run off into the saucers. So I should not be doing that correct? I should be watering every day until they run off? Usually each pot when dry takes about 10litres until it starts running off and that's after 3 or 4 days. So if I'm doing every day wont they be constantly wet? I thought is was important to let them dry out not completely but u know sort of dry. Will watering every day not cause problems ?
Sometimes I miss a day cos I'm lazy ..... doesn't seem to cause any problems.
Forget about measuring stuff in coco runoff, it doesn't matter.

Yes you want your coco constantly wet.

If you need to do a flush to get rid of salts then flush with about 20-25 gallons of 5.8pH water with molasses mixed in.
Then water everyday with 1/4 strength nutrients, maybe even twice a day in late flower.

Why would you put molasses into coco?

Yes you want your coco constantly wet.

If you need to do a flush to get rid of salts then flush with about 20-25 gallons of 5.8pH water with molasses mixed in.
Then water everyday with 1/4 strength nutrients, maybe even twice a day in late flower.
I just ran some phed water through them now they all have a run off ec of between 2 and 2.4.
I will also start watering twice a day instead of what I have been doing.

So 3.6 is much too high. I know it’s too late now but a 30l pot is not ideal in a coco grow. Your gonna need to get that down below 2 ec at least.
being in a 30 l pot it’s harder to water everyday cause your medium is going to stay too wet. It is hard to overwater coco but in a pot so big it is very possible.

Back
Top Bottom