Plants looking sickly

FeloniousPunk

Hi All,

I am turning to you to see if you can help with my plants.

The plants are in 5 gallon fabric pots and have been fed from the bottom.

Each plant getting 2 litres of water with between 7.5 and 10.0mi of General Organics Grow. I started introducing G.O. Bloom into the mix about two weeks ago. Everything was going good until about a week ago. We had 2 spells of rain (3 days and 2 days) where I didn't give them water and nutes. They seemed to be getting enough water so I held back on the nutes. I suspect I should have kept on the schedule and dealt with overwatering if it arose. I have been having troubles sourcing G.O. Bloom and am days away from switching to Earth Juice Bloom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace. :peace:

20180824_190924.jpg
20180824_190937.jpg
20180824_190945.jpg
20180824_190955.jpg
20180824_190924.jpg
20180824_190937.jpg
20180824_190945.jpg
20180824_190955.jpg

:ciao: High Felonious

Nice to see you about (thansk for calling me over). They’re looking good apart from this recent dip. I’m not sure I can offer much as I have no experience with synthetic nutes.

I did have a fade issue in early bloom when an outdoor in a pot got washed out by rain a few times and I wasn’t able to too dress it with vermicompost for too long. So your notion about the washout could be right.

Need to check what that pattern of fade indicates - looks like it’s fading from the tips of the leaves back towards the stem yeah? Rain has some good stuff in it usually but if they’re in pots they could’ve lost a lot the feeds like you said. ...

Hopefully someone who knows the nute line will be able to advise. They’ll bounce once they dry out and get another all round feed, would be my take.
:thumb:

I'm afraid I won't be of much help Felonius. I chose a nutrient line that's almost a guaranteed success and never shows deficiencies. I'm at a total loss at to the determination of deficiencies. From your description it sounds like they may simply be hungry. From here it looks like simple necrosis, like they do in deep flower.

In organic soils the line of first defense is a layer of vermicompost to enrich the micro herd. I've only used nutrients with soil once, so I'm not the person to consult. Have you asked @Pigeons420?

I know how this can be frustrating. :hug::hug::hug: We put so much into growing them and we feel every concern to the bone. Might I suggest you pause a moment and catch the satisfied feeling of a bountiful harvest? Hold that energy for a moment and let it banish the sense that something's gone wrong. It'll clear the approach of the answer. These are mighty vigorious plants, as a species goes. :battingeyelashes:

Felonius, have you ever thought to try Osmocote Plus for a pot that you'd be setting outside? The rain wouldn't have had the same effect at all. Just a little question that insisted on being asked. :battingeyelashes:

Hmmm could be that the rain has altered the PH of your soil. Id give them a nice flush of PH'd water until some nice runoff comes through and then put some nutes through. I can see some of those problems look like tip burn so go 1/4 or 1/2 strength to begin with

Hi Sue,

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I am not panicky about this development, more concerned about where this is going. I just need to figure out what's going on so that we get a bountiful harvest. I am actually quite happy with this grow, I have learned patience.

I am seeing what I believe to be a little nute burn on the tips of the leaves and that has kept me from upping the food.

Hi FP - looking at those charts that are floating around the net the only thing that shows that pattern of fade (from the tips backwards) is a lack of Potsssium. If your using synthetics then checking pH is needed before you try to correct K levels I suppose.
I’m wondering if folks like @TheMadDabber or @Pennywise might swing over and give their impression. There are likely others who would know too... but I’m not sure who

:Namaste:

I would give a reduced strength feed ph'd to around 6.0-6.2, only mix it up half strength. I agree they look hungry but make sure your ph is correct. Remember that cannabis plants do need nitrogen during bloom, don't cut out nitrogen all together.

Thanks Pennywise.

I gave them 2l of water with some molasses (35ml/9l), fed from the top, today. If I water them tomorrow I will pH balance it to low 6s, with just a smattering of nutes.

Our water runs around 7-7.5pH. I decided to not balance the well water on this grow. Maybe that was an error. But I also saw that the nutes brought the pH down. so what they have been getting is probably 5.7 to 6.7, although this is just a guess from a few (not recorded) measurements.

Earlier this week, after they had been living on rainwater for 48 hours, I noticed the roots coming out the sides of some of the fabric pots. Does this mean anything?

Hey guys!

Thanks for coming to me. She’s definitely deficient on something but I couldn’t put my finger on it. i personally don’t grow outside and like many others I use a solid nutrient line that really doesn’t allow for deficiencies.

Sorry I can’t be of more assistance.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom