Plasma light for growing weed? Anybody have used stadium light for growing?

kook

ya hi all folks
new to here guys
i got a question about light
is here anybody using a stadium light ( like 2000W light that runs super long )
i have a chance to get a plasma light stadium light 2000W, it is super light i ever seen in my life except the sun in summer daylight.
and it probably brighter than most of you guys future. boom! kidding bros.
but can't test in my country as it is legal though.
so planning to test aboard when i transferred to aboard. but before to this
i want to know if you guys have or any stories have heard using plasma light or stadium light for growing weed.

it has 180,000 lumen
by the way i am gonna test it indoor. so man

and if you guys have any ideas or thoughts about this, hit me up!

Biggest I ever used in a grow was a 1,500-watt light - and that wasn't a plasma, it was just a high pressure sodium. Was way too intense directly underneath, and I couldn't find an air-cooled hood that distributed the light evenly enough to suit me (there are larger ones now, but...)

I came to the conclusion that - at wattages like that - multiple smaller HIDs would be better (for me, then).

By the way, are you talking about sulfur plasma lighting? I haven't read anything about those (in regards to "eventually, in the future") using them as grow lights for years. I always wondered what happened with the development (if anything).

All I really remember about those - and the memories are vague, and possibly incorrect :rolleyes: - was that they had a little round "light bulb" part, and I seem to recall them being powered... like a microwave, lol? The term "magnetron" springs to mind, but IDK. Oh, and that the power output was quite adjustable.

I bet you need quite big growspace not to burn the plants, like a stadium. ;) The only way to know for sure is to test it. I also remembered when they were marketing these lights as growing lights. So its probably plausibel, but every light source have its pros and cons...

Back
Top Bottom