Plants wilting a day after watering: root rot?

Interesting grow technique ,,is that the normal for Brazilian grows ??

Hahaha my bad. These kind of beans are worth gold here in BR... Good genetics is hard to find, and when you do, you have to pay the price for it... Many people getting rich only by selling beans. I can only imagine, but im sure complex and fun, as with everything related to these plants.

Come pay us a visit man, Brazil is a marvelous place to enjoy vacations. Beautiful women, welcoming people, sun, beaches, food is cheap and plenty. What can i say, i really enjoy here hahahaha. You would be sure very welcome in my home (hope i can get my babies to yield, so we can smoke decent MJ).
Oh don’t worry bro, you hang out on 420 and you will get addicted to reading and adding and maintaining your garden.... you will find your groove and have plenty of good smoke.

hell yeah! I need a vacation! Ima go pack my bag!

Your magic tea has me interested
Well i can sure Tell you this is not common practice for cannabis BR growers.
People use It for strawberrys here.

I once Saw one people saying he had gone through the whole veg using liquid humus.

Try It for yourself, i dont know If your worm casting is like ours here.

Fórmula is:
1kg earthworm castings (here we call It húmus)

5 liters of tap water

keep It open, sheltered from the sun, Stir It a lot for 1 minute, at least twice daily.

In 3 days its ready. Should have earthy smell.

Using this fórmula i have 1100ppm, try It in your EWC to see How packed is yours.

I dilute It to 700ppm for watering.

Sorry Bruno, but that is not fertilizer. Your plants are starving.
I have to totally agree with @Emilya on this and i am quite low on the "Knowledge" side.
BUT one thing i do know is that it appears to me they need FOOD bro. :cool:
I'm sure you will get a feel for it in no time
I guess we all learn as we go along how to read what the plant is saying Corse a lot of the time we have these issues
and the plant is telling us something and we miss the mark...
those plants have nice shape nice looking and can be back on track in no time
i am sure someone will drop in and BAM youll nail it.

Fórmula is:
1kg earthworm castings (here we call It húmus)

humus is nothing like worm castings. and yes, it is a much more complete nutrient than just worm castings alone.

humus is decomposed plant material, digested by micro-organisms, and resulting in a soil like material. commercial humus may have a worm casting component, but it is only a component, and the product has been decomposed through a composting or a digesting process.

humus is always 100% from plant material. that is what separates it from other composted materials.

we have it here and it is called by the same name.

so you and @Emilya are both right. worm castings alone would not likely get a cannabis plant to the end.

humus is nothing like worm castings. and yes, it is a much more complete nutrient than just worm castings alone.

humus is decomposed plant material, digested by micro-organisms, and resulting in a soil like material. commercial humus may have a worm casting component, but it is only a component, and the product has been decomposed through a composting or a digesting process.

humus is always 100% from plant material. that is what separates it from other composted materials.

we have it here and it is called by the same name.

so you and @Emilya are both right. worm castings alone would not likely get a cannabis plant to the end.
Nailed it brother.
Never saw anyone saying humus in english, tought it was EWC. Thanks for the clarification.

In Brazil, humus is used alot.

I have to totally agree with @Emilya on this and i am quite low on the "Knowledge" side.
BUT one thing i do know is that it appears to me they need FOOD bro. :cool:
I'm sure you will get a feel for it in no time
I guess we all learn as we go along how to read what the plant is saying Corse a lot of the time we have these issues
and the plant is telling us something and we miss the mark...
those plants have nice shape nice looking and can be back on track in no time
i am sure someone will drop in and BAM youll nail it.
Thanks brother, actually i watered them yesterday, with a bucket and my tea. and brother, my hydrophobic soil must have messed things up. A few minutes after watering with 700ppm, i measured the bucket water and it was 1200ppm... So still overfertilized, even with my last 4 waterings with only water.

The thing is, my soil wasnt wetting properly, and so, my runoff ppm was a lie..
With the bucket technique, my pots became extra heavy, and dialed in the nutrients where they supposed to be, i can already say one of the plants looked extremely healthy this morning.

Watered 2 of them, later this day will take a picture, but i think im on the right path.

Thanks a lot everyone!

You should add Yucca extract to your water.
It's a wetting agent.
I added detergent drops in the bucket, but i know it wont last long.

Wish i had some yucca, these things are so hard to find down here... when you do find it, its for treating hectares, so the price goes boom.

Will try to research other wetting agents to help me.

Thank you sir, you nailed it in the first page, lack of water was affecting me too.
Have a nice day!

I added detergent drops in the bucket, but i know it wont last long.

Wish i had some yucca, these things are so hard to find down here... when you do find it, its for treating hectares, so the price goes boom.

Will try to research other wetting agents to help me.

Thank you sir, you nailed it in the first page, lack of water was affecting me too.
Have a nice day!
Aloe vera also works

Here they are, happy as a fat Man with a New shirt, watering from the bottom gave the soil life, and Dialing nutes made the difference, thanks everybody
Ps: the last plant hasnt been watered yet, gives a good comparison.

IMG_20210409_200946.jpg

Good day masters of this beautiful art.

Thought giving you guys an update about my growing, and all the problems i figured out along the start of this mission.

Well, my medium, made basically of a great part of rice hulls, and it didnt matched with my watering technique.
I discovered that rice hulls, its basically a substitute for perlite, and it failed in water availability to the plants.

When i first was with this problems, plants stunted, they were developing at 5% of the speed.
Problems found: Hidrophobic soil, plants were severely underwatered.
Then i started to bottom water and they perked up, and went to 20% of development speed.

Well, i decided to up pot around 2 weeks ago, and man, roots were barely developed, because of my medium.
Then i uppoted to 4 gallon pots (15L) with peat, vermiculite and dolomitic lime combination, with 20% of this rice hull medium and a little bit of Humus.

And boy.. they LOVED it.
I can say now im at full speed, plants are developing incredibly, and it is so satisfying to see things getting on track again.
Got to say, another lesson learned.

Also applying 1ml/L of EM-1 (efficient microorganisms), with my humus tea. they are loving it. Im going to use now a fertilizer 3-1-1, organic, mixed with my tea, so i can optimize my Nitrogen and search for that beautiful dark green maxpower.

Thanks everybody!
Here a picture under HPS (trying to stretch them a little bit)
Any toughts on when to start flowering? Still plenty of room for Up growth.
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-07 at 10.44.40.jpeg

Good day masters of this beautiful art.

Thought giving you guys an update about my growing, and all the problems i figured out along the start of this mission.

Well, my medium, made basically of a great part of rice hulls, and it didnt matched with my watering technique.
I discovered that rice hulls, its basically a substitute for perlite, and it failed in water availability to the plants.

When i first was with this problems, plants stunted, they were developing at 5% of the speed.
Problems found: Hidrophobic soil, plants were severely underwatered.
Then i started to bottom water and they perked up, and went to 20% of development speed.

Well, i decided to up pot around 2 weeks ago, and man, roots were barely developed, because of my medium.
Then i uppoted to 4 gallon pots (15L) with peat, vermiculite and dolomitic lime combination, with 20% of this rice hull medium and a little bit of Humus.

And boy.. they LOVED it.
I can say now im at full speed, plants are developing incredibly, and it is so satisfying to see things getting on track again.
Got to say, another lesson learned.

Also applying 1ml/L of EM-1 (efficient microorganisms), with my humus tea. they are loving it. Im going to use now a fertilizer 3-1-1, organic, mixed with my tea, so i can optimize my Nitrogen and search for that beautiful dark green maxpower.

Thanks everybody!
Here a picture under HPS (trying to stretch them a little bit)
Any toughts on when to start flowering? Still plenty of room for Up growth.
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-07 at 10.44.40.jpeg
is it just me or can i see some canoeing or cupping leaves yea and maybe even a bity of twisting for want of a better word ?? they look stunning bro :bongrip:

There is some cupping yes!
Dont know what is causing.

Been struggling with humidity, 50 days without rain, and the low temperatures of an arriving winter, had to work my hps to full power. Barely reaching 40%RH. Maybe this could be the cause.

Last pictures was from may 6th. Now may 9th.

IMG_20210509_093953.jpg

Woohooo

Back
Top Bottom